HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 3:22 PM

NYC Longhorn is awesome!

I'm jealous that you did the google earth renderings and I don't know how. Thank you so much for putting those up!!!
Hook 'em!
MEAGAN
Texas Ex '02

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 4:20 PM

And it goes on and on and on.....

Austin's own version of Gruene Hall part of downtown redevelopment projectsnovak@statesman.com 04/24/2012 8:47 PM

By Shonda Novak

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Quote:
A project in the works downtown could bring new life to two dilapidated warehouse buildings including converting one of them into Austin's version of the famed Gruene Hall music venue in New Braunfels.

http://m.statesman.com/statesman/db_...tguid=z7jKek8x
Sorry but this belongs on a different lot, try say one in the capitol view corridor,,,space is getting more and more limited to have this kind of development there.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
The pink line by the Frost will be the T.Stacy tower, if built it would be 830 ft. tall.
The T. Stacy project is dead, though, right?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixcity View Post
And it goes on and on and on.....

Austin's own version of Gruene Hall part of downtown redevelopment projectsnovak@statesman.com 04/24/2012 8:47 PM

By Shonda Novak

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Sorry but this belongs on a different lot, try say one in the capitol view corridor,,,space is getting more and more limited to have this kind of development there.
You are correct sir.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 6:36 PM

Bevo, isnt the 9 story tower next to the 11 story one at Riverview also 100 ft.? I would also guess that the "la vista on la vaca" is around 100 ft.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixcity View Post
Bevo, isnt the 9 story tower next to the 11 story one at Riverview also 100 ft.? I would also guess that the "la vista on la vaca" is around 100 ft.
Are you referring to the 9 story buildings that are a part of the Riverview or is there a separate project that is 9 stories? If it is the ones that are a part of it, then I am just including them in with the project as a whole. Just different phases. Like the Seaholm District projects. They have different lots that are being done all separate, but within those lots and different projects there are many phases. Like there is the library, the power plant, the green water plant, the electrical control center, and then the art wall at the substation. Some like the wall and library aren't 100' so I didn't include those lots. (Anyone know the actual height of the new Library? If it is over 100' then I should include it, but I am not sure it is.) Others like the Power Plant lot have its own projects and phases. Like they aren't starting the apartment tower or the tunnel under the rail until next year (I think), they are only starting the retail, office, and plaza this summer. But I am including all of those as one project. Same with the ECC and Green Water Plant. They are doing the various towers at the Green Water plant in phases, but it seems easier to just include all of the towers and plans for that lot together, but since it is being sold, designed, and built separate from the rest of the Seaholm district, I am separating them from the power plant and ECC lots.

Heh, now I am starting to confuse myself. I hope it makes sense. I could separate out all of the buildings but I fear there would just be to many. And on many projects we don't know the real heights of the buildings that are not the tallest, so it would just become a guessing game and I fear not very accurate.

La Vista on Lavaca is now a Hampton Inn. I have it on there as #7 on my under construction section of the list.

Thank you, and if you notice anything else please let me know! There is so much going up right now and being planned it is really hard to keep track of. Which is why I had to get it in one place and one list because I kept getting it all mixed up in my head. So please let me know if you see anything else you are unsure of. =) And if the 9 story is a part of the Riverview or separate. I know there are many apartment projects going on and in the pipeline on Riverside. And I don't know much about any of them. lol.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 8:00 PM

^Wow, thanks for the detailed information. The 9 story building is a part of riverview but they are not being built in phases, as a matter of fact, it is really close to topping out. Thanks again for compiling all of this!!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 8:37 PM

Riverview apartments is really close to topping. Its nice to see something like that built here in Austin a dense cluster of building that went up all at once, I'll up oad some pictures later today.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:36 AM

This thread looks mighty

I just recommended on the Projects and Construction Forum II that we collectively redirect our comments to this thread exclusively. Do we think the old one is ready for retirement?

BevoLJ congratulations on your superb effort. I am really enjoying your first page layout. Might I offer a few more projects for your proposed list? How about the StarOne Hotel at 5th and Colorado or the Gables project between Guadalupe and Lavaca on 4th or how about the hotel at 416 Congress? Perhaps the hotel that is poised to take over the Taco Cabana on Riverside or the Zach Scott Theater directly across the street could make your list? Is the Waller Creek tunnel project worth a mention?

I also commented on the old thread that I am suspicious that the tree depicted in the rendering for 311 Bowie is actually the pecan tree in question. It appears to me to be situated in an incorrect location relative to the creek and the parcel.

I almost forgot. The 21c project and the Hotel Van Zandt looked like some exciting projects. Should they be on the proposed list or have they been written off?

Last edited by P3FE; Apr 26, 2012 at 2:38 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3FE View Post
I just recommended on the Projects and Construction Forum II that we collectively redirect our comments to this thread exclusively. Do we think the old one is ready for retirement?...

...I also commented on the old thread that I am suspicious that the tree depicted in the rendering for 311 Bowie is actually the pecan tree in question. It appears to me to be situated in an incorrect location relative to the creek and the parcel.
My first thought when I saw that rendering was that it was odd to see such a single large tree like that out in front of the building. But if the rendering is accurate, it doesn't look like a Pecan Tree. There's a post on one of the many Austin threads that the developers have gotten approval to remove a dying tree on the site and transplant a healthy one.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 1:17 AM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3FE View Post
BevoLJ congratulations on your superb effort. I am really enjoying your first page layout. Might I offer a few more projects for your proposed list? How about the StarOne Hotel at 5th and Colorado or the Gables project between Guadalupe and Lavaca on 4th or how about the hotel at 416 Congress? Perhaps the hotel that is poised to take over the Taco Cabana on Riverside or the Zach Scott Theater directly across the street could make your list? Is the Waller Creek tunnel project worth a mention?
Oh, awesome thank you. Has anyone heared anything about the Hotel 1? I found the old thread here... http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=173400&page=2 But I haven't seen anything about it in a while. Same with the Gables Republic Park. Although it does seem they still own that land. The 416 Congress site however, I think they sold it. Or it was for sell. Someone posted a link recently showing they were trying to sell the property, so I assume that project is dead? I also thought the Hotel at Taco C was supposed to start soon. But Taco C is still open for business. =) Here is my feeling about anything south of the lake. I kind of lump those projects in with anything from T.Stacy as wishful thinking. lol. The 60' max height requirement kills them all. The concessions the developers have to make to the South Austin NIMBY neighborhoods in order to surpass that 60 foot limit always manage to kill off the projects.

I would LOVE to include the Waller Creek project, but I don't think there is any part of it over 100'. It is under construction and it is a hugely important project in Austin.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 2:06 AM

Free BJs!

Yay! Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it... Free BJs for everyone!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Longhorn View Post
Yay! Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it... Free BJs for everyone!
I really, really liked your renderings. But I will really, really pass on the BJs.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 3:11 AM
~Hook'em~

Financing secured, 'all systems are go' for downtown Austin convention hotel
By Shonda Novak
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Published: 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quote:
White Lodging Services Corp. has financing in place for its $275 million, 33-story upscale convention hotel planned along Congress Avenue and is preparing for a June launch for the project.

A top company executive provided new details about the project — one of largest developments in downtown Austin's history — in an exclusive interview with the American-Statesman.

On June 15, crews are expected to start work to relocate underground utilities at the site on Congress Avenue between Second and Third streets, said Deno Yiankes, president and CEO of investments and development for White Lodging, a hotel development, ownership and management company based in Merrillville, Ind.

White Lodging is aiming for an Aug. 1 start for construction on a three-story underground parking garage with 458 spaces that will take nine to 10 months to build, followed by construction of the hotel, a JW Marriott with 1,012 rooms, up from 1,003 previously planned. The project's cost could go as high as $300 million, Yiankes said.

"We're going to go as fast as the city can give us permits," Yiankes said. "All systems are go."

The hotel will be the largest hotel White Lodging has built and its most "dramatic architecturally," he said.

The JW Marriott will generate 2,500 construction jobs during its two-year construction and create 750 permanent jobs with an average wage of $38,000 a year once it opens in early 2015, Yiankes said

Read More: http://www.statesman.com/business/re...e=rss_business

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:15 AM

Riverview Apartments update.

New Hyatt hotel.

Another unknown project going up on Rio Grande & W. 22nd 1/2 st.

Last edited by JoninATX; Apr 26, 2012 at 5:31 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:37 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

That is a really cool project. I love how when you drive down the curve on I-35 from the south that it frames in Downtown. It makes it look more impressive than before.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

That is a really cool project. I love how when you drive down the curve on I-35 from the south that it frames in Downtown. It makes it look more impressive than before.
I couldn't agree more, I was thinking the exact same thing when I was driving north from south Austin a few days ago.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
Voice of the Modern World

I don't bet on things but even I'm willing to be that Austin will be joining the 6 million + club (for metropolitan areas) within the next 30-40 years. San Antonio will likely get to 4-5 million and the central Texas region will have 9-10 million on its own.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
I don't bet on things but even I'm willing to be that Austin will be joining the 6 million + club (for metropolitan areas) within the next 30-40 years. San Antonio will likely get to 4-5 million and the central Texas region will have 9-10 million on its own.
That's a scary thought. I don't like the idea of that many people living in this city. I would hope we could not sprawl anymore, but instead build highrises to accommodate all these people. Highrises all over, from William Cannon to Louis Henna. No more damn sprawl. I don't want us to be like Houston or Dallas; just suburban sprawl as far as the eye can see.

Last edited by Syndic; Apr 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:25 PM
Meh

I heard on KVUE today that City Council will vote on something related to Green. Does anyone know what it is? They showed a 3D rendering, and the buildings were different from what we saw before. One of them had an angled roof.

Thanks for your hard work, BevoLJ. I went ahead and closed the old thread.

For reference here's the link. I'll move it to the Archive section in a few days.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=124346

Here's the Thread Archive section.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Here's the OLD thread from way back in 2005.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=70078

Thou shall not indict

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations