HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 18, 2007, 12:04 AM
Only Mostly Dead

San Francisco: Southern FiDi (mostly)

Below is a collection of photos I've taken over the past couple of weeks. They are mostly in and around the southern end of the Financial District, except where otherwise noted.

Viewpoints where buildings layer one on top of each other are very appealing to me, and I've been trying to capture a variety of these recently. San Francisco's street grid gives ample opportunity for these views due to the way everything north of Market is aligned almost perfectly north/south and east/west, while everything south of Market is aligned at about a 45 degree angle to this.

Unfortunately, I'm just a hack using a snapshot camera, but hopefully some of these give a flavor of how cool some of these viewpoints can be.

Looking north up First St. from Mission toward Market:

Looking north up Anthony St. from Mission. That's the bottom of Pelli's JP Morgan Building on the right and you can see the top of BofA in the back. Sorry it's so blown out. Amateur.

Looking up Fremont from Mission toward Market:

A view from Mission toward Market near Main St. My brother calls 101 California (the roundish one in the back) the big beer can. I can see why, but I still like it.

Hobart and 44 Montgomery as seen from Mission looking up Second St:

The towers march north along Kearny. We're moving closer to the heart of the Financial District in the next few shots:

I've always liked the Shell Building:

Despite its stature (and perhaps because of it) this little building really stands out along Market:

Back to the southern end of the Financial District, this is looking north over the Transbay Terminal toward the under-construction Millennium Tower and 50 Fremont (on the left):

Looking north along First St., like the first picture but from a vantage point further south and three stories up:

Now we're looking almost due south at some of the buildings along the waterfront. One Rincon is rising in the background:

A wider view, just because I like seeing the water:

Another waterfront view:

Here, we're looking at the Financial District from the other side, seeing the northern end:

Looking back from the ferry, facing due south:

Goodbye from San Francisco (random shot that has nothing to do with the rest of the thread, but I wanted to post it):

Hope you enjoyed these. Thanks for viewing to the end!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Last edited by peanut gallery; Aug 18, 2007 at 8:15 AM. Reason: typos

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos