HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Anyone notice how both the previously approved Daybreak Apartments and the Eastline Village are going thru entitlements again (along with the Farmer offices previously discussed). The Eastline Village has a crazy new site plan so I am eager to see the whole package. I notice how the Daybreak apartments changed the design as well as appears to add retail...wish it was taller! I am just suspicious if all these developers are hitting the snooze button since the zoning change/ approved PAD only last for 2-3 years before the zoning reverts.
Finally took a look at the new Eastline Village picture. Pretty drastic change:

It looks like a little village of garden apartments, with some street-fronting retail on Apache? I really liked the previous proposal with the central retail court. Can't say I initially love the look of this, but I'll withhold judgment until the full proposal comes out. And I will say that it looks like they finally assembled the full area, which is good, I believe the previous proposal had some blank areas where they hadn't acquired the land. And at this point I'd take about anything decent there--that's by far the worst portion of Apache.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post

It looks like a little village of garden apartments, with some street-fronting retail on Apache? I really liked the previous proposal with the central retail court. Can't say I initially love the look of this, but I'll withhold judgment until the full proposal comes out. And I will say that it looks like they finally assembled the full area, which is good, I believe the previous proposal had some blank areas where they hadn't acquired the land. And at this point I'd take about anything decent there--that's by far the worst portion of Apache.
Where is this going? It looks like a dungeons and dragons map or a slum

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Where is this going? It looks like a dungeons and dragons map or a slum
Roughly on the south side of Apache, between River and Smith roads (which are between McClintock and the 101). Yeah it is not a very clear site plan.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 12:47 AM

A picture of the Westin site from 2nd floor of the Brickyard taken on 4/3/2019.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 5:24 PM

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 5:34 PM

Will be interesting to watch how this and the Derby litigation play out now that both are asserting Gift Clause claims under the AZ constitution. Both are led by idealogical plaintiffs so are likely to go to the merits of the cases and not settle. Could have a big event on cities' ability to encourage development.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 5:53 PM

Eastline

Quote:
Roughly on the south side of Apache, between River and Smith roads (which are between McClintock and the 101). Yeah it is not a very clear site plan.
This is the project?

http://www.orionprop.com/topfive/dmb...-use-in-tempe/

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asugrad View Post
Yes, that was the proposal that was entitled in 2016. We'll see what the new proposal entails, but the picture posted above from the Tempe development map looks like a pretty substantial revision.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Will be interesting to watch how this and the Derby litigation play out now that both are asserting Gift Clause claims under the AZ constitution. Both are led by idealogical plaintiffs so are likely to go to the merits of the cases and not settle. Could have a big event on cities' ability to encourage development.
Im really surprised the state is trying to go to war with ASU, with all of the Economic activity ASU has brought over the years it seems strange for the AG to even bother.

Somebody at ASU pissed off somebody In the Capitol.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...tate-gift.html

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 9:32 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Hyatt at Novus construction site. There is also an area fenced by Rural and University with a few construction equipment.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 9:36 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 9:37 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 4:23 PM

https://100milltempe.com

The one hundred mill website added some new pictures about the building, video, brochure, and building information.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
https://100milltempe.com

The one hundred mill website added some new pictures about the building, video, brochure, and building information.
Thanks for this and your pics!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 8:56 PM
Skyriser

Quote:

I wouldn't say it's a "little" village ... this is, by land area at least, the largest single project I'm aware of in the Phoenix area pipeline.

The plans from DRC showed a multiphase development with big 7 story buildings on Apache with large surface lots in back flanked by the gritty single story garbage that was originally not a part. I bet the other major property owner relented rather than be in the shadows of this for years on end.

I wouldn't also call these a traditional garden apartment complex, I'm struggling with the site plan but it seems the vast majority of parking on the blocks is underground.

And it's probably for the best anyways, while I like these big projects the market is saturated with them and a thoughtful, leafy 3 or 4-story scale plan built around what could be a new urbanist neighborhood would be a dream come true there rather than more large monoliths. Another thing is that it's better land use with fire code--if you're going to need the lanes anyway, make use of them.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 9:27 PM
Skyriser

If 100 Mill plans on delivering 4Q 2020 they better start quick.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 8:47 PM

FYI: McFate brewery is doing a huge remodel of an old commercial building just west of the main branch of the Tempe Post Office at Southern and College.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul7J6wlHoV/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I wouldn't say it's a "little" village ... this is, by land area at least, the largest single project I'm aware of in the Phoenix area pipeline.

The plans from DRC showed a multiphase development with big 7 story buildings on Apache with large surface lots in back flanked by the gritty single story garbage that was originally not a part. I bet the other major property owner relented rather than be in the shadows of this for years on end.

I wouldn't also call these a traditional garden apartment complex, I'm struggling with the site plan but it seems the vast majority of parking on the blocks is underground.

And it's probably for the best anyways, while I like these big projects the market is saturated with them and a thoughtful, leafy 3 or 4-story scale plan built around what could be a new urbanist neighborhood would be a dream come true there rather than more large monoliths. Another thing is that it's better land use with fire code--if you're going to need the lanes anyway, make use of them.
All good points. Yes, if done well, it could be a pretty cool new neighborhood basically from whole cloth, and a nice alternative to the standard-issue 4-6 story apartment buildings going up everywhere.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 5:54 PM

Development on Mill and 7th st corner

Come to find out the developer that is building the collective on 7th st also owns the land on the other side of the Westin site, right on the corner of mill and 7th street. They are planning on a 9-12 story complex with similar looks to the optima in Scottsdale.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmodrak12 View Post
Come to find out the developer that is building the collective on 7th st also owns the land on the other side of the Westin site, right on the corner of mill and 7th street. They are planning on a 9-12 story complex with similar looks to the optima in Scottsdale.
This would be pretty cool. Where did you see/hear this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest