HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Yea the projection I saw was 150 non sports related events a year by year 3. And no idea if there are concrete plans for this, or if it was just something that was being considered, but schedule projections also included a new Philadelphia sports team that would occupy 20-30 dates a year.

So sitting empty 300 nights year as Justin7 predicted is very much out of line with what they expect. The new arena would have something going more often than not even by their most pessimistic projections.
Not a prediction, just a hypothetical. I'm trying to find an accurate number. 150 non-sports events would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
A lot apparently. In 2018 the Wells Fargo center was the 7th busiest arena in the world (4th in NA).

Obviously they won't have the Flyers/Soul games but a center city arena would be first in line for everything else.
"In 2018, the Philadelphia sports and entertainment venue hosted a record number events, including: 51 concerts, six WWE events, highlighted by a sold-out Royal Rumble weekend, and a 22-show Disney on Ice run. Impressively, the Wells Fargo Center remained open throughout phase III of an extensive multi-year redesign, hosting a grand total of 2.6 million fans when you factor in attendance for events featuring the Philadelphia Flyers, 76ers, Soul and Villanova basketball."

I'm unable to find more than a couple dozen concerts for any year. Is there a list of those 51 concerts somewhere?

Yeah, the Soul are dead, and though The Wings are a thing now, they wouldn't leave the Wells Fargo Center. I'd expect WWE events to stay there as well and I'm not sure a more urban arena would have any upper hand on something like Disney on Ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Not by as much as you'd think. Areas do a lot more than the marque events (major sports and concerts). It's strange times, but Wells Fargo is hosting Jurassic Quest currently, but otherwise, there are season ticket holder and corporate/university events, career fairs and more. There's a lot.
Jurassic Quest is drive-thru event due to Covid, but it doesn't look like something that would normally be an arena show.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 2:14 PM

Architecture vs. sports

I thought this was a highrise development thread? Can we get back to the subject at hand and maybe talk about sports somewhere else?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:21 PM

^ Apparently there can be no moderation without moderation.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 1:18 AM

^^^

nothing stopping anybody from talking about buildings, but there doesn't seem much kicking around. Plus, a new thread for any proposed building gets started like right away fast as soon as a site is announced, even if it very wishful thinking. Hey, we could talk about taxes or how great it would be if the ACC building got restarted.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^ Apparently there can be no moderation without moderation.
To be expected, after all, BAD things happen in Philadelphia

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Any plan that gets rid of the Gallery is fine by me.
The Gallery is already ancient history!!!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Maybe they could put a few ACCs up on the waterfront? A row of five would look pretty good.
If that's the case, then we'll just allow San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Jose, San Diego, Austin, and maybe even Jacksonville surpass us in population and Philadelphia gets knocked out of the Top 10 biggest American cities. Fair enough? At least we have world class universities and colleges in our area.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 3:24 PM

CDR Submissions for October are up!

No highrises, but a good amount of mid-rise mixed-use developments throughout the city. Link here:
https://www.phila.gov/documents/civi...ing-materials/

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 5:36 PM

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 8:54 PM

14-Story, 280-Unit Building Proposed in Northern Liberties

Looks like permits were pulled for a 14 story building near the intersection of Hancock and Germantown Ave in Northern Liberties. You can add yet another project to everything going on in the vicinity of 2nd and Girard!

Read more at: http://www.rising.realestate/14-stor...ern-liberties/

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
14-Story, 280-Unit Building Proposed in Northern Liberties

Looks like permits were pulled for a 14 story building near the intersection of Hancock and Germantown Ave in Northern Liberties. You can add yet another project to everything going on in the vicinity of 2nd and Girard!

Read more at: http://www.rising.realestate/14-stor...ern-liberties/
1021 North Hancock

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 3:35 AM

Thanks for the threads McGrath! Man, that entire area is on fire. Outside of Center City and University City, the trio of Northern Liberties, Fishtown and Olde Kensington is certainly the most intriguing area of the city for new construction.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Thanks for the threads McGrath! Man, that entire area is on fire. Outside of Center City and University City, the trio of Northern Liberties, Fishtown and Olde Kensington is certainly the most intriguing area of the city for new construction.
Seriously, in particular the 2-3 blocks off Girard right by the El station.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 7:18 PM

Hey, I know this is slightly off topic, but bear with me.

I was going through the Canceled Projects Archive (something that I recommend all of you do in your spare time) trying to find a specific project, but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone remember the apartment tower proposal for the Parkway lot at 13th and Locust? Anyone have a picture?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Does anyone remember the apartment tower proposal for the Parkway lot at 13th and Locust? Anyone have a picture?
I remember that. Can't seem to find anything either, on this thread or even just on google. I remember it was a nice looking apartment tower.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 1:11 PM

Remember it, but can't find anything either.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 1:56 PM

Quote:
CDR Submissions for October are up!

No highrises, but a good amount of mid-rise mixed-use developments throughout the city. Link here:
https://www.phila.gov/documents/civi...ing-materials/
I like that development off Scotts Lane in East Falls, that overgrown parking lot is wasted potential.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Hey, I know this is slightly off topic, but bear with me.

I was going through the Canceled Projects Archive (something that I recommend all of you do in your spare time) trying to find a specific project, but I couldn't find it.

Literally no clue what happened to the thread. I looked everywhere for it. Here's the building from the architects website though... the architect was ISA:

http://www.is-architects.com/microphila

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Literally no clue what happened to the thread. I looked everywhere for it. Here's the building from the architects website though... the architect was ISA:

http://www.is-architects.com/microphila
Thanks, Summers.

I like the design but I think anything built on that lot < 350 ft would be a waste of space.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Summers.

I like the design but I think anything built on that lot < 350 ft would be a waste of space.
I realize there is a lot of uncertainty in the market, but I'm surprised no one has tried to build an office building there. It's right above a PATCO station.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations