HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 11:11 PM

West End Medical Center | xx' | 7 floors | Dead

via Portland Maps:

Quote:
A mixed use 220,000sf building with ground floor retail, four to five levels of medical office with residential above. Limited parking either below or above grade.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jun 16, 2019, 11:02 PM
A before E

Wow, so at least 11 stories high if it is just a large box building. Being residential above will probably warrant a smaller footprint for the upper floors, so there is a good chance the building would be taller than 11 stories.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 1:25 AM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
West End coming along

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Wow, so at least 11 stories high if it is just a large box building. Being residential above will probably warrant a smaller footprint for the upper floors, so there is a good chance the building would be taller than 11 stories.
This is hopeful news. I have long awaited the development of the many half-block and smaller surface parking lots in the West End. This site is among the many I have looked at over the years, hoping that some owner or developer would see the obvious potential of each site. I look forward to an active urbanized West End, one that encourages all of the energy that Jane Jacobs would encourage.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:10 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
This is hopeful news. I have long awaited the development of the many half-block and smaller surface parking lots in the West End. This site is among the many I have looked at over the years, hoping that some owner or developer would see the obvious potential of each site. I look forward to an active urbanized West End, one that encourages all of the energy that Jane Jacobs would encourage.
Same here, it is that part of Portland I have wanted to see become more urban like the eastern part of downtown. It would be great to see that area full of mixed developments and everything being 10-20 stories creating a vibrant urban district for downtown.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:47 PM

(subscription required) https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...bExzM3VnIn0%3D

Quote:
Florida developer eyes prime downtown lot for 200,000-square-foot office building
By Jon Bell – Staff Reporter, Portland Business Journal
Jul 8, 2019, 2:09pm PDT Updated Jul 8, 2019, 5:31pm EDT

A Florida real estate development firm with nearly 8-million square feet under its belt is looking to add another 200,000 square feet with a mixed-use building in downtown Portland.

Rendina Healthcare Real Estate, which is headquartered in Jupiter, Fla., submitted an early assistance application with the city for the project. It would rise from the property at 804 S.W. 12th Ave., which is currently a parking lot.

An early assistance meeting is one of the early steps in getting a project permitted with the city.

The property is owned by the Goodman family's Downtown Development Group and is zoned for commercial and residential uses with a maximum height of 325 feet. A few food carts, including Bombay Chaat House, are also on the lot at present.

The building would include ground-floor retail space, four to five levels of medical office and several floors above with residential units.
...(continues)

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 2:34 AM

Excellent. Hate to see food carts get booted once again, but I welcome development in that sleepy part of town.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 4:25 AM
A before E

200K sq footage for half a block, that will be at least a 10 story building. Definitely some good infill, though I am guessing with setbacks and such, it will probably be taller than that. Probably more like the Empire Apartments at 11th and Jefferson.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 10:46 PM

via PortlandMaps, Pre-Application Conference...

Quote:
Proposed development for a 14 story, 287,000 GSF structure. This mixed-use development will include retail, lobbies and support space on Level 1, leasable medical and commercial office space on Levels 2-5 and residential units 6-13, with mechanical and amenity space on Level 14. In addition, three levels of below grade parking will be provided. The project will use filtration planters with the possibility of an eco-roof. If an eco-roof is not utilized then a detention tank will be provided.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 5:27 AM

Walked past that site last week and was wondering if this was still an active proposal.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2020, 10:55 PM

Email from ZGF with updated detail on the development:

"Proposed development for a 15 story, 306,870 GSF structure. This mixed-use development will include retail, lobbies and support space on Level 1, leasable medical and commercial office space on Levels 2-5 and residential units Levels 6-15, with additional mechanical and amenity space on Level 15. In addition, three levels of below grade parking will be provided."

Last edited by Rhome; Mar 13, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 9:06 PM

Project "Postponed"

Update email from ZGF "postponing" the project:
Quote:
We are writing to inform you that we are postponing the proposed development at 804 SW 12th Ave. At this point the applicant meeting is canceled. We will resume contact when the project gets going again.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 11:23 PM

so quiet on this forum...

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
so quiet on this forum...
Indeed.

I check the PDX forum a couple of times a day, but don't post as I' have nothing of value to add (PDX native living in Los Angeles). Never seen it this quiet.

But, I'll add this: please, please, please keep Block 216 going!

Last edited by rsbear; Apr 2, 2020 at 2:53 AM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 1:58 AM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 5:44 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
It looks really good, though I assume it is just the half block building and isn't knocking down the old building in the before photo?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 11:45 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
It looks really good, though I assume it is just the half block building and isn't knocking down the old building in the before photo?
There has been some official process started to demolish the two-story parking garage building at the SW corner of SW Yamhill and 11th. Maybe it is for a different development on the quarter-block site. If so, that is good news because I am a fan of quarterblock or smaller buildings that infill and diversify a blockface.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Here's the site:

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Medical office development in the works

The Portland Clinic and developer Rendina Healthcare Real Estate are engaged in an effort to deliver a new medical office building to the West End of downtown Portland.

The proposed seven-story, 140,000-square-foot building would rise on a half-block at 804 S.W. 12th Ave., between Taylor and Yamhill streets. The property currently is serving as a surface parking lot, and as home to a trio of food carts. The location is near the clinic’s existing downtown location, at 800 S.W. 13th Ave.

Rendina, a national health care developer, was selected through a request for proposals issued by The Portland Clinic. Cushman & Wakefield represented the local health care group.

The project is poised to produce the first major medical office building in downtown Portland in decades, said Greg Goodman, president of Downtown Development Group. The Goodman family owns the property targeted for development. A long-term land lease agreement has been reached.

“I love their concept,” Goodman said. “It’s a great opportunity, and I think the people who are in (the deal) will do real well.”
...continues at the DJC (temporarily unlocked).

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 9:07 PM

Once the Portland Clinic moves across the street it will be interesting to see what happens to their current home. The existing building is far from great and only uses about 1.5:1 FAR. It's rare that a full block site in downtown becomes available for redevelopment.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 1:39 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Once the Portland Clinic moves across the street it will be interesting to see what happens to their current home. The existing building is far from great and only uses about 1.5:1 FAR. It's rare that a full block site in downtown becomes available for redevelopment.
That would be great to see the lot to the east get developed with this new building and then see the full block to the west get redeveloped with a legit tower on that full block site.

It would also be amazing to see those 3-4 blocks of the 405 to finally become covered park blocks, which would really benefit all the real estate along the 405 along that stretch.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland