HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
They demolished the old stand alone leasing office at 601 CM in preparations for the Shornstein residential project. Having entitlements in hand made all the difference in the world because they seem to be moving quick by California (and Sacramento) standards.
Well I guess that is that for this property. I hope 10th and K happen at 15 floors and we stop building these sub-10 floor apartment buildings.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Where did you get this info?
From a very reliable source. I take back partly what I said. Its down to 3 equal towers, 4 equal towers or a 4 tower variation.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 6:03 PM

Non-soccer related news:

Sacramento exploring alternative to streetcar
https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...streetcar.html

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
Non-soccer related news:

Sacramento exploring alternative to streetcar
https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...streetcar.html
Well that is disappointing.

I don't think there is any way to more effectively use the money however for the purpose of inner city transport that is faster than light rail.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 3:48 PM

I’m not disappointed that the street car is not moving forward. It’s benefit to current residents of the central city was questionable. Shifting it into light-rail extensions is slightly better but it is won’t help much. I would rather have a cool looking bus system exclusive to the grid, with a very simple routes on priority lanes that takes passengers E-W Alhambra to DOCA/OldSac/Railyards and intersecting N-S route from Broadway north. One with an app and/or metro card use only so it’s prepaid before you get on. I’d also like them to move light rail off of K Street downtown, as they have talked about. The light rail stations there hurt businesses because of the noise, ugly and unattractive stations and type of people that hang around them off peak.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 4:01 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Cathedral Square Proposal

The Sacramento Business Journal is reporting that Anthem United has submitted plans for a 153 unit residential project on the corner of 11th and J.

I’m excited to see this parcel finally being developed and it will help with increasing pedestrian traffic and higher density in the downtown core. Anthem is new to this market and have built a lot of projects in the northwest so this is a good test project for Anthem in this market.

That property has been an eyesore for a long time so lets hope this gets off the ground before the next economic downturn.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 11:12 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
The Sacramento Business Journal is reporting that Anthem United has submitted plans for a 153 unit residential project on the corner of 11th and J.

I’m excited to see this parcel finally being developed and it will help with increasing pedestrian traffic and higher density in the downtown core. Anthem is new to this market and have built a lot of projects in the northwest so this is a good test project for Anthem in this market.

That property has been an eyesore for a long time so lets hope this gets off the ground before the next economic downturn.

Their website is almost 100% single family homes in places like Lincoln. Is this their first urban development?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 12:14 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Their website is almost 100% single family homes in places like Lincoln. Is this their first urban development?

They’re based in Canada. If there’s a local office they might also build single family homes.

Here’s some of their other urban projects.

On their site they have some press links about acquiring the 11th & J property.

https://anthemproperties.com/residential/

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 2:29 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 4:59 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:

Agreed!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 1:46 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Wasn't this supposed to be Saca's "Metropolitan"???

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 2:13 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactivity View Post
Wasn't this supposed to be Saca's "Metropolitan"???
No that is on the opposite side of J.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 7:11 PM

Quote:

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 2:10 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Majin,

You crack me up.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 12:43 AM

I'm beginning to think the Wells Fargo tower will be the tallest building in Sacramento forever. Jesus!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 3:06 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
I'm beginning to think the Wells Fargo tower will be the tallest building in Sacramento forever. Jesus!
This site was supposed to be a 25 story building. Was not too ambitious imho. Now we’re settling for a 6 story infill.

I work downtown and see what a shithole it is, so without creating a reason to be downtown, I think these kinds of projects are needed. But it just is depressing to see all of the prime spots used for these landscrapers.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 2:31 PM

Quote:
This site was supposed to be a 25 story building. Was not too ambitious imho. Now we’re settling for a 6 story infill.

I work downtown and see what a shithole it is, so without creating a reason to be downtown, I think these kinds of projects are needed. But it just is depressing to see all of the prime spots used for these landscrapers.
That's okay. With the railyards doubling the size of downtown there will be lots and lots of room for... ahem, more 6-story buildings!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 5:53 PM

Quote:
That's okay. With the railyards doubling the size of downtown there will be lots and lots of room for... ahem, more 6-story buildings!
*Oprah Voice*

You get a Texas Donut! And you get a Texas Donut! Every lot gets a Donut!

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 5:09 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

While I would certainly love to see some taller high quality towers built in Sacramento, I’m also happy to see increasing residential densities downtown, which will eventual help create a vibrant city center. Some of the most vibrant cities in the world were great places to live and work long before skyscrapers.

Residential skyscrapers will come only when the local market demands it (and lets face it, probably when San Francisco’s construction boom cools).

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 4:28 PM

Quote:
While I would certainly love to see some taller high quality towers built in Sacramento, I’m also happy to see increasing residential densities downtown, which will eventual help create a vibrant city center. Some of the most vibrant cities in the world were great places to live and work long before skyscrapers.

Residential skyscrapers will come only when the local market demands it (and lets face it, probably when San Francisco’s construction boom cools).
Probably when San Francisco falls off into the ocean. Then Sac well have beach-front property.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area