HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 11:26 PM

Mapping the Development of New York City

Good evening,

Over the past few months, I have begun to work on a project that seeks to map and stratify New York City's development boom into several categories via Google Map's "My Maps" feature. "My Maps" uses polygons that are applied as an overlay on the Google Maps map. Through the use of color, new developments, existing structures, renovated homes/buildings, educational institutions, religious institutions, and public institutions/government institutions have been explicitly demarcated. In the description section, I add information pertaining to the development and other extraneous photos related to its design (both interior and exterior). Creating the map has been a lot of fun, and it's nowhere near completion; it can also be used as a tool to see development around the city or in your neighborhood.

I am writing to see if anybody would like to express their interest in contributing to this project. It is to my belief that there does not exist one comparable to it. Please let me know if you're interested and we can cooperate on this endeavor.

Images of the work can be accessed at the following:

https://imgur.com/a/11rdzFy

Thank you,
Doctqr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions