HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 5:48 PM

Walked by last night and it was a very nice addition at the ground level. Busy, lit up, and inviting.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 8:30 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

I wish the building weren't so gray... because at least 9 months a year, Portland is quite gray ...but other than that, I'm loving this building. It's such a welcome addition to this part of town.

I hope the restaurants in it are successful. I lived in the Essex House years ago and was surprised by how quiet the neighborhood was after 6pm. I love seeing more life coming to sleepy sections of downtown.

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Portland’s New Swanky Rooftop Lounge Has 12 Dollar Tots and Even Pricier Views
Even the most diehard dive-bar devotees can appreciate the cooling sensation of a beet-and-vodka cocktail while the sun sets over real estate that’s only of your dreams.

Departure now has fierce competition in the swank rooftop lounge category.

Since opening last month on the 16th floor of the Porter Hotel, Xport Bar & Lounge (1355 SW 2nd Ave., 503-306-4800) has given Portlanders a solid backup for a space offering elevated cocktail consumption, both figurative and literal.

To that end, options are citrus-forward updates of modern standards with cheeky names that wink at a wealthy westsider's notion of "Portland." Lost Souls ($12) spikes a mellow gin, mint and cucumber base with green chartreuse and orange bitters, while the Beets Per Minute ($12) blends vodka, aquavit, lemon and beet shrub for a bright red concoction that should soon be essential summer sipping.
...continues at the Willamette Week.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 1:34 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

I know it's too soon to judge the restaurants in The Porter, but every time I've walked by, they've all been empty. I realize it's going to take time to build their businesses in a new location, and I wish them luck. It looks like they're going to need it, at least for a while.

I wonder how the hotel is doing. And I wonder how much the restaurants in The Porter are relying on hotel guests vs locals.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2020, 5:44 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland