HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos

Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 8:40 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@taract_soulj@h View Post
Great shot!
You know if Halifax really got it together if it wanted to, you could have a very wide and impressive skyline (not that it isn't already) and especially from this angle. I'll be there in less than a months time so it'll be nice to check out different vantage points of downtown and the harbour if I can find any. Suggestions? I'll have more than enough time to explore the area over the week I'm there.
I lived in Hamilton for several years - a great place to live.

You could try taking the ferry across to Dartmouth (to see the Halifax skyline and harbour) and then return. There is a good view from Citadel Hill, although the Heritage Trust people are trying to ruin it with their obstructionism.

PS: virtualtourist.com has a list of tourist sites in Halifax that you can read about before hand - http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...ax-TG-C-1.html . Dalhousie University in the south end doesn't get mentioned much on tourist websites but it is a scenic part of Halifax (somewhat similar to the west end of Hamilton around McMaster University, except I think the South End of Halifax would be older)

Last edited by fenwick16; Jul 10, 2010 at 9:54 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos