HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 12:32 PM

I noticed the other day a section of siding had blown off the building.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 1:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Probably the same windstorm that took out the "R" from the Avenir Centre.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 3:02 PM

Quote:
If you're talking about the south end of the building, the siding on that upper right side was never completed. Coming from Riverview, I drive by there frequently and always like to check on it. I keep wondering why they haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
If you're talking about the south end of the building, the siding on that upper right side was never completed. Coming from Riverview, I drive by there frequently and always like to check on it. I keep wondering why they haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
I know the section your talking about and it was two or three pieces of siding to the left of that area that blew away. Not sure why they never finished that corner section. Must of ran out of that crappy looking siding.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 6:44 PM

Quote:
I know the section your talking about and it was two or three pieces of siding to the left of that area that blew away. Not sure why they never finished that corner section. Must of ran out of that crappy looking siding.
Oh OK. Probably if they would have finished it before the wind storm then the other stuff wouldn't have blown off. Maybe now they'll go ahead and finish the whole thing. Doesn't look too good being unfinished.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Oh OK. Probably if they would have finished it before the wind storm then the other stuff wouldn't have blown off. Maybe now they'll go ahead and finish the whole thing. Doesn't look too good being unfinished.
I noticed today that they have repaired the area where the siding blew off. The boom crane is at that area. The siding that blew off was not that close to the unfinished part but in the middle of that upper section so it is a bit concerning that it came off. It was 2 or 3 pieces and I hope they did not fall onto Vaughn Harvey and freak out some drivers.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 4:58 PM

Driving on Vaughan Harvey this morning, I see that there is another ground floor business opening up at Tannery Place. It's called Boutique Intemporelle. They're an interior design studio and are planning to open next month. Kudos to the Junction for securing another commercial tenant.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 1:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Driving on Vaughan Harvey this morning, I see that there is another ground floor business opening up at Tannery Place. It's called Boutique Intemporelle. They're an interior design studio and are planning to open next month. Kudos to the Junction for securing another commercial tenant.
Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Interiorconceptstudio/

A website is also planned. Yet another high quality tenant for Tannery Place South.

- Yuzu Sushi
- Wellness Exchange
- Boutique Intemporelle (coming soon)
- Freshii (coming soon)

This is a somewhat Bohemian and eclectic assortment of contemporary tenants which is going to define the whole Junction Urban Village neighbourhood, and perhaps stimulate the recruitment of other similar dining, retail and commercial enterprises in the future. This development has the potential to be much more exotic than what we usually see in Moncton. I wonder if this is intentional on the part of the developers? It is after all being marketed as an "urban village"...............

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 8:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There was a work crew on site at Tannery Place North today. They were moving earth, and I could see some of the crew gathered around the pieces of the tower crane on site.

I think things are starting to ramp up for the season for Phase Two.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There was a work crew on site at Tannery Place North today. They were moving earth, and I could see some of the crew gathered around the pieces of the tower crane on site.

I wonder if they'll be able to finish Tannery North in less time than it took to do the 1st building. I know it's concrete construction and not wood which does take longer. Maybe it's just me, but I found that the Tannery South construction took forever.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 10:33 AM

Does anyone have an authoritative source for Freshii moving in?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 12:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Does anyone have an authoritative source for Freshii moving in?
- The current location at Botsford/Main is for lease.
- It was reported in the media and on Greg Turners FB page they were moving to Tannery Place South.
- Move-in date is still unknown, but I am pretty sure they will occupy the vacant unit at the north end of the building.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 4:01 PM

Thanks! Guess I missed Greg's post on the topic.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2021, 4:20 PM

Quote:

I noticed paint marks on Main St. and Vaughn Harvey, maybe indicating water and sewer hookups. Wouldn't it be something now if they started digging on the roads, closing lanes, just as the causeway closes. Perfect timing.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 11:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They've moved a lot of the construction materials around on the site for Tannery Place North to allow for excavation for the underground parking, and the installation of the tower crane. Things should be moving along smartly here soon.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 1:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

And excavation has now begun. I predict tower crane installation within the next couple of weeks (or so).

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 1:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have changed the site plan for the Junction Urban Village again.

This revised site plan shows the proposed office building next to the GoodLife Fitness Centre to be gone (not a surprise really, given the current commercial real estate market).

In it's place, is a third apartment building (as we here on SSP had suggested as a viable option), and something called Junction Hall. I am not sure what this will be, but the name implies a public space of some form, perhaps a market, or retail space of some form. In addition, they have extended the parking lot to the south of GoodLife, right up to the CNR ROW. This is probably necessary, because I think GoodLife is losing some parking based on the changes to the site plan.

In addition, there is also now a "future building" across the street on Ivan Rand Drive. I imagine this will be a fourth apartment building. In addition, they no longer show Ivan Rand as a cul-de-sac, and extending westward. We already knew however that Ivan Rand was to be extended in the future in any event.

Interesting stuff!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 4:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Looking at this proposed site plan more closely, I have a few observations and speculations:

1) - The proposed "Junction Hall" and the third apartment building are really located on a single building lot (although they have parasitized a portion of the adjacent GoodLife parking lot). I wonder if they intend to construct these two buildings concurrently?
2) - The new apartment building has a small footprint. I therefore have a strong suspicion that they may build higher than they did/will for Tannery Place North and Tannery Place South. Instead of six storey, I wonder if they won't go for 8-10 storey, or even taller.
3) - The new apartment building will have underground parking. Given the small footprint of the building, I have a suspicion that the underground parking garage will extend underneath "Junction Hall" as well. This heightens my suspicion that they will construct these two buildings concurrently.

Thought?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 4:46 PM

Quote:

Looking at this proposed site plan more closely, I have a few observations and speculations:

1) - The proposed "Junction Hall" and the third apartment building are really located on a single building lot (although they have parasitized a portion of the adjacent GoodLife parking lot). I wonder if they intend to construct these two buildings concurrently?
2) - The new apartment building has a small footprint. I therefore have a strong suspicion that they may build higher than they did/will for Tannery Place North and Tannery Place South. Instead of six storey, I wonder if they won't go for 8-10 storey, or even taller.
3) - The new apartment building will have underground parking. Given the small footprint of the building, I have a suspicion that the underground parking garage will extend underneath "Junction Hall" as well. This heightens my suspicion that they will construct these two buildings concurrently.

Thought?

All very good thoughts. They make sense.

I am wondering a few things;

will they build these apartments similar to Tannery North & South.. or will they be the podium style like those found on Weldon etc. Podium being one or two floors of concrete followed by the rest of wood.. you could almost argue against wood now based on the astronomical cost increase.. but how does the price of concrete compare?

with them showing Ivan Rand East no longer in cul-de-sac form.. i am reminded that there had been an unofficial plan for future use of the land behind Rallye Motors.. does anyone remember this? Does anyone remember who owns this?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:

Thought?
If you look at the shadows cast in the new site plan, they all appear to be all the same height but that includes the Junction Hall so I’m not really sure if the shadows will accurately depict how tall the buildings will be once they’re built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces