HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 1:56 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

The Saint John plan has been approved with a few adjustments. The rotating weekend street closures will now start July 11th and the first 3 weeks will see a shorter duration pilot (Saturdays 8-4 instead of Friday evening through Sunday morning). If all goes well, the full weekend closures will start up after the initial 3 weeks.

I find the watered down approach disappointing, but I understand they were getting pushback from certain businesses. I'm hopeful that this initiative sparks a wider conversation about taking certain streets back from vehicle traffic on a more permanent basis.

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 5:54 PM

I also took a drive on Main st heading west, I'm with you all. What a waste. This will do absolutely nothing to increase sidewalk patio dining for Freshie, Mexicala Rosa, Old Triangle, Starbucks and the rest of the shops on this side of the street.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 5:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
I also took a drive on Main st heading west, I'm with you all. What a waste. This will do absolutely nothing to increase sidewalk patio dining for Freshie, Mexicala Rosa, Old Triangle, Starbucks and the rest of the shops on this side of the street.
There's normally a hustle and bustle on Main Street from all the traffic. The only thing this has accomplished is making the street look abandoned..........

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces