HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 10:55 PM
Never Dell

If the towers are 40 stories, they'd better redo the renderings!

In fact, it looks like the scale of the images are wrong. Also the distant image in the article....like they expanded the scale by 50%. In the latest perspective, it looks like the block is maybe 2/3 the size of the actual block.

Wheter it's real or not, these images are placeholders. No architect had anything to do with them related to the Denver site. I suspect they're borrowed from another project.

Also, does denver allow buildings to cover the sidewalks?

In short, maybe they're trying to get a project going, but it's at the pretty-pictures-of-other-jobs stage.

Last edited by mhays; Apr 11, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
The Paradise Living website has also been updated with the new renderings, including this beauty.

http://paradiselivingdenver.com
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am literally in tears. The architecture is exactly what Denver so desperately needs, and these are condos. I believe this project will be the biggest catalyst to hit downtown Denver since Coors Field. STUNNING design, true high-rise living, and bringing serious density to the periphery of the CBD. Not an earth-toned color in sight. Love it!!!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 11:10 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

I agree that these are placeholder images that were rushed into service. The floor count doesn't match the renderings, some have palm trees others do not... lots of inconsistencies and oddities. Quite sloppy work really that no architect would produce as a final set of images for selling a project.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I am literally in tears. The architecture is exactly what Denver so desperately needs, and these are condos. I believe this project will be the biggest catalyst to hit downtown Denver since Coors Field. STUNNING design, true high-rise living, and bringing serious density to the periphery of the CBD. Not an earth-toned color in sight. Love it!!!
Final version will probably revert to beige stucco with small windows with thick, white vinyl frames to better blend in with nearby projects.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Sounds like you are referring to this project:

http://denverinfill.com/blog/2017/03...401-blake.html
Oh yup that's it haha, always assumed that was in Rino

Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
If the towers are 40 stories, they'd better redo the renderings!

In fact, it looks like the scale of the images are wrong. Also the distant image in the article....like they expanded the scale by 50%. In the latest perspective, it looks like the block is maybe 2/3 the size of the actual block.

Wheter it's real or not, these images are placeholders. No architect had anything to do with them related to the Denver site. I suspect they're borrowed from another project.

Also, does denver allow buildings to cover the sidewalks?

In short, maybe they're trying to get a project going, but it's at the pretty-pictures-of-other-jobs stage.
The Denver Post building hangs over a big portion of the sidewalk along Colfax.

Also, long time reader, first time poster.
I was just listening to 7 News here in Denver and they broadcasted a segment regarding these two 40 story condos on 19th and Arapahoe. Also published on their news page recently:

Miami developer planning 800-unit high rise condo project in downtown Denver
By Kurt Sevits at 12:53 PM 04/11/2017

DENVER – Plans are underway for a huge new residential development that would add hundreds of new condominium units to downtown Denver.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...owntown-denver

Now if only I can find out what's going on at 17th/California...

Cheers!

Last edited by JustinB; Apr 12, 2017 at 2:08 AM. Reason: Addition

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

That's an interesting location at 19th and Arapahoe. It will definitely supercharge the area. We could use a few of these buildings along Lincoln and 18/19th.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:16 AM

Regarding Renzi's past bankruptcy, the tail end of the CREJ article made me feel a little reassured. I don't know what it's like to be a filthy rich real estate developer guy, but apparently you can fall flat on your face, declare bankruptcy, then get right back up and start building skyscrapers again. Must be nice.

Quote:
For Renzi, 53, these towers would be a comeback story.

He amassed a vast real estate portfolio in Miami, but lost it in foreclosures and had to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Because of the experience, he said he has come out stronger and smarter.

“We all now the most important thing is knowledge,” Renzi said.

Things were so bad during the recession that his buildings could have been built out of gold and they still would have lost them, he said.

“In my case, I hadn’t done anything bad or dishonest, it was just the timing was bad and banks were going out of business,” Renzi said.

“Remember, everything started to go bad in 2007 and I held on quite a long time, until I had to let go until 2011,” Renzi said.

“If I could have held on for one more year, I would have recovered everything,” he said.

While it wasn’t any fun going through the foreclosures and bankruptcy, “in a funny way, it was all for the best. I believe everything happens for a reason.”

“To tell you the truth, if I hadn’t lost everything in Miami, I never would have come to Denver and have this opportunity.”
http://crej.com/news/condo-collosus-coming-downtown/

I don't know what to think about this. At first I was really skeptical – and for the most part I still am – but after reading these articles, I'm a bit less skeptical. Renzi seems to have an answer for everything including the construction defects issue and is able to provide a lot of specifics. According to the project website, the architecture firm they're working with is going to provide some finalized renderings soon. I guess we'll see...

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinB View Post
Also, long time reader, first time poster.
Welcome!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzdude View Post
We could use a few of these buildings along Lincoln and 18/19th.
Yes! I've long been fantasizing about a tower at the northeast corner of Broadway and 19th, specifically. The view up Glenarm from the Pavilions is pathetic and makes it look like the central business district is only 2 blocks across. Stick a tower right there on 19th between Broadway and Lincoln, and Glenarm gets book-ended nicely.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I agree that these are placeholder images that were rushed into service. The floor count doesn't match the renderings, some have palm trees others do not... lots of inconsistencies and oddities. Quite sloppy work really that no architect would produce as a final set of images for selling a project.
Even the previous, boxier renderings clearly developed for the site are around 30 floors and dont match the description. This all doesnt add up.

Although when you consider the Denver partner in the project produced this:

Maybe Rorys will give you confidence to overlook all the shoddy crap Renzi has done.

All the reputable developers who know the Denver market have not been able to make this work, but the sketch brah who was shamed out of Miami, brought his palm tree renderings with him, and chapter 9 to boot can overcome the problem.

I'll file this under 'even sketchier than the El Jebel Tower".

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 4:50 AM

And for a new Denver that actually has a chance of happening.......

RiDE at RiNo

Quote:
McWHINNEY will break ground this year on 84 micro-unit apartments at the corner of 36th and Wynkoop Streets in the RiNo district of Denver. The units will the boutique studio units designed for efficient living. Amenities will include onsite EV charging stations and convenient access to the A-Line Train at 38th and Blake.

http://mcwhinney.com/property/ride-at-rino/

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
And for a new Denver that actually has a chance of happening.......

RiDE at RiNo

http://mcwhinney.com/property/ride-at-rino/
Nice, not an outstanding design, but maybe it will look better in person. I really need to take a bike ride through the neighborhood and post some photos of the construction. It's a bit maddening right now. Source hotel is now a presence on Brighton, along with the Industry apartments. Brighton blvd reconstruction is well under way. The shell for Natural Grocers is done, along with the concrete floor inside. I am sure Collegiate Bank will be breaking ground any day on their stand-alone bank next to Natural Grocers. Catalyst is slowly making progress, along with some gas station expansion at the corner of 31st and Brighton. FLIGHT is topped off and the building exterior is being put on. Zeppelin Station has the steel structure 75% complete. Next door to that, the warehouse is being converted into a new neighborhood winery. Of course, this doesn't include anything east of the A-line, or the flood of proposals for the area......

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 6:05 PM

16th and Platte construction cam: https://app.oxblue.com/open/confluentdev/16platte

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 6:46 PM
ColoRADo

1901 Arapahoe isn't 40 floors. It's just a 400' height allowance. All indications peg the towers to be ~32 floors.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
1901 Arapahoe isn't 40 floors. It's just a 400' height allowance. All indications peg the towers to be ~32 floors.
It's maddening that there is a height allowance in this CBD location.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
I wonder why they are advertising as 40? Must be some Trump style floor counting.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 8:47 PM

Guys - I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but this condo project isn't happening.

First of all, Renzo does NOT have an equity partner in place and I know that with 100% certainty. For someone who "learned a great lesson" through bankruptcy, he is fugazing everyone saying this thing is going to break ground. They are looking for money just to TRY and pre-sale.

Second, read the article and it's obvious the amount of inconsistencies.They have no idea the process nor the construction litigation, they are just saying "we feel confident we'll be able to make it work".

All in all, I would LOVE to see a project like this get off the ground but knowing what I know, this thing is getting passed around like a football in RE circles trying to drum up equity. That is usually the first sign to a failed project.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
16th and Platte construction cam: https://app.oxblue.com/open/confluentdev/16platte
That's quite the de-watering and filtration setup they have going there...that had to cost a pretty penny
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
That's quite the de-watering and filtration setup they have going there...that had to cost a pretty penny

What exactly does that do? Is it for groundwater?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West