HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

URL at Harborside I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 4:56 PM

I want JC to resemble Kowloon. NYC's ancillary skylines have always been so small (relatively), but JC will hopefully be adding the Journal Square supertalls eventually as well.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I want JC to resemble Kowloon. NYC's ancillary skylines have always been so small (relatively), but JC will hopefully be adding the Journal Square supertalls eventually as well.
if you have a taste for commieblocks

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
love the height and density, hate the renderings.
Exactly how I feel about these. That mismatched jagged boxes look is already looking dated.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 10:14 PM

Ill take this design over three boxes with blue glass.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 4:22 AM

These seem like great looking towers. The hate they are getting her is quite perplexing to me. Sometimes I feel like a narrative is established by a person in a thread and then everyone decides they want to join in thoughtlessly. I suspect people will be pleased if the materials are above average.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
These seem like great looking towers. The hate they are getting her is quite perplexing to me. Sometimes I feel like a narrative is established by a person in a thread and then everyone decides they want to join in thoughtlessly. I suspect people will be pleased if the materials are above average.
No, they're getting disliked because folk have different tastes. Personally I really dislike the recent trend for building mismatched boxes stacked on top. I cringe whenever a rendering for a building shows them. In my opinion the look will quickly become very dated, that it will not matter how good a quality the materials used are. Had nobody else on this thread mentioned a dislike, I still would have my tastes and posted my dislike of the look.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 2:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Just a matter of how they implement the design. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But it will look like either a stack of books, or a nice addition to the skyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post

Image via Mack Cali

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...ower-the-shard

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 12:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Maybe this is the one I was thinking about...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=126370

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Maybe this is the one I was thinking about...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=126370
The Koolhaas design is on a separate site, to the north, and is on hold.

My wild guess is that we get a big tower on that site relatively soon, but not by Koolhaas. His designs are very expensive to implement, and not really ideal for rentals (which is probably the most lucrative market in Jersey City right now).

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 2:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The Koolhaas design is on a separate site, to the north, and is on hold.
Yeah, the design is what came to mind when looking at the other towers.

Stacked cubes, but larger...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 5:51 AM

what if in the future jersey city looked liked manhattan

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 6:45 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
what if in the future jersey city looked liked manhattan
Just the Waterfront everything else would have a Jersey City feel to it.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 3:41 AM

Some new renderings
http://resources.mack-cali.com/pdf/d...Renderings.pdf

The base

The tower (obviuosly, not very good rendering, Iguess the final result will be better)

The Ground Floor of Phase 1

The terrace level of Phases 1 and 2

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 5:14 PM

It seems that just as the other three-tower development in JC, The Journal Square Towers, this one is also groundbreaking this year with the first tower

URL Harborside: Work to Begin This Year
http://www.globest.com/news/12_720/n...li-339013.html

Quote:
JERSEY CITY, NJ-TD Bank says in its Regional Multifamily Outlook that, while 2,000 new apartment units will open along New Jersey's waterfont in the next two years, steady deman for them is expected. That demand will mostly flow from New York City where demand is ever more voracious and land is scarce and more expensive to develop.

Mack-Cali CEO Mitchell E. Hersh said last week that his company plans to move forward quickly wth the first 763-unit tower for its URL Harborside project here, as reported in GlobeSt.com last week. The residential towers - three are planned - are a joint venture iwth Ironstate Development.
Quote:
JERSEY CITY, NJ-Ironstate Development Co. and Mack-Cali Realty Corp., whose residential project recently won $33 million in state tax credits, will begin work on the first phase of the project by the end of the year, GlobeSt.com has learned.

URL Harborside, the first phase of a project that will include three residential towers along the Jersey City waterfront, was awarded the credits under terms of the Economic Opportunity Act signed into law last month. The project is expected to create approximately 700 construction jobs.

The first-phase tower will be a 69-story building with 763 apartment units, built atop a parking pedestal.

An exact date for the groundbreaking has not yet been announced. URL Harborside (Urban Ready Living™) will ultimately include three residential rental towers, ancillary retail space, and parking. It adds a housing component to Mack-Cali’s Harborside, a “city within a city” office complex.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 8:42 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

WOW! Jersey City is on fire! It will be interesting to watch the towers rise and evolve based on the interesting design seen in their renders. To me, the design has the potential to be good - reminds me of 56 Leonard almost.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Oct 27, 2013, 1:06 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

Jeez what a weird looking project. Why not make something beautiful, why this stacked box design?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 1:58 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/01/14...artment-tower/

Less is more as work starts on New Jersey’s tallest apartment tower

By REW Staff
January 14, 2014

Quote:
Mack-Cali Realty Corporation and its joint venture partner, Ironstate Development Company, broke ground today (Tuesday) on a new type of residential tower: URL® Harborside.

URL, which stands for Urban Ready Living, is a direct response to demand for apartments that use less energy, provide more innovative spaces, and offer public areas that foster community.

URL® Harborside is a 69-story residential tower that will bring 763 rentals to Mack-Cali’s Harborside development on the Jersey City Waterfront.

Expected to be completed in mid-2016, the project will create hundreds of jobs in Jersey City, including construction and other full-time employment opportunities, according to the developer.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 8:45 PM
BANNED

Very messy. There are better rental buildings out there. See 388 Bridge Street

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 1:00 AM

Does anyone know the FAR of this development? What was the history that permitted them to be built?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2014, 1:29 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

yuck. Would rather they build the clock tower in mecca in JC then this.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive