HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

The Trillium on South Park in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Halifax Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 2:11 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifta View Post
The crushed stone for the parking lot is horrible. This is supposed to be a luxury residence, not a builder's yard.
I checked on the HRM GIS mapping site, the property the Trillium is on, everything that you see landscaped is theirs, the gravel lot belongs to the buildings behind it on Brenton St.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaliStreaks View Post
I checked on the HRM GIS mapping site, the property the Trillium is on, everything that you see landscaped is theirs, the gravel lot belongs to the buildings behind it on Brenton St.
That's what I had thought . Is Curry Village still there ?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2013, 12:58 AM
Arnoldin Form Work Ltd.

great photos

You take amazing photos. I never have time to take many good photos of our projects. This is really helpful. I may use a few for our website.

arnoldinformwork.ca (under construction but coming soon)

Thanks again.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2013, 3:04 PM

The developer can't make them go away - they are part of the bonusing system, as I understand it.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2013, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976 View Post
You take amazing photos. I never have time to take many good photos of our projects. This is really helpful. I may use a few for our website.

arnoldinformwork.ca (under construction but coming soon)

Thanks again.
You are free to use any of my photos you like - I'd be happy to see them on your website. However, if you use too many I might request a tour of your operations one day.

Is that "All" Peiner tower crane a rental or have you purchased that from them?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 5:56 PM
life in the present

Living in Vancouver and being from Halifax, I've always thought Trillium reminded me of this 1990's mid-rise on Vancouver's west side and thus I've always questioned how current and relevant the architecture is.

photo by me

Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resetcbu1 View Post
That's what I had thought . Is Curry Village still there ?
Now on Dresden Row, upstairs.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=curry+v...113.76,,0,1.64

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2source View Post
Living in Vancouver and being from Halifax, I've always thought Trillium reminded me of this 1990's mid-rise on Vancouver's west side and thus I've always questioned how current and relevant the architecture is.

/7417274308_2dc84c9861_zps93a50728.jpg[/IMG]
I agree. I learned an interesting thing about the design concept of the Trillium recently. Maybe this is widely known but it was news to me... The ground floor retail is meant to represent the past, the middle levels are meant to be the present and the top is supposed to evoke the future. It ends up coming off like a mish-mash of different styles and materials. It is post-modern in the way that buildings of the 1990s were post-modern. I wonder how much of the design work was done in house (Fares has architects on staff).

Old Posted Jun 21, 2013, 5:07 PM
life in the present

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmillion View Post
I agree. I learned an interesting thing about the design concept of the Trillium recently. Maybe this is widely known but it was news to me... The ground floor retail is meant to represent the past, the middle levels are meant to be the present and the top is supposed to evoke the future. It ends up coming off like a mish-mash of different styles and materials. It is post-modern in the way that buildings of the 1990s were post-modern. I wonder how much of the design work was done in house (Fares has architects on staff).
Interesting design concept but totally unsuccessful IMO, that said, it's a 'pleasant' structure and enhances the area but looks like the design has been sitting in a drawer somewhere for 15 years

If I hadn't kept track the construction thread, I'd swear it was from 1998 if I'd just seen it for the first time. Has all the key 1990's cues seen in Vancouver many times over. You're bang-on with your 1990's 'post-modern' reference!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 3:40 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

One of the more flattering photos I've seen of this building: http://www.visionairimages.com/keyword/Trillium/

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
One of the more flattering photos I've seen of this building: http://www.visionairimages.com/keyword/Trillium/
Great photo!

And as an aside, I will add that the ground floor retail really makes this an asset to the neighborhood!

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 3:28 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
And as an aside, I will add that the ground floor retail really makes this an asset to the neighborhood!
I would have preferred a simpler, more modern design for the tower, but from a functional perspective there's no denying that this building was a great addition to the area. Once the sister sites are developed I think the blocks south of SGR will be similar to the blocks north of it, and even Clyde Street will have a feel a bit more like, say, Dresden Row. Maybe there will be some commercial conversions on the south side of Clyde. The neighbourhood will be more of a retail district whereas in the past SGR felt a bit like a small town main street with a couple of bigger developments.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth