HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 8, 2005, 11:43 PM

Exclamation What's the deal with LA Live?

Okay, if “groundbreaking” for LA Live is only 4 months away... shouldn't AEG have already released better renditions of the project instead of the “cartoon” like pictures we have been subject to? I mean, I still don’t know how this new hotel/condo tower will look like? What architectural elements will it have other than Kobe Bryant plastered on the side? How is this image projected onto the tower? Or is it part of the tower? Have they announced the architect?

Isn’t this something that they should have nailed down by now and provided to the public? I mean, Grand Ave, as slow as they are, have provided more details and “hoopla” over their project to the public and they are over 1 year from breaking ground. (yes I know that that particular project is a city and county owned venture, whereas AEG’s project is private… but come on!)

I want to see more news, better architect renderings, and quality images/photos of how the new 55-story tower will look in downtown. It would be cool if they could be more energized over the project and share more information with the public (i.e. status updates, new pictures, announced retailers, eaters, etc.)… I mean eventually it is the public that will attend and patronize the businesses throughout.

Anyway, I guess we have to settle with what we have until we get something better….

Images courtesy of LAB:

Nokia Theater

Nokia Theater breakdown

Hilton Hotel again

Hotel breakdown

Restaurants, pedestrian-friendly, night-life haven

Grammys may build "Music Museum"

LA Live!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West