HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 3:36 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Sure, if you ignore what's already approved for Lincoln Yards.
i don't see LY as a development that is "pushing out from downtown", but rather its own point of origin up on the northside.

i mean, if we just want to be needlessly pedantic about things, 5415 N sheridan (park tower condos) is at 1000 W, and has been standing there at 513' tall since 1973.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Dec 20, 2019 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
i don't see LY as a development that is "pushing out from downtown", but rather its own point of origin up on the northside.

i mean, if we just want to be needlessly pedantic about things, 5415 N sheridan (park tower condos) is at 1000 W, and has been standing there at 513' tall since 1973.
An excellent reminder of just how prolific post-depression economic expansions can be. Think of the skyline growth from 1950-1975. We could be 10 years into a cycle like that with another 10-15 coming...

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 5:10 PM

Bring on the new Roaring 20's.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

Not only that, but I thought it obvious you meant in the West Loop, where it has (had?) been notoriously difficult to build anything tall.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2019, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Also there are no specific towers proposed for LY yet. Just vague planning guidelines. Talk to me when Sterling Bay announces the first proposed tower.
phase 1 was already approved by the plan commission and city council during rahms last few months. 2 buildings at once

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 1:23 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Only thing that kinda blows about this project is that I just realized the location happens to be exactly where one of my favorite breweries is, that being Cruz Blanca! Other than that issue, I think it's a great development for the West Loop!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
Only thing that kinda blows about this project is that I just realized the location happens to be exactly where one of my favorite breweries is, that being Cruz Blanca! Other than that issue, I think it's a great development for the West Loop!

Aaron (Glowrock)
Wait. The plan is to tear down all the buildings on that block?! I assumed they were going build behind them, on Peoria.

Edit: according this this map, those buildings along Randolph are part of the historic designation: https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/...Map_FINAL2.pdf

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoSeclorum View Post
Wait. The plan is to tear down all the buildings on that block?! I assumed they were going build behind them, on Peoria.

Edit: according this this map, those buildings along Randolph are part of the historic designation: https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/...Map_FINAL2.pdf
Yea, I believe someone up-thread clarified that this building's base will take up most of the block but be built around those buildings.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Bring on the new Roaring 20's.

*Soaring*

?

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 8:35 PM

Any updates for this site?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCres View Post
Any updates for this site?
Bump

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upupaway007 View Post
Bump
They're still working on securing financing. Potentially pursuing public sector financing in exchange for supplying affordable units on site.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 6:10 PM

What exactly is "public sector financing" again? I skipped that day of class. I'm sure it's a joke but I am all ears.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk66 View Post
What exactly is "public sector financing" again? I skipped that day of class. I'm sure it's a joke but I am all ears.
This is a little out of date, but sort of gets to the point of what developers could potentially do in the near future- basically supplying 20% affordable for a property tax break. If/when this happens (in whatever form), then they'll *likely* be looking for financing for the affordable part.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/greg...incentive-plan

Quote:
As now written, the bill would entitle any developer who builds or substantially rehabs a structure with at least six units to enter a program in which taxes on the new structure would be held at the pre-construction rate for two years. The break would drop an additional 20 percent every two years until hitting zero after 10 years.

In exchange, the developer would have to offer rents on at least 20 percent of the building’s units at rates affordable to tenants with a household income no more than 60 percent of the area median. That’s roughly $41,242 in metropolitan Chicago, according to U.S. Census data.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 8:45 PM

^^ Thanks ChiPlanner. Consider myself learned. I suppose that's a good effort.

Carry on.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 12:22 AM
Small but Mighty

This goes with my post from 725 W Randolph, but from what I heard at Related they plan to start construction on 900 W Randolph first, according to my source "within the next 2-3 months." Take this with a grain of salt of course, but it seemed to me like of the two major West Loop projects, this is the one that will be built first.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Tree View Post
This goes with my post from 725 W Randolph, but from what I heard at Related they plan to start construction on 900 W Randolph first, according to my source "within the next 2-3 months." Take this with a grain of salt of course, but it seemed to me like of the two major West Loop projects, this is the one that will be built first.
Can say with confidence it'll be no sooner than Q3

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 4:59 AM
Small but Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiPlanner View Post
Can say with confidence it'll be no sooner than Q3
Maybe I misspoke when I "within," I meant to say after the next 2-3 months. (which lines up pretty closely with q3). Either way, the more important thing is that this will start before 725 Randolph.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 3:37 PM

I guess that makes sense, given that 725 is a "lifestyle" hotel and apartment project predicated on people wanting to cram into a fancy fitness club.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
I guess that makes sense, given that 725 is a "lifestyle" hotel and apartment project predicated on people wanting to cram into a fancy fitness club.
Equinox got fucked hard by covid. Everyone I knew who worked for Related/Equinox got laid off.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction