HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 9:48 PM

410 SW Harrison | xx' | 16 floors | Dead

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference.

Quote:
A Pre-Application Conference to discuss a16-story senior housing project with approximately 260-290 units. Three levels of below grade parking with approximately 152 parking spaces is proposed. The vehicle access is from SW 4th Avenue.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 6:38 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
That is an odd location for senior housing basically being in the middle of a college campus but college kids doing beer runs with old people could be a lot of fun. Nonetheless, it would be great to see that little suburban style bank being torn down for a 16 story building.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 4:21 PM

I was thinking about the location as well and realized that Fourth is lined with office buildings, two blocks east are residential condo towers with parks and fountains, the building will be on the trolley line and there are a ton of amenities in the area - CVS, farmers market on weekends, food cart pod, light rail a block to the west, etc. I expect that it will be an active living retirement community at its core. It really is a great location with everything you need right in the area - plus Mrs. Robinson right next to campus?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 6:24 PM

I just realized that I am almost the same age as Anne Bancroft was when the Graduate was shot....

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 12:46 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
That is an odd location for senior housing basically being in the middle of a college campus but college kids doing beer runs with old people could be a lot of fun. Nonetheless, it would be great to see that little suburban style bank being torn down for a 16 story building.
....And my first job with an architecture firm in Portland was with the small partnership that designed that little bank building. It is definitely time to let that building go.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2020, 9:59 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
....And my first job with an architecture firm in Portland was with the small partnership that designed that little bank building. It is definitely time to let that building go.
That's really cool, unfortunately not every building gets to last forever, especially a small one like that. It is pretty crazy to realize that when that little bank went up, that seemed like an okay fit for that area because there wasn't really much around there other than the Harrison Apartments.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 11:42 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
That's really cool, unfortunately not every building gets to last forever, especially a small one like that. It is pretty crazy to realize that when that little bank went up, that seemed like an okay fit for that area because there wasn't really much around there other than the Harrison Apartments.
Actually, closer to home, one of the earliest buildings that I helped design, the Riverplace Athletic Club, originally built for the YMCA, will be demolished before long. C'est la vie.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 9:53 PM

Project has been submitted for Design Advice:

Quote:
Project is for a 16 story mixed use residential building that includes below grade parking and amenity spaces at grade. Storm water disposal currently under consideration is green roof water quality facility and diversion to storm sewer system.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 4:44 PM

Drawings [9 MB].

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Drawings [9 MB].
I'd love to see this get built. That area is so under utilized.

Very generously sized units

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 6:40 AM
A before E

The layout for this building looks really good, it will be interesting to see what the design will look like, though I imagine it will be good since it will be from WPA. It would be great to see more towers that are laid out like this being built because the apartment layouts all look like they would work well for people to live in them. If I still lived downtown, this would be the kind of tower I would have been interested to live in.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland