HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 12:50 PM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 3:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Michael Young

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 7:47 AM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 4:31 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 5:19 PM

Why do they always have these attractive women in the models? It's a bit offensive because it's pretty much using women as bait to sell.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 9:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

?...

Marketing 101!

You wouldn't want to market a Ferrari or CPT with Honey Boo Boos mom modeling next to it. Nobody would take it seriously. Similar to marketing tight jeans. Rule #1, the leg must fit into the jean without exploding like a steam pipe. With a tower like this, the fashion, jewelry, and look must match the demands and expectations of the clientele.

If its offensive, too bad! Don't look at it. Just like if one doesn't like whats on the radio, they turn the knob to another station. All one has to do is read Cosmopolitan magazine to see the other side of the spectrum, involving men being used as props to SELL. Both ways. Quite frankly, more to life than being offended. Life is too short to be offended. Enjoy!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 1:34 AM

But why does there need to be a woman in the picture? Couldn't the picture be appealing with other elements added?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 3:12 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Probably has to do with the subconscious and also displaying wealth and the type of "luxury" experience one will have with a CPT unit. The fur, the seductive look of the woman that screams "come over to this couch and lets enjoy this view, wink wink". The open vista as the city sleeps, but the night is just getting started. Positioned in a way that shows just how small the ESB, know as the King. Well, CPT is now the King, and is proven by that shot above the cityscape. These are just some interpretations of what the shot could aim to indicate.

Some teaser renderings or images in regards to sales are carefully picked and choreographed in a certain way.

Same reason some renderings have towers, and if you look at the cars, they are all lambos or Aston Martins or Lotuses, but never show the beat up Corolla or Minivan. Its all "targeted" towards a certain audience.

I don;t think the intention was to offend, but to display a type of lifestyle that one would have if they "buy" a unit in CPT.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 5:04 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 6:28 PM
New Yorker for life

APRIL 27, 2019

Old Posted Apr 28, 2019, 3:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Apr 28, 2019 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2019, 5:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just got this quick question for you veterans out here. This "underdeveloped" section between NY Public Library and Rockefeller (except 42th street ofc. Middle right in pic). Any chance we will will see more high rise development here in the near future?

I understand it is probably filled with landmarks and not zoned for that - But this area always stands out to me when I see Midtown from the air. Would love to see some towers filling this spot eventually.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 7:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwegian View Post
I know this is slightly off topic, but I just got this quick question for you veterans out here. This "underdeveloped" section between NY Public Library and Rockefeller (except 42th street ofc. Middle right in pic). Any chance we will will see more high rise development here in the near future?

Gary Barnett himself has some large developments in the works, and there's a 900 footer planned in the area as well...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 12:41 AM

There's also a 1,400 ft. proposal on Sixth Ave. near Bryant Park, and obviously the two major Extell sites near Fifth Ave. That area, historically, was more midrise buildings for the Diamond and Garment districts.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:26 AM

I just came across this article on nypost.com:

Developers struggling to sell swanky ‘Billionaires’ Row’ apartments.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:41 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

They will get bought eventually as investment properties or (3rd...4th... homes), just takes time. So long as NYC remains the Dog eat Dog capital, folks will purchase such units, either domestic or international client. 220 CPS is the benchmark of ultra-luxury sellout.

CPT projected to have record breaking sellout as well.

Its crazy to think, but units 1-10 million dollars bloody sell out quite quickly. Once you get into 30mil +... yeah... takes a special kind of client. The ones that use money as papier toilette.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:42 AM
DENNAB

If true that's not remotely surprising...

But yea, NYC is one of the few places in the world where you can pull off buildings like this

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:53 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

$700,000 to $900,000 is the sweet spot for Manhattan. Might seem like a lot but better than 2-5 million, with a 30,000/month mortgage. Some 1 bedrooms can go for that on Park Ave. But thats cheap for the area purchasing wise.

I think in terms of selling, if developments can cater to the 500k-1 million/unit range, its quite desirable.

99 Hudson in Jersey city is having great success.

https://99hudsonliving.com/floorplans (current availability).

Check out the unit on floor 11. Again, might seem like a lot, but a would be 3x as pricier in Manhattan if not more.

Its amazing what a mile or two can mean in NYC or its proxies. A unit on the 64th floor at 1.930 million is a bargain compared to the 5th floor shack on the UWS or SoHo going for 5-10 million.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

https://99hudsonliving.com/assets/floorplans/e1.pdf

Honestly, I'd rather have a unit in Jersey City or Fort Lee overlooking the city. Much better bang for the buck.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwegian View Post

I understand it is probably filled with landmarks and not zoned for that - But this area always stands out to me when I see Midtown from the air. Would love to see some towers filling this spot eventually.
I, on the other hand, hate the Hell's Kitchen hole.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive