HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #61  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:44 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
You know what I just realized all of our old half finished mega-block projects from the 90's and 00's have finally been completed

Cityscape - done
Colliers - done

and AZ center (almost done)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #62  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 5:54 PM
xymox xymox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
You know what I just realized all of our old half finished mega-block projects from the 90's and 00's have finally been completed

Cityscape - done
Colliers - done

and AZ center (almost done)
Well, let’s hope it doesn’t take 30 years for the next mega-block project to materialize and complete...
__________________
mmmm skyscraper, I love you....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #63  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 6:26 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Well, let’s hope it doesn’t take 30 years for the next mega-block project to materialize and complete...
Better Idea, lets not have them anymore
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #64  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 7:39 PM
LocoPhoenician LocoPhoenician is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 95
Looks like they are demoing everything behind the spoonz.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #65  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 8:28 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/J1XClXi"><a href="//imgur.com/a/J1XClXi"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #66  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 8:41 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/J1XClXi"><a href="//imgur.com/a/J1XClXi"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Fixing for ya Obadno

__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #67  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 8:42 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
So I'm guessing they will be using the current elevator core and the existing rebar? Interesting watching how this is going.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #68  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 8:48 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Alameda, San José, California
Posts: 5,978
^ Yeah, after asking about how floors are added before you tie the rebar together.

What I don't get is how much of the existing building they're demolishing for this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #69  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 8:55 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
^ Yeah, after asking about how floors are added before you tie the rebar together.

What I don't get is how much of the existing building they're demolishing for this.
I guess the residents/parking garage will have direct access to that second floor mezzanine mall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #70  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 10:03 PM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 403
Off subject a bit, but I always wondered how that Hard Rock has stayed in business for so long. I feel like they could do so much more there. They should have that second floor space with a balcony and more memorabilia. They would have more events and it would create a much better atmosphere. Guess they get nice lunch crowds for ok food. Idk if I’ve ever seen anyone with a Hard Rock Phoenix shirt.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #71  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 10:10 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Off subject a bit, but I always wondered how that Hard Rock has stayed in business for so long. I feel like they could do so much more there. They should have that second floor space with a balcony and more memorabilia. They would have more events and it would create a much better atmosphere. Guess they get nice lunch crowds for ok food. Idk if I’ve ever seen anyone with a Hard Rock Phoenix shirt.
Strange that you brought that up. I had a friend in town from Ohio last weekend and we stopped by Hard Rock (my first time ever setting foot in it!) and I thought pretty much the same things. Honestly gotta say, I don't recall ever seeing anyone wearing any Hard Rock phoenix gear. I guess that would be mostly tourists? Seen a shirts I liked and thought about getting a couple.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #72  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 10:42 PM
LocoPhoenician LocoPhoenician is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/J1XClXi"><a href="//imgur.com/a/J1XClXi"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I gave no idea what how to post imgur links heard since they don't give you the full link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #73  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 11:44 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Alameda, San José, California
Posts: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
I gave no idea what how to post imgur links heard since they don't give you the full link
1) on Imgur, click on the image with the magnifying glass to maximize it
2) right-click on it, click "Copy Image Address" or equivalent on your browser
3) go advanced in the SSP editor
4) click the image icon with the mountain and sun
5) paste the URL of the imgur image.
6) note the IMG tags around the URL it creates to save you steps 3-5.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #74  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 3:32 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
Took a couple demolition update pics last night. I guess they are tearing the entire old retail section down and replacing it with a new retail shell? It's pretty much completely gutted. Lots of the original rebar is sticking out now.




__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #75  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 2:22 AM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Took a couple demolition update pics last night. I guess they are tearing the entire old retail section down and replacing it with a new retail shell? It's pretty much completely gutted. Lots of the original rebar is sticking out now.




Seems like a waste,lol.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #76  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 2:07 PM
LocoPhoenician LocoPhoenician is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 95
I have to say the name of these buildings are retarded nowadays.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/c...ntown-phoenix/

Hines, the international real estate firm, announced today it will host a groundbreaking ceremony for its new Downtown Phoenix luxury multifamily complex Adeline—its first multifamily property in the Phoenix market—on January 14, 2020.

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego, Councilmember Michael Nowakowski and City of Phoenix Community and Economic Development Director Christine Mackay are scheduled to speak along with Chris Anderson, senior managing director and Arizona leader for Hines. Hip Historian Marshall Shore also will speak.

Hines’ new 25-story, 379-unit luxury multifamily complex will feature an urban courtyard, junior Olympic-size swimming pool, and clubhouse, providing luxury living at its finest in downtown Phoenix near Talking Stick Resort Arena and the new downtown Fry’s grocery store.

“Hines has a long tradition of developing iconic luxury multifamily properties in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Houston. We are building on that expertise to develop Adeline, which will offer unparalleled luxury in Phoenix,” said Anderson.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #77  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:21 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
I have to say the name of these buildings are retarded nowadays.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/c...ntown-phoenix/

Hines, the international real estate firm, announced today it will host a groundbreaking ceremony for its new Downtown Phoenix luxury multifamily complex Adeline—its first multifamily property in the Phoenix market—on January 14, 2020.

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego, Councilmember Michael Nowakowski and City of Phoenix Community and Economic Development Director Christine Mackay are scheduled to speak along with Chris Anderson, senior managing director and Arizona leader for Hines. Hip Historian Marshall Shore also will speak.

Hines’ new 25-story, 379-unit luxury multifamily complex will feature an urban courtyard, junior Olympic-size swimming pool, and clubhouse, providing luxury living at its finest in downtown Phoenix near Talking Stick Resort Arena and the new downtown Fry’s grocery store.

“Hines has a long tradition of developing iconic luxury multifamily properties in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Houston. We are building on that expertise to develop Adeline, which will offer unparalleled luxury in Phoenix,” said Anderson.

Yea, we discussed the name a few pages back. Not crazy about it at all. Link phase 2 will be called "Here Phoenix". Seems like they are just pulling random names out of a hat these days.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #78  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:37 PM
gymratmanaz gymratmanaz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,808
Speaking of The Link..... Is it just me or does the way it is labeled on the top of the building make it look like it says CINK? The word "The' is placed in a way that from a distance makes it look like CINK.

Anyone else think that?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #79  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:48 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Guys, always post new renderings:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #80  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:05 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Guys, always post new renderings:

It's clear by the new rendering that they intend to replace the entire 2 floor retail portions. It looks like it may even extend all the way to Hard Rock. Any way we can verify this?

Edit: NM. Went back and looked at the first rendering on page 1. Looks like the Hard Rock portion will be left as is. I wonder if there will be any future plans to update that section?
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.