HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Aug 18, 2008, 6:47 PM
mumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
Sorry, I figured the term general discussion meant just that. Could you give me the link for the current events thread as I looked and could not locate it since this topic can't compete here with eating kebab.
Here ya go, testdrive: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=155676.

The thread is now on page 29 or so.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 7:44 PM
Honored Member

there seems to be nothing to discuss about...is everything going that smooth nowadays or have I been missing something ??

Old Posted Mar 21, 2009, 6:28 AM
Kicking it Viking style..

^yeah it's going all right up here...

The birds have been arriving and so has the light and with spring just around the cornor my camera trigger finger have started to itch..

Other than that.. hmm.. Iceland's economy have seen better day.. but since they are old friends ( well more than that - our nations didn't part until the end of WW2 ) we desided to help them by getting them deeper in debt and send our airforce there to take control of their skies...

Now if we could only get them to pull some real riots we could send some ground troops and "liberate" them back into the Kingdom

Old Posted May 25, 2009, 7:39 PM
YIMBY co-founder

I miss Grumpy
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 9:40 AM
Registirred User

we all do

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 8:44 PM

Yeah

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 6:50 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Not much going on in here. So... anyone ever played any Paradox Interactive games? Hearts of Iron & Europa Universalis being their main titles. Or is it all SimCity in here?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Aug 29, 2009, 12:22 PM
(Go7SD)

I don't know if any of you are into trance but I'm a big fan of Tiesto who's hometown is in Breda, The Netherlands. I would like to see him in person playing at Sensation since I use to DJ myself. This song reminds me of my summer over there in 2002. From Amsterdam to Rotterdam to Sint-Oedenrode to Eindhoven. Since my daughter's relatives are from there I plan on returning again. While playing this song I can vision a video showing my KLM 747 flight landing once again at Amsterdam's Schiphol to begin yet another European adventure. I look forward to touring more countries. (may be I could pay Jan and Patrick B. another visit)

My official Netherlands theme song
Video Link

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 4:18 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Bought myself a co-op apartment today. Now waiting for the banks to do their bit and for the move-in date to happen. 7 weeks of waiting...

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 5:14 PM

Congrats man! Which floor? Do you have a good view of the city?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 9:33 PM
YIMBY co-founder

The elevator says it's the 6th floor, but counting from the street outside the window it's the 8th (oh, and there's 3-4 storey cliff beyond that street, plenty of openess). View fo the city? weeeell, some of the skyline is visible fro mthe kitchen, but most of the view is my 'burb. Not as boring as it might sound, plenty of construction over the next decade in that view.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 11:13 PM

^Congrets mate!

( house party at the next Stockholm meet? )

Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
The elevator says it's the 6th floor, but counting from the street outside the window it's the 8th (oh, and there's 3-4 storey cliff beyond that street, plenty of openess). View fo the city? weeeell, some of the skyline is visible fro mthe kitchen, but most of the view is my 'burb. Not as boring as it might sound, plenty of construction over the next decade in that view.
So you're still in Kista?

I also moved to a new appartement 3 months ago, I'm now smack in the middle of the city. My city is not that big though, but still loads of stuff to do.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 1:47 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I always forget SHiRO, what city is that again?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I always forget SHiRO, what city is that again?
Tilburg
City: 203,000
Metro: 460,000

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 9:28 AM
mumble

@swede: bravo! Good move.

I;m sure that you'll survive the intervening weeks, and I hope you'll be super happy with your new digs!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 9:59 AM
low life in a tall place

Congrats, Swede!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 9:29 PM
YIMBY co-founder

@SHiRO - yeah, still in Kista. Will have a great view of my suburb getting developed into something slightly more urban.

@all - gracias amigos

Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 4:43 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Well if you're on the 6th, or 8th floor, you are living in an urban setting by North American standards. A three storey building towers over everything else in Calgary's 'burbs.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
YIMBY co-founder

In Stockholm most people think of anything outside the older urban core as a suburb. Especially areas of either rowhouses/villas or modernist planning and concrete buildings (i.e. most of Stockholm).

Here's part of my 'burb (and parts of two more next to it). I can see my new kitchen window!

source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe