HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 12:27 AM
It's Hammer Time

The Beach Club | ? | 3 fls | U/C

73 condo townhouses are currently under construction at the Hamilton Beach Community. It's situated on Beach Boulevard just south of the lift bridge. I noticed all the work has begun last week. I'll try and get some pictures next time.

About 95% of the units has already been sold out. They sold out very quickly, the starting price was $269,990. Expected to be completed by January, 2009.

http://www.beachclubliving.com/

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 12:50 AM

I wonder what makes these attractive? This is a part of Hamilton that I've noticed smells like burnt steel or sulphur. They're right beside the noisy QEW too.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 12:53 AM
It's Hammer Time

A lot of money has been put into the community. Tons of expensive renovations taking or took place. Property value shot up once the Beach Trail opened up. Since then everything started to improve.

I have another rendering for EXPENSIVE townhouse condos to replace the Dynes property.

This would be a good area to take a photo tour!

Guess you get used to the smell.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 12:59 AM
Closed account

its an awesome hood. great history, great breezes off the lake and the laid-back beach lifestyle at hutchs, lakeland pool, confederation park and the lake itself.
I love this area. I love all the reno's and new homes that are built to match the old style.
It's a great story for Hamilton.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 1:13 AM

For sound there appears to be "SOUND ATTENUATION FENCE/BERM"

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 3:27 AM
Pro Urban Degenerate

The beach is one of the best real estate investment areas in Hamilton. It would be nice to see a few 20 story plus condos built along that stretch.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
I wonder what makes these attractive? This is a part of Hamilton that I've noticed smells like burnt steel or sulphur. They're right beside the noisy QEW too.
Once they move in I'm guessing there will be lots of articles in The Spec about the smell, it will make my posts on The Smells of Hamilton thread look pathetic.

Watch it will be just like those who purchase homes at the end of an airport runway and complain about the airplane noise.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
Closed account

don't bet on it. There's already a huge population down there. Of course, they are involved in efforts to get the industry to clean up their act, but this isn't the first development down there by any means.
Go check it out sometime...it's a neat community.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 11:40 AM
Closed account

This is a great, friendly neighbourhood (for now anyway).
I was lucky enough to be able to use the Police College (old elementary school, forget the name now) as a practice facility for about 2 years.
I also know a young family that just bought a little cottage-style house right on the actual beach property. The neighbours seem like family there, it's so neat.

I'm sure those residents who opposed that trail are happy to see their RE values jump as high as they did once it finally opened.

New trail, new Lakeland Pool/splashpad, Lakeland Go Karts, Adventure Village Entertainment Complex, Confed Park/Wild Water Works, proposed shopping/dining village at Pier 28-29 (Fisherman's Pier), oh ya... and the fact that you live on the beach. Who wouldn't want a home here? Plus, if you're sick of the fish-carcass infested beach you can bike/walk over the lift bridge to Burlington's imported sand, daily groomed beach.

Last edited by DC83; Jul 9, 2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: wrong Pier #

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 1:16 PM
Closed account

actually, no need to head to Borington. Once you get a little north?? of Hutch's, Hamilton's beach is awesome. Cleaned with a sand machine and nice and soft right over to the lift bridge. I love going down there.
I wish they would do the same behind Hutch's and Confedration though. It's brutal there - all rocky and full of crap.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 1:20 PM
It's Hammer Time

Think the city will ever bury those hydro lines at Hamilton Beach?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 1:31 PM
Closed account

^^ Eventually. Especially with the amount of new residents moving in, you know they'll be complaining! haha

I also hope the City starts to import & groom the Hamilton beachfront too. It's in serious shape... that's why I step across the canal into Burlington... although their Beach Blvd is not nearly as gorgeously developped as ours.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 1:45 PM
Closed account

yea, they demolished their neighbourhood a few years ago. Hamilton definitely got it right on this one.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 5:16 PM

Sorry, this thing looks so cheesy (Florida theme in Hamilton?) and it's far away from everything. Good location for QEW commuters, that's about it.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 11:31 PM

This is definitely a unique community. If anyone has noticed a handful of restored ornate Victorian era homes, (down closer to the bridge), these were actual vacation homes for area people approximately a century ago. Of course there weren't many automobiles then and people unlike today couldn't drive hundreds of miles away to cottage country. There wasn't so much industry down there at the time, and the water was cleaner, at least people were swimming in it regularly. More houses were built in time and it became a regular neighbourhood to live in. In the 1970's or maybe sooner there were plans to demolish all the houses and turn it all into parkland, as they did on the Burlington side. In fact some were but local people started to fight to save their neighbourhood. The houses were better quality then those on the Burlington side, which were mostly little frame cottages. In time the city did change its plans on expropriating these homes and I guess saw it was a community worth saving and now we seem to have a nice balance between residential and recreational.
I would guess the uniqueness and features of this area offset the negatives for the residents, (industry, QEW were a given for many years now) but there were some unpleasant factors the residents had to put up with later. Examples the Bitumar plant, and years ago a company called Cleansoils which brought in contaminated soils and piled them in mounds off the service road, which they were apparently in the business of remedying these soils. They were just covered in tarps and were always blowing towards the homes. And the former Hamilton Harbour Commission, which was a federal government body, also was thinking of allowing an animal rendering plant. Now it's the Hamilton Port Authority under local jurisdiction and hopefully more sensitive to the area when it comes to development, I don't know.
I guess if it was like it was around there a century ago, prices would likely be out of this world.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
This is a great, friendly neighbourhood (for now anyway).
I was lucky enough to be able to use the Police College (old elementary school, forget the name now) as a practice facility for about 2 years.
Bell Cairn?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
Closed account

^^ You know it, brotha.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2008, 9:25 PM
It's Hammer Time

I have an ad here for Beach House from Branthaven Homes.

"Lakeside Townes Where Everyday Feels Like A Holiday......Exlcusively you from the $250's.

Coming ashore to Beach Boulevard this Fall - Register now!"

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton