HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 4:21 AM
Let's go Red Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
it's catching up mostly because of changes to the definition of the metro area as it added areas like Leamington, Essex, and Harrow to the metro area which weren't included before.
exactly. And windsor is still ranked 14th, same as 5 years ago.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k_pony View Post
exactly. And windsor is still ranked 14th, same as 5 years ago.
No, Windsor was ranked 16th 5 years ago with 329K people.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 2:34 PM

Looks like Tecumseh is getting in on the local condo boom. It’s nice to finally see some intensification going on in our inner suburbs, though Lasalle seems to be the leader locally.

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/condo-boo...mseh-1.5793125

Old Posted Feb 28, 2022, 6:46 PM

Surprised there hasn't been a post about this proposal on here yet. Two 21-storey towers at Elliott & Goyeau, 544 apartments, and, irritatingly, 548 parking spaces housed in above-grade parking:

https://windsorite.ca/2022/02/green-...ntown-windsor/

There's some blatant green-washing happening here but by the description there's potential for at least some incorporation of legitimate vegetation. It'll be interesting to see if this is feasible, especially considering the sky-high condo fees that would be associated with maintaining all of those plants. I have high doubts all tenants would take the same level of pride in their gardens which would ruin the building's harmony if they opted to not have a maintenance team. Guess we'll see where it goes, but I bet the plants are the first thing to go once this gets value engineered but hey, good for boosting community support in the early phases and for boosting architectural ambition in this city!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthshoreCity View Post
Surprised there hasn't been a post about this proposal on here yet. Two 21-storey towers at Elliott & Goyeau, 544 apartments, and, irritatingly, 548 parking spaces housed in above-grade parking:

https://windsorite.ca/2022/02/green-...ntown-windsor/

There's some blatant green-washing happening here but by the description there's potential for at least some incorporation of legitimate vegetation. It'll be interesting to see if this is feasible, especially considering the sky-high condo fees that would be associated with maintaining all of those plants. I have high doubts all tenants would take the same level of pride in their gardens which would ruin the building's harmony if they opted to not have a maintenance team. Guess we'll see where it goes, but I bet the plants are the first thing to go once this gets value engineered but hey, good for boosting community support in the early phases and for boosting architectural ambition in this city!
Yeah, with 588 parking spaces it's definitely a case of green washing! it would be nice to see council push for less parking in this type of building since it's downtown (and especially since there is the Food Basics right across the street). I suspect they will since they have done that in many other infill projects within the city, but we shall see!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 2:34 PM

This proposal was posted in the Windsor construction thread a few days ago.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 3:22 AM

theses sorts of towers are so incredibly unrealistic. ...these look like Chia pets.. ...here are some ugly towers just covered in fungus.. I don't get it. Alfalfa Towers they should be called.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 8:17 PM

With the completion of The Hive on Pelissier this spring and the same developers of that project, having another one (unnamed as of yet) planned for the parcel of land kiddy corner to the hive itself (wyandotte and victoria) , is it realistic to think that they'll actually get started right away as they claimed before?

Everything else seems to get publicity waaaaaaay to early and then we almost forget about it. BK Cornerstone is the one name I know is associated with the projects.

HD Development seems to be the only real movers and shakers that actually get to work on their projects at a good pace.

For the record... yes I'm absolutely bored AF at work lmao

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 12:29 PM

I was also wondering if they would begin construction after the Hive was completed. Hopefully we’ll hear more about it in the coming months.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 11:01 PM
Let's go Red Wings!

Have they started construction yet on that apartment tower at ouellette and Wyandotte?

Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k_pony View Post
Have they started construction yet on that apartment tower at ouellette and Wyandotte?
Not yet, I haven’t heard much about it for a while.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2022, 1:19 PM

Petretta Construction has shown and announced a couple projects getting underway.

The demolition work is half way done on the property on Wyandotte in the riverside area for a 5 story condo/apartment building and they also announced work should be getting underway on their 6 story building in LaSalle on front road at the old sunnyside tavern location

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 3:58 PM

Feds and province expected to announce $4B battery plant for Windsor

Amazing news for the region, with 3K direct jobs and many more spinoff jobs, the largest investment in the city’s History.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...-windsor-essex

Last edited by north 42; Mar 22, 2022 at 12:30 AM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 8:56 PM

Wow that's great. Windsors gonna explode. You guys need to start building some residential high-rises already. Long overdue.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Wow that's great. Windsors gonna explode. You guys need to start building some residential high-rises already. Long overdue.
Yeah, it is great news for the city for sure. We have a few proposals for some residential high-rises already, but I am expecting that there will be a lot more in the near future with the strong population growth that the area has seen, and the economic boost that this plant and its spin off jobs will provide.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 4:01 PM

Landing the Stellantis battery plant is a massive win for Windsor.

This is going to be huge regarding spinoff jobs, on top of the 3k new jobs that the plant itself will create. I suspect that the plant will likely be located somewhere in those remaining undeveloped areas in southeast Windsor near the 401 or E.C. Row since large, empty plots of land are hard to come by in the more established areas of the city.

Hopefully the city, province, and feds all see this as an opportunity to start investing in more infrastructure in Windsor to prepare it for what will likely be a new influx of people and businesses entering the region. Time to start working on the E.C. Row extensions/interchanges and Lauzon extension/interchange with the 401. I suspect a lot of these spin-off jobs are going to pop up in Tecumseh and southeast Windsor.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Mar 21, 2022, 4:15 PM

^ I agree, the expressway needs work. The problem is that the province has downloaded onto the municipality even though it's a regional road that is used every day by many residents of Tecumseh and LaSalle.

Huge, exciting news for Windsor landing this planet!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 4:59 PM

700 additional jobs are required at the Stellantis-LG EV battery plant, bringing the total amount of jobs to 3,200, and up to 14K to 16K jobs in total are expected with all of the spinoff jobs that will come with them.

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/700-addit...lant-1.5854769

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 1:06 PM

Great news as Stellantis announces $3.6B investment in Windsor and Brampton plants.

Windsor Assembly will get two new electric flex platforms usable for multiple models, and will also retain production of the Pacifica minivan lineup.

In addition, the company will add 650 R and D engineering jobs at the ARDC and build a 100,000 square foot lab dedicated to electric vehicle platform and battery research. It’s the company’s first such lab in North America. So lots of white collar jobs coming to the city along with the thousands of factory jobs.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...ontario-plants

Last edited by north 42; May 3, 2022 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 1:16 PM

Looks like the old City Grill downtown will now be Vito’s Pizza on Ouellette, bringing their brand from their Old Walkerville location. I noticed the new signage being put up in the windows the other day while I was walking by.

So DT will now have two new higher end pizzeria’s with Oven 360 opening a higher end, full service restaurant known as Oven 360 Ristorante, which is going into the recently renovated Ye Olde Steakhouse building on Chatham St. Overall, great news for the DT and it’s dining options.

http://www.windsorontarionews.com/wi...staurants.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario