HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 5:49 PM

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 5:49 PM

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 5:51 PM

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 11:41 AM

CB, thanks for the pics, but I'm not clear on what we're looking at?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
CB, thanks for the pics, but I'm not clear on what we're looking at?
The watermark development on the north side of Tempe town lake.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 9:02 PM

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 5:20 AM

Novus Progress:

looks like they're preserving two trees?

As you can see they're pretty much flat... however, I'm not sure if you can see in the pic but there's still a decent chunk of the course left to flatten towards Rio Solado and it seems as though they're pushing the corner towards McClintock as well. On the right you can see the extension of Dorsey being shaped out, if I'm not mistaken.

Also for dust concerns, they're actively watering as they dig.

And I just want to reiterate how MASSIVE this amount of land is... it's exciting to imagine what will come of it...

Also does anyone know what they're doing to University? They've been digging it up and closing one lane for the past couple of months and at first I thought it was sewage but now I'm not sure. I hope they're gonna repave it once all is said and done because it looks like a patchy mess currently.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
Novus Progress:

looks like they're preserving two trees?

As you can see they're pretty much flat... however, I'm not sure if you can see in the pic but there's still a decent chunk of the course left to flatten towards Rio Solado and it seems as though they're pushing the corner towards McClintock as well. On the right you can see the extension of Dorsey being shaped out, if I'm not mistaken.

Also for dust concerns, they're actively watering as they dig.

And I just want to reiterate how MASSIVE this amount of land is... it's exciting to imagine what will come of it...

Also does anyone know what they're doing to University? They've been digging it up and closing one lane for the past couple of months and at first I thought it was sewage but now I'm not sure. I hope they're gonna repave it once all is said and done because it looks like a patchy mess currently.
They've been doing this also on Apache sometimes closing the street at night using that same annoying spot light while they work. Some infrastructure upgrades?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 10:38 PM

The streetcar track is being installed on Apache blvd right now. On university close to rural they are doing wet utilities work for novus through the street.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 6:29 PM

Write-up of Hilo project on Mill, recently approved by City Council.

https://www.statepress.com/article/2...-professionals

Quote:
Tempe City Council unanimously approved the construction of a new development called Hilo Tempe that, unlike most housing projects in Tempe’s urban core, has 42% of its total residential units dedicated to co-living spaces...

Manjula Vaz, a Gammage & Burnham attorney representing Core Spaces, said at the Sept. 26 final Tempe City Council adoption hearing for Hilo Tempe that the building will only allow tenants who are 21 and older, and will allow co-signers as well.

Not allowing co-signers for tenants was an idea that members of city council brought up at the first hearing on Sept. 12. It was an idea proposed to ensure that current college students would not overrun the building and take away housing options from other Tempe residents...

Schell said in addition to sharing space, co-living spaces at Hilo Tempe will be all-inclusive, meaning utilities like internet are included in the price of rent...

Schell said that Hilo Tempe’s proximity to the Tempe streetcar, 142 bicycle parking spaces (compared to the building's over 50 parking spaces) and two spaces for car sharing services can help tenants afford to travel in Tempe without needing a car to get around.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 11:31 PM

^ That lot is full of staging equipment for The Westin. I wonder if they're planning to wait 18 months for The Westin to wrap up before they start construction.

Anyone have any info about SkyView? Been waiting awhile for that one and building permits have finally been issued...

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
^ That lot is full of staging equipment for The Westin. I wonder if they're planning to wait 18 months for The Westin to wrap up before they start construction.

Anyone have any info about SkyView? Been waiting awhile for that one and building permits have finally been issued...
Don't think the real project has a building permit. There was a building permit issued in August for that lot for a temporary power pole to provide power for the Tempe Crossroads student housing up the road on Terrace. I think that may be the source of the "building permit issued" on the Tempe Development Map.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post

The Developer who initially couldn't obtain funding for the project has started a joint venture to help fund SkyView. Look out for resubmittals probably middle of next year (2020) at the latest.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmodrak12 View Post
The Developer who initially couldn't obtain funding for the project has started a joint venture to help fund SkyView. Look out for resubmittals probably middle of next year (2020) at the latest.
Well that's a major development news we've all been waiting for!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:18 PM

Another Watermark Tenant!

Behind a paywall...

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...empe-will.html
Quote:
San Francisco-based Opendoor, which employs 250 people at its Scottsdale location, is vacating its offices at the Quad and moving to Tempe.

Plans call for growing to nearly 1,000 employees at the Watermark, which Los Angeles-based Fenix Development Inc. is building on the north side of Tempe Town Lake. The company will move into 100,000 square feet of space at the Watermark, 410 N. Scottsdale Road by May 2020, general manager for Opendoor, told the Business Journal.

Opendoor invented the so-called iBuyer platform that allows people to sell their homes online.

The new space is four times the size Opendoor currently leases at the Quad in Scottsdale. Taking three contiguous floors in Watermark, Opendoor will be the largest single tenant to sign a lease at the new development.

Plans call for growing to nearly 1,000 employees at the new offices.

"Today, we have 250 employees in the Valley, but by the time we move in the first or second quarter of next year, we will have about 500," Reiling said. "We fully expect to use every one of those square feet over the next two years, which will put us at 1,000 employees just in that building."

While it will cost more money to lease space at the new Class A building, it will be worth it, Reiling said.

"It is a major investment," he said. "It's a step up in terms of the cost per employees we're spending on the office space, but it is an investment that pays dividends. Our employees are our most important asset."

Opendoor has three years left on its 25,000-square-foot lease at the Quad in Scottsdale.

"We are exploring options on what to do with the current space," Reiling said. "Subleasing is an option or have the landlord take it back. We are still investigating that."

Many of Opendoor's employees live closer to the Watermark, which will slightly reduce their commute time.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:42 PM

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 6:03 PM

As of this morning, it looks as though Mirabella will top out either today or tomorrow The Oliv is quickly approaching its final height as well. Elevator core for the Westin is rising above grade too.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 7:32 PM

The Pier looks to have a lot more workers on site as of this week. I pass by everyday and usually there’s maybe 10 cars or so. Now it looks there’s about double. Also, it appears formwork for the elevator shaft is finally rising above ground level.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 10:48 PM

Whole Foods in Tempe downtown will open Nov 6th.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...en/3853663002/

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBar View Post
Whole Foods in Tempe will open Nov 6th.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...en/3853663002/
Part of the upper floors of this building are available for hotel suites type rental. They can be directly booked from the company https://www.sonder.com which has leased those units or from travel portals like Expedia, hotels.com etc. This adds another hotel type element to downtown Tempe.

A slightly different model is Stay Alfred that also rents apartments by night in the SALT building on Rio Salado. (It is the building to the immediate east of Bridgeview Condo.)

Both Stay Alfred and Sonder have different models than airbnb.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest