HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
They are 600'. Punch in "list of tallest buildings in L.A." on Wikipedia and they have them at 600. Also in your distance pic from the hill you posted you can see they are a bit taller than the theme towers. All the distance views show them as taller, and I believe they are about the same elevation as the themes. In all your observations, aren't they noticibly taller?

From wikipedia: the Theme Towers are 571' tall, the Century Plaza twins 600'. This is from new and official sources. I'll post the link later.

Emporis has them at 600 feet, but Skyscraper Page. Com draws them in at 550 feet on the LA buildings profile.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2020, 3:00 AM

Emporis isnt always the most accurate sometimes.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2020, 9:51 PM

What's the deal with Constellation Park in Century City? I remember Urbanize reported that they broke ground, but that was over a year ago, and I haven't seen any activity there since?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorboffin View Post
What's the deal with Constellation Park in Century City? I remember Urbanize reported that they broke ground, but that was over a year ago, and I haven't seen any activity there since?
I don't have any insider knowledge, but my perception is that Covid-19 put a pause in the plans for that project.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2020, 9:10 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

Although this isn’t the place for political talk, I think it’s worth acknowledging that urban planner Nithya Raman defeated incumbent David Ryu for City Council District 4. And Paul Koretz, who killed the “Uplift Melrose” streetscape improvement project will be out of office by mid-2021 after having served a maximum three terms.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 7:10 PM

Don't know if this has been reported here before but thought you guys should know if not:

Quote:
Blackstone Flexes Its Muscles in Hollywood
BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 8:00 AM ET 11/17/2020

A Blackstone Group partnership is planning to develop a new office tower near the sprawling Burbank and Warner Bros. studio complexes in California, where television programs such as "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and "Days of Our Lives" are produced.

Blackstone's plan with Worthe Real Estate Group to build the 500,000-square-foot tower represents one of the largest U.S. office developments to move forward this year.

The project, which will be positioned to attract employees in the entertainment business, is a sign that space serving the TV and film industries is one of the few bright spots in the office sector during the coronavirus pandemic, which has forced many employees to work from home . . . .

Mr. Worthe said the decision to move ahead with the new building was made recently at a meeting of the venture that he formed with Blackstone in 2017. The venture owns 13 buildings and five development parcels, acquired for a total of $ 1.7 billion . . . .

Blackstone and Worthe are likely to break ground on the new building in 2022 on a site adjoining an existing office tower. That 480,000-square-foot property is fully leased thanks partly to demand from the Burbank Studios, which is across the street . . . .
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/erese...REALTIME003152

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 7:56 PM

Blackstone ($$$$) and Worthe (Expertise)? That's a potent combination! I'd say this has a high likelihood of happening.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 8:28 PM

Could this be a 20 or 25 story high-rise?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Could this be a 20 or 25 story high-rise?
I am by no means an expert on LA geography. I looked at the Worthe web site to see if there was more information there. There are several possible projects listed--I wasn't sure which, if any of them, might be the one in question.

Seemed like maybe it could be "The Tower" (that sounds like a preliminary name) at 3900 W. Alameda Ave. But maybe you guys can figure it out.

The Tower

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 1:07 AM

^ "The Tower" is the existing building in the foreground. A 500,000 sq ft tower would likely be similar in stature to that building.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 1:43 AM

Question

Yea. That's what I'm guessing.
Maybe even 30 stories.
There's no nimby issues, right?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 5:09 PM

Great update from Roger Vincent at the Times on the multiple revitalization projects at the Port of Los Angeles and San Pedro.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...ainment-retail

West Harbor

AltaSea

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 8:26 AM

Hi from Perth Australia !!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachHouse View Post
Hi from Perth Australia !!
Hello Perth!! Perth is said to be the most isolated major city in the world, being so far away from other major cities. I find that to be a selling point. I like plenty of legroom. Living in Perth, do you feel like you are isolated and lonely? If I lived in Australia I'm quite sure I would live in Perth or maybe Freemantle, with Adelaide and Hobart being my second and third choices. California is just getting too crowded, no advantage in a pandemic.

Last edited by CaliNative; Nov 30, 2020 at 6:30 AM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Grabbed these shots a couple weeks ago when I came down from Vegas...Quality isn't the best but you can definitely get an idea of whats going on. Per the thread rules, i excluded the Downtown photos & put them on the other LA thread for you to check out.

Wilshire Blvd Temple

[IMG]IMG_9869 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

Vermont Corridor Tower

[IMG]IMG_9868 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

2900 Wilshire

[IMG]IMG_9862 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_9866 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

Shoreline Gateway Long Beach

[IMG]IMG_7359 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_7363 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

Alamitos Concessions Stand Long Beach

[IMG]IMG_7345 by Anthony Diaz, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 11:29 PM

Awesome and welcome! Drove by the temple on Wilshire today and it looks great. High end quality materials used for the facade

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 3:48 AM

Exciting time for the Wilshire corridor. Between all the infill development, the Purple Line extension, and the museum district developments, there is a ton to see all the way from Koreatown right through Miracle Mile, Century City, west to the 405.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 3:58 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Thanks for the shots, WayOutWest! Shoreline Gateway is coming along nicely. Can't say the same for the podium of 2900 Wilshire. Looks very cheap compared to the tower, and that's the part that's closest to how most people will view it.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 2:56 AM

I drive through Downtown Long Beach every day.....it truly has soooo much potential. I wish it was more of a destination. It needs something to be a bigger draw. I wish Disney had built that theme park in the late 90s/ Early 2000s like they were going to (hate you nimby's and hotel lobbyist). I think that would have really pushed Long Beach to rival SD in terms of beach city.

(For those who don't know, Disney once planned for a theme park, now California Adventure, to be built right next to the Queen Mary when they were scouting for a new park. California Adventure meets Epcot, didn't happen because they were beaten down by nimbys who didn't want the traffic, Hotel lobbyist downtown who were offended that Disney planned on building its own hotel and to make it worse, disney was struggling finanically back then.)

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
I drive through Downtown Long Beach every day.....it truly has soooo much potential. I wish it was more of a destination. It needs something to be a bigger draw. I wish Disney had built that theme park in the late 90s/ Early 2000s like they were going to (hate you nimby's and hotel lobbyist). I think that would have really pushed Long Beach to rival SD in terms of beach city.

(For those who don't know, Disney once planned for a theme park, now California Adventure, to be built right next to the Queen Mary when they were scouting for a new park. California Adventure meets Epcot, didn't happen because they were beaten down by nimbys who didn't want the traffic, Hotel lobbyist downtown who were offended that Disney planned on building its own hotel and to make it worse, disney was struggling finanically back then.)
I don't know, it's kind of a nice reprieve from the "city". Now it's calm, affordable, walkable. Don't think it would be if it had that element to it. Just like if the Port was built in the Santa Monica Bay instead of Long Beach, think of the surf/skate culture that would probably not exist because our downtown would be by the sea (as much as I would love to see it there sometimes).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations