HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 3:15 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXFrank View Post
I like that dirty shot look, no filter on the pic, Classic New York blend of old and new that no other city in the world except Chicago offers. I hope this pandemic doesn’t slow its growth
Agreed. Something about a smoggy skyline shot just does it for me. Nostalgia? I don't know...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 3:53 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Agreed. Something about a smoggy skyline shot just does it for me. Nostalgia? I don't know...

oh please. no. i know what you mean, but its a trigger for me. grew up in steel plant smoggy cleveland (and olde ny a bit). i have no nostalgia for that that kind of thing.

you are sentenced to 15min of looking at smoggy beijing pics while you are coronavoiding.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2020, 8:33 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 22, 2020 at 8:49 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2020, 5:56 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 8:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 12:30 AM

In my latest video from today One Vandy here is shown: BY QUEENSNY121:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkXbUe1YVI

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 11:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 11:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 12:29 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 3:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 3:55 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Views are going to be epic from that observation deck.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 6:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Looks like it'll be a while longer before we get that spire back. Not unexpected...

https://therealdeal.com/2020/03/27/n...-construction/

New York halts most construction
Only transit, hospital and affordable housing will continue

March 27, 2020
By Kathryn Brenzel and Sylvia Varnham O’Regan

Quote:
After facing pressure from city officials and workers, the state is shutting down all construction except work on infrastructure, healthcare facilities and affordable housing.

The Empire State Development Corp. updated its guidelines Friday, saying only work on “roads, bridges, transit facilities, utilities, hospitals or health care facilities, affordable housing, and homeless shelters” will be considered essential.

The qualification is a dramatic change from the blanket exemption included in an executive order Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed last week. Under the order, employees of all non-essential businesses are prohibited from reporting to work. Now, workers on condo and commercial sites will need to stay home, unless there is emergency construction that needs to be done, i.e. work that would endanger the public if left unfinished.

Those who violate the new rules could face fines of up to $10,000.

The move comes after city officials called for a stop to all non-essential construction, arguing that workers were needlessly imperiled on some sites. Earlier this week, Mayor Bill de Blasio questioned making condo construction a priority. The governor indicated Thursday that he was considering a change to what is considered essential construction.
Quote:
Some sites, including part of LaGuardia Airport and Moynihan Train Hall, have temporarily stalled work due to sick workers. SL Green Realty confirmed that one worker at One Vanderbilt had tested positive for Covid-19 Thursday but had self-quarantined since March 14. The case did not shut down work on the office tower.

Related Companies’ 50 Hudson Yards also had a worker with Covid-19, according to multiple construction professionals, though the company did not return multiple messages seeking comment on how the situation was handled.
Quote:
As the pandemic intensified in New York City, construction work at several luxury condominiums continued, raising questions about whether the work should be considered “essential.”

In a statement March 18, a spokesperson for the developers behind 200 Amsterdam Avenue — a luxury 52-story tower embroiled in litigation and facing possible deconstruction — defended the decision to continue work at the site.

“We are carefully following New York State and City guidelines and will continue to prioritize health and safety precautions on site while construction work is permitted in New York City,” they said.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 8:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 27, 2020 at 8:44 PM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 12:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 28, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 4:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Alan Carter

Old Posted Mar 29, 2020, 12:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 29, 2020 at 1:22 AM.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 3:02 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

a shame the work stopped. i found seeing construction work a comforting sign of normalcy. i guess it has to be for awhile though, too bad.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 1:03 PM

Pretty shocking ESB is clearly open in the above picture.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 1:55 PM
Astorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
Pretty shocking ESB is clearly open in the above picture.

You can put your coat back in your closet.

The ESB is closed and has been for about 2 weeks.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 3:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 30, 2020 at 3:51 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive