HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 25, 2020, 2:39 PM
Hong Kong

Happy holidays from Hong Kong

Every Christmas, Hong Kong's major shopping malls splash out various types of seasonal decor. The theme differs every year and is a lot more elaborate than just a big Christmas tree. As a result of COVID, these decorations have been roped off from close contact, but it is still nice to view them from a safe distance wearing a mask. The malls are still crowded though, although restaurants cannot allow dine-in after 6pm so night-time is a better time to drop by for a visit.

Happy holidays!

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/hk-xmas2020.htm

Old Posted Dec 25, 2020, 7:20 PM

Merry Christmas from Delaware!

I love the lights on the Wing On Plaza! I also like the lights over the street in the pictures right after that.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post

I love the lights on the Wing On Plaza! I also like the lights over the street in the pictures right after that.
I agree, those suspended overhead light features are impressive.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 10:56 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
I agree, those suspended overhead light features are impressive.
Thanks for your comments. Those lights suspended above the street attracted incredible crowds and I wouldn't have known there was even a pandemic happening. It was a sea of people lining both sides, with photographers in mask capturing their models who would take off their mask for the shot. Tsim Sha Tsui East has traditionally been lit up building-by-building for decades and is a local's favourite hang-out around holiday season. A few buildings have gone high-tech this year with moving displays but I still prefer the old style neon light.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 5:23 AM
Hong Kong

Christmas is around the corner once again, our 2nd pandemic festive season. Let's see what the malls have come up with this year.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/hk-xmas2021.htm

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 3:45 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

this is fun to see -- thanks!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 4:30 PM

Of course, they've got the French stuff to fill stomachs just meters away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Le pain quotidien, 11m.
Plat du jour, 23m.
That's only a few steps to go.

Sometimes, it's kind of sinful, depending on what it's made of.

For instance, I've boycotted foie gras for years and convinced some of my relatives to do the same. My mom and my elder brother don't eat it any longer either. I showed them raw online videos of geese and ducks being tortured. My mom was easy to convince. But my brother had to spend a bit of time in Canada, then when he came back, we were finally on the same page in that matter.
We won't eat foie gras again, ever. It's nothing much outstanding anyway. It's just like butter made of animal fat. Nothing exceptional worth of torturing poor animals. It's a cultural sin with some Fr background; something traditionally consumed for the holidays and family events like birthdays and so on, so it's been quite something controversial. It won't be easy to get rid of it or related barbarity once and for all.

That said, merry Christmas, everyone. Stay encouraged, strong and fight hard against your sins.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 4:59 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

oh lo lo.

le pain quotidian is a bland belgium chain owned by belgians and new yorkers. they aren't doing too well these days.

plat du jour is or was a hk pacific place mall restaurant that seems to have closed unfortunately.

its just mall food lol, but i'd stick with the hk food!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
oh lo lo.

le pain quotidian is a bland belgium chain owned by belgians and new yorkers. they aren't doing too well these days.

plat du jour is or was a hk pacific place mall restaurant that seems to have closed unfortunately.

its just mall food lol, but i'd stick with the hk food!
You know what? I think you'd rather stick to your dick...
I'd be much amused seeing you kissing and sucking your own penis.
Would you do that for me? I swear it would be a sight to post on social media.

You anti-french freak... What happened to you? A Frenchman made love to the girl you fancied.
That sometimes happens. But it's not my fault, huh.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 5:31 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
You know what? I think you'd rather stick to your dick...
I'd be much amused seeing you kissing and sucking your own penis.
Would you do that for me? I swear it would be a sight to post on social media.

You anti-french freak... What happened to you? A Frenchman made love to the girl you fancied.
That sometimes happens. But it's not my fault, huh.

oh no, no, no mon perdu fiston.

mais oui, i eat french for dinner. like you. j'adore la cuisine francaise. tout le monde.

mais, sometimes you forget to take your pilule mon sensitive frere jacques, run to your armoire a pharmacie toot sweet.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 10:12 AM
Hong Kong

Hopping over to the island side to visit a few higher-end malls' displays :

IFC has an Orient Express-themed display, with a mock-up car depicting the journey from Paris to Constantinople.

Heading east to Causeway Bay's Times Square, the outdoor display has many selfie-friendly spots.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/hk-xmas2021b.htm

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 2:49 PM

I'm surprised the chinese authorities still allow Christmas displays, as God is the ultimate ruler and Jesus Christ is king, not Xi.

I don't think china will allow Christian parties and festivities for much longer. At the moment it's all fun and games, right?

I'm a Canadian, I love Hong Kong and have been there several times, but I can never return. No Canadians should ever go to HK or china, out of respect for human rights and out of fear for their own.

The two Micheals everyone knows were jailed for so long as pawns, lights on 24hours for 2 years in jail cells. Hwawei CFO Meng moved between her mansions. Then a political deal was made, Canadians miraculously released by china. So who's next, at any second?
Goodbye, Hong Kong. Goodbye....

OMG! Haha! I just realized-there are no depictions of Christian symbols- they're already gone! All the characters are bloated stupid bread-things or whatever. See. Be very afraid!

https://english.lematinal.media/huaw...l-institution/

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 2:56 PM

And thank god (haha) there are 2 police for every two pubic viewers!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 10:23 AM
Hong Kong

Many buildings in East Tsim Sha Tsui are lit up outside, with more technological displays facing the harbour in recent years.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/hk-xmas2021.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos