HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Doubtful, but who knows?

I will say I like the scale of the project. Fits in nicely.

I am also a little concerned with how much this is cannibalizing business away from P&M. Hopefully this lights a fire under the butts of the building owners at P&M to up their game.
I am glad. This is what it takes for property owners to invest. The next announcement to watch for is by Artis REIT.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
Maybe that's a way of getting some additional government support. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Federal money start to appear, supporting 'green' projects.
Trudeau's election promise. Green infrastructure.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:32 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Maybe that's a way of getting some additional government support. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Federal money start to appear, supporting 'green' projects.
Could be. Basically LEED is currently only gone after on government funded projects. But really, it's just a lot of money for a plaque at the front entrance of a building.

LEED is so 2010. No one cares anymore.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:33 PM

Despite not being extremely tall, the office tower looks huge in terms of overall floor space.

I don't get what the exterior is supposed to be... looks almost like frosted glazing or some such?

So it appears that south hotel tower is condo... will that be the forever unbuilt phase of the project?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
So what exactly are the 4 buildings for? The easternmost one on Hargrave appears to be office space, the northernmost one on Carlton appears to be the Sutton Place. What is the building at Carlton and St. Mary? What is the one that runs along Graham?
Carlton and St. Mary is the residential tower, as is the one along Graham.

A quick perusal of the website shows an opening target only listed for the office tower on Hargrave of 2018. No target for the rest.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:34 PM

Now more than ever I wish CTV would fill in that godawful 1st level parking at Graham and Carlton...

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Carlton and St. Mary is the residential tower, as is the one along Graham.

A quick perusal of the website shows an opening target only listed for the office tower on Hargrave of 2018. No target for the rest.
Oh oh...

I'd imagine that the hotel must be a go, at the very least? The condo towers must be a little iffy... surely both will not be built from the get-go?

Is the tower on Graham totally residential? If so, that could make it a bit of a longshot... this project would be half assed to the max if both of the towers on the former parking lot site don't get built.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Oh oh...

I'd imagine that the hotel must be a go, at the very least? The condo towers must be a little iffy... surely both will not be built from the get-go?

Is the tower on Graham totally residential? If so, that could make it a bit of a longshot... this project would be half assed to the max if both of the towers on the former parking lot site don't get built.
Graham tower is retail, under office, under residential. The majority looks to be proposed residential. They said hopes for 2019 on that one.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:38 PM

Quote:
So it appears that south hotel tower is condo... will that be the forever unbuilt phase of the project?
My money is on Building 2 (along Graham) as the 'missing piece.'

With a hotel partner in place and a lot of previous negative publicity around the hotel piece, I think that it pretty much has to get built, and the attached residential tower will come along with it.

The Graham residential seems a little more speculative, and there's nothing in the plan that really 'forces' it to be built.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:41 PM

Quote:
My money is on Building 2 (along Graham) as the 'missing piece.'

With a hotel partner in place and a lot of previous negative publicity around the hotel piece, I think that it pretty much has to get built, and the attached residential tower will come along with it.

The Graham residential seems a little more speculative, and there's nothing in the plan that really 'forces' it to be built.
Argh. I think you're right. Given that the east office building is only half leased and the downtown condo market is probably getting stretched to the max, it does seem that the north tower on Graham could be a long way off. Which is unfortunate given that it's the tallest... even if all but that tower were built, the absence of the tallest would gnaw at me.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Oh oh...

Looking at the excavation pictures, it looks like they may be footing the building at the same time as it's neighbour.

I can't see both condo towers getting built right away, unless this development and SkyCity (if built) create some kind of critical mass that all of the sudden changes how and where a lot of Winnipeggers want to live. Though this sounds speculative or pie-in-the-sky, it's not completely out to lunch. I've certainly had a much more positive reaction from people I encounter when I talk about living downtown that what I came across when I first started talking about it and that's less than 10 years.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:44 PM

Sutton Place residential would seem to be around 100 units (13 storeys x 8 units per floor). Not outrageous to get that one built.

The tall one seems to be the most questionable, as you guys have outlined.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:46 PM

Right now the excavation is below tower 2, the residential/office/retail one. So it would seem either the entire site will have two underground levels for parking. Or the parkade will only be adjacent to Graham, below tower 2.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:47 PM
Aspiring.

CTV reporter Cheryl Holmes has tweeted that Scotiabank is retaining the offices at P&M.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Sutton Place residential would seem to be around 100 units (13 storeys x 8 units per floor). Not outrageous to get that one built.

The tall one seems to be the most questionable, as you guys have outlined.
I'd hope that the Sutton Place condo would be deferred until later as it's less critical to the whole piece. If that one were never built it wouldn't matter as much... by contrast, the Graham building is integral.

Quote:
Right now the excavation is below tower 2, the residential/office/retail one. So it would seem either the entire site will have two underground levels for parking. Or the parkade will only be adjacent to Graham, below tower 2.
Yeah, so like Winnipeg Square... parking first, with building to come later. Unlike Winnipeg Square, hopefully it will actually come one day.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:49 PM

Some current building specs..

Number Of Floors: 17 (Podium levels 1-3)
Total Rentable (Tower): 296,776 sf
Total Rentable (Podium): 66,100 sf
Lobby Ceiling Height: 25'
Office Ceiling Height: 9’-6” typical clear ceiling height
Stairs designed to exceed code requirements
17th Floor Sky Garden

Con't more detail:
http://www.truenorthsquare.com/wp-co...ifications.pdf

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:49 PM

Lots of details our there today, but even more questions arise!!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldeyes View Post
CTV reporter Cheryl Holmes has tweeted that Scotiabank is retaining the offices at P&M.
Interesting... so not unlike RBC which has offices in the RBC Tower but also across the street in 201 Portage (RBC DS, as I recall).

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Some current building specs..

Number Of Floors: 17 (Podium levels 1-3)
Total Rentable (Tower): 296,776 sf
Total Rentable (Podium): 66,100 sf
Lobby Ceiling Height: 25'
Office Ceiling Height: 9’-6” typical clear ceiling height
Stairs designed to exceed code requirements
17th Floor Sky Garden

Con't more detail:
http://www.truenorthsquare.com/wp-co...ifications.pdf
So that is for tower 1 I believe.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:54 PM

Quote:
So that is for tower 1 I believe.
Yeah, it's the only building they have released details on as of this moment, I'm trying to grasp what's what at the moment..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan