HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Aug 9, 2008, 11:26 PM
On Guard For Thee

I do go through life with a relatively collegial attitude--I'm not advocating we all go through life like it's Animal House--but I also expect people to be able to handle my ribbing. If adam is mature enough to participate in this Forum, I suspect he's mature enough not to run away crying if I ride him for his comments. Frankly speaking, suggesting you've never heard of head-on collisions is ridiculous--and thus was worthy of my ridicule. The MTO is spending millions of dollars to install the TallWall system on several 400-series highways because of years of people dying due to crossover accidents. I'm all for civility--you're preaching to the converted on that issue--again, when talking about highway safety, fatalities, injuries and insurance costs--I'm not certain how "civil" it is to mock it by comparing it to tunneling to prevent being hit by airplanes.

Heck, you people are always telling me to lighten up. Find a mirror.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 3:14 AM

I was searching google for an essex county message board that we could both join, but I can't find one. Anyway, its great to hear an outsider's point of view from time to time.

Last edited by adam; Aug 10, 2008 at 3:27 AM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 5:04 AM
On Guard For Thee

Hey adam--if you are interested I could make a few suggestions.

Firstly, there is a Windsor Forum here at SkyscraperPage which you can find at...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=96877&page=42

International Metropolis is another great site--tends to be focused on architectural and built-heritage in the Windsor area at...

internationalmetropolis.com

Lastly, DetroitYes is an outstanding site with hundreds of very active and involved posters. It is predominantly focused on SE Michigan, but it has reasonable representation on SW Ontario issues as well...

www.detroityes.com

Have a look at all three. Peace out.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 2:26 PM

I was being sarcastic, I don't have time to stick my nose in someone else's business. Take care dude.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 5:36 PM
On Guard For Thee

I was being sarcastic, I don't have time to stick my nose in someone else's business

Should I have asked your permission to post here, considering I'm an outsider? Should I book out now after two years, because after two months you think I'm sticking my nose in "someone else's business"?

Regardless, thanks for the clarification.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 5:39 PM
Closed account

Aw adam .

I don't often agree with fastcars, but I think he's knowledgeable about a number of things and makes alot of valuable contributions. It's nice that people outside the city are interested enough to join the conversation. I know we've got a few Toronto types. Who knows, maybe he'll find his way back to Hamilton one of these days.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 7:20 PM
Closed account

ya, I agree with highwater here.
Fastcars may not live here currently, but he has a better knowledge of local history than most on this board.
I wouldn't put him in the same category as some troll from another city showing up to annoy a local forum.
Sure, I recently questioned whether he has as good an understanding of what current-day Hamilton needs to prosper due to not being here, but I would never suggest that he is sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.
I've learned a lot of great info and nuggets of history from his posts.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 11:05 PM

Fastcarsfreedom, you can stick your nose anywhere you want.. I was just playing around with you to my own amusement... (sorry caught in the act!) I apologize for calling you fascarsfascism, that was TOTALLY inappropriate! I admire your collegial attitude, as you put it. Have a great weekend, friend.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 11:07 PM

Now that I look back in the posts, I never actually called you fastcarsfascism.. not sure where that came from.. oh well, its amazing what 2 year olds are saying these days!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 12:26 AM
Closed account

LOL!! That's a good one! You guys are on a roll. "Good typing skills for a 2 year old", "fastcarsfascism". Great lines.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 2:52 AM
On Guard For Thee

Fastcarsfascism? You know, I was briefly pissed at myself for missing that in your posts before you identified that you hadn't actually said it. It's a good one actually--and at least creative...the insults I take in on a daily basis rarely have that kind of thought or liguistic understanding put into them. Nonetheless, you may need to pay attention to the toggle between your outside and inside voices--something my co-workers frequently admonish me for.

Anyway, it's all good, case closed, peace out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs