HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

Spirit Halloween will be returning to SJ this year! Stay tuned!

(Source: https://www.facebook.com/SpiritHallo...type=3&theater)

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 11:57 AM

I posted this in the wrong thread...

I didn't snap a photo, but there's a new A&W under construction on the Westside, they're just starting the digging for foundations and it's on the corner of Fairville/Catherwood st, in front of the Lawtons building

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_ExistsToo View Post
I posted this in the wrong thread...

I didn't snap a photo, but there's a new A&W under construction on the Westside, they're just starting the digging for foundations and it's on the corner of Fairville/Catherwood st, in front of the Lawtons building

This will be part of Lancaster Mall (according to their site plan online). It will be a 8,800 strip mall building with potential for 2 drive-through units. Presumably A&W will be one of the two potential drive-through units.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 5:30 PM

Work has also been underway on the new Mr Lube on Fairville Boulevard. The foundation has been poured. Nice to see the West Side expanding their retail base.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 2:53 PM

‘My City Life’ Opens Second Location

Source: https://www.country94.ca/2020/08/01/...YP792J9guSylOg

Quote:
An uptown Saint John consignment shop is expanding for the second time in less than a year. Carey Morris first opened My City Life in a 300-sq.-ft. storefront on Princess Street in September 2019.

After quickly outgrowing the space, the store moved into a much larger shop in Brunswick Square in February.

Six months later, Morris is opening a second location in McAllister Place on the city’s east side.

A third location and an online auction house are being planned for the coming months, and Melvin said they are even looking opening locations in other New Brunswick communities.

The new location in McAllister Place will open Saturday, Aug. 1, in the former La Senza space.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 5:02 PM
ハルウララ

https://huddle.today/chocozein-cafe-...wn-saint-john/

ChocoZein Cafe will be opening Friday at the historic One Princess Street in uptown Saint John.

The cafe is run by Yamama and Zein Al abdin, came to Saint John from Eygpt as refugees three years ago with their three children. Over the past several years they have been operating a popular Syrian food stall, Machawi of Syria, which has become a staple at local markets such as The Saint John Night Market and the Queen Square Farmers Market.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 8:13 PM

An update regarding Spirit Halloween:

It appears that things have changed and they will unfortunately not be re-opening the SJ store this year. It will be transferring over to the city of Moncton.

Quote:
"Unfortunately, we are informing you that due to changes in the opening schedule, in this exceptional year, Saint John store will not be opening and will be transferred to the city of Moncton. We sincerely apologize for this change of circumstance and invite you to follow us on our Spirit Halloween Moncton page, where, despite the distance, we hope to see and serve you with the same pleasure and the same quality of service as 2019 in Saint John.
Hope to meet you very soon"
Source: https://www.facebook.com/SpiritHallo...53132652751698

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 5:11 PM

Steel is going up at the new Mr Lube on Fairville Boulevard

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 12:44 AM

D&S Hair (located next to EB Games in McAllister Place) is now closed for good.

(Photo is from Retail Talk & Share NB)

But thankfully this spot won't be vacant. A new salon business will be taking over this unit. Razed Rite (based out of Oromocto I believe) will be opening next month in September.

(Photo is from Retail Talk & Share NB)

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 1:14 AM

Note that the same is happening to the hairdresser in Regent, D&S being swapped with Razed Rite.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 5:35 PM

I didn’t get a picture but I noticed structural steel was going up on the new strip plaza across from Lancaster Mall on the west side.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSJ View Post
I didn’t get a picture but I noticed structural steel was going up on the new strip plaza across from Lancaster Mall on the west side.
Here is a picture from Retail Talk & Share NB

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...37183339632290

Something interesting was said in the comment section of the post:
Quote:
"I think this is actually the Starbucks. AW on the other side."
We already assumed A&W will be here (since there was a franchise opportunity sign sitting on this property). What I found interesting was about Starbucks. So does this mean they are moving from their current location down the street?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 9:50 PM

Starbucks is confirmed for the new strip mall plaza that's currently under construction across the street from Lancaster Mall on the west side. (In front of Lawton's Drugs). The building that's currently being constructed must be Starbucks and next to it will be A&W. Since Starbucks is going here, this means they will be relocating from their current spot at 944 Fairville Blvd Plaza (across from Sobeys).

Source: https://saintjohn.maps.arcgis.com/ap...e0d646cdaab32f

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 1:03 PM

According to online chatter, Just Cozy will be opening soon in the former Alia N TanJay location at McAllister Place.
So it appears that this year they are taking a unit (usually they are a kiosk in the main hall of the mall).

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
According to online chatter, Just Cozy will be opening soon in the former Alia N TanJay location at McAllister Place.
So it appears that this year they are taking a unit (usually they are a kiosk in the main hall of the mall).
It's a double boon for the mall. With COVID limits, the mall probably wants to minimize kiosks this year so there's more room for people to space out. And it also fills in an empty unit so the mall feels fuller since it isn't likely to be filled in the fall otherwise.

Just Cozy has been a semi-permanant tenet in Regent for years now, but the mall is using their spot for Food COurt overflow. Likely they'll snag the Tanjay space this year, if Calendar Club doesn't get it first. (Maybe one will grab David's Tea instead)

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 11:33 AM

Another Brunswick Square tenant is closing. The Running Room is closing by the end of the month due to impacts from COVID and reduced foot traffic in Brunswick Square.

https://huddle.today/uptown-saint-jo...apwcmiCHLTwu7Q

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 9:04 PM

Some unfortunate news regarding the new Razed Rite coming soon to McAllister Place.

Quote:
"Hey everyone! First of all I want to thank everyone for their excitement and the warm welcoming of Razed Rite to the area. Unfortunately I am sad to let you all know, that due to the lack of available stylists to work we cannot open anytime soon as intended. We have been trying really hard to hire and there is no one at all available. We are truly sorry about this. We really thank everyone for the amazing welcome and we absolutely hope that sometime in the future we can open up in the area. We still have our Oromocto location full service men’s shop, that has been up and running since 2013 it was formerly called Tanya’s Barber Shop but Tanya charged the name to Razed Rite. We also have our Fredericton regent mall location which will have a his and her side. If you are ever in the area stop on in and see us. Thanks again for your support even though we couldn’t open up there."
Link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...03257158160739

Hopefully they can find staff and can open here in SJ sometime in the future.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2020, 7:40 PM

Just Cozy is currently setting up at the former Alia N Tan Jay spot (next to Reitmans) inside McAllister Place. Grand Opening will be next week.

Photo is from Retail Talk & Share NB.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 1:50 PM

Just Cozy is NOW OPEN!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 2:32 PM

Hickory Farms is returning to McAllister Place for the holiday season, (first week of November I last heard). Currently they are hiring for Store Manager and Sales Associate positions. Source: https://www.mcallisterplace.ca/store...-hickory-farms

Their website: https://www.hickoryfarms.ca/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces