HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 5:26 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
If they want to do a CVS, then they should do it right, take the whole lot to the corner and put in an urban 3-4 story store. I saw a drug store like that in Nuremburg Germany last year. Really compact with multiple floors. They could give an entire floor to Sports World.
Well, they will basically have to, considering how shallow that lot is.

If they plan to have parking (it's CVS plus it's Chicago--so of course they will) it can only happen with multiple stories

Old Posted May 24, 2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Also, Joe Maddon's restaurant, called Maddon's Post, is open. Pizza, pasta, and pierogies
I wonder what happens if he's not back for 2020.

I was at Wrigley a few weeks ago for the first time in over a year. I missed a home game last season for the first time since probably 1993 or so.

I'm on board with most of the renovations, but some of it disappointed me. There are so many areas now to be in Wrigley Field that don't involve actually watching the game. I guess that's progress, but lot's of empty seats these days even at "full house" games.

I was sad to see the standing room areas behind the 200 level largely decimated. I spent most of my youth (the good years at least with Sammy) standing back there for a few bucks. The best seats in the park (Upper deck behind home plate) is now a private club. Bummer.

But the exterior of the ballpark is really stunning. Transforming the old Yum Yum lot into Gallagher Way is really nice. Too bad the skyline views have been blocked by the Addison/Clark development.

But the team is awesome and Wrigley Field looks like it has at least another 100 years in it.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 3:51 PM
You had me at herro...

What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
What ever happened to the movie theater that was supposed to move into Clark & Addison? I lived right there and was excited about it, but nothing on their webpage and no theater opened...
It just hasn't opened yet, they are still finishing up some of the retail spaces.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 6:18 PM

The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
Last time I toured the place in November the developers didn't make any mention of delays and the space seemed like it was still being actively worked on.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
The Cinemex CMX and Addison Park on Clark websites still say they are opening, but I'm not seeing any progress. I am really questioning if the theater is coming.

The Addison side of the project is leased up, though the UFC pre-sign up space will probably open up again when the gym opens. Clark street side is pretty bleak. Kilwins is opening soon, but Beerhead Bar has already closed and the the space where the food hall is supposed to be shows no activity, even though it was supposed to open in 2019.

I also heard that Cinemex is looking to hire a GM and AGM for the theater so it sounds like the project is still going forward.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 11:34 PM

Long time lurker

Wrigley has changed quite a bit. The density around the stadium is nice as is the updated stadium itself.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 12:22 AM
Leftist Correctist

Welcome aboard... nice gif

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 2:50 PM

this is great ^^^

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 7:32 PM

Nice change with Gallagher Way. Meanwhile there is a monotonous wall of mediocrity now lining Clark Street from Addison south. Bland uniformity compared to the visual diversity that existed before. I wish the older buildings had been incorporated into the development.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:40 PM

I've yet to venture down to the new Wrigleyville area and It looks pretty nice in pictures but man, seeing those old street views really makes me miss the old character. Lots of good memories there.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...wpost&t=230331

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:46 PM

Double post
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...wpost&t=230331

Last edited by rgarri4; Apr 2, 2020 at 1:46 PM. Reason: double post

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Nice change with Gallagher Way. Meanwhile there is a monotonous wall of mediocrity now lining Clark Street from Addison south. Bland uniformity compared to the visual diversity that existed before. I wish the older buildings had been incorporated into the development.
Agreed - The redevelopment north of Addison is so good, so pedestrian orriented and engaging and the absolute letdown south of Addison is a shocking disappointment. I mean this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's a literal failure of planning, architecture, public engagement and lease up. Just terrible. It's possibly worse than Block 37.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0 View Post
Agreed - The redevelopment north of Addison is so good, so pedestrian orriented and engaging and the absolute letdown south of Addison is a shocking disappointment. I mean this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's a literal failure of planning, architecture, public engagement and lease up. Just terrible. It's possibly worse than Block 37.
I'd say definitely. The pedestrian experience is so aggressively bad and in such an important cultural area for Chicago that it almost feels like it was built with malicious intent...

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 8:27 PM
પટેલ. કે ન

That's so fucking sad. I was a season ticket holder for years.
I used to go to those places. Goose Island and Mullens

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 10:31 PM
Leftist Correctist

If it was built like what the original renderings showed it wouldn't be so bad. It got VE murdered and we got stiffed.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 1:20 AM
BANNED

Extremely ugly area.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:

While rather bland along Clark it's a dramatic improvement along Addison which had all the pedestrian charm of walking through an abandoned industrial alley. Now people actually want to walk along the south side of Addison instead of actively avoiding it.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2020, 2:44 AM
Making Chicago Memorable.

Quote:
In 2010, I saw Alderman Tom Tunney at Ann Sather's and told him I thought the south development was terrible. He said we needed tax revenue during the day and not just at night and that it would attract other types of consumers. I found him patronizing. There was no community engagement. The project was on hold after the last recession and unfortunately was built just before the recession we are entering into.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development