HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Or any other government.
No other government other Trudeau Sr.'s has been anywhere near as unethical as the current one.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 5:04 AM

When was the last time you heard any of the parties agree on anything except the day of the week?........ya, I can't remember such an occassion either. This is why I was very pleased when I was watching CTV Power Play the other day and the Liberal rep repudiated Chretien's stupid idea and said Canada must abide by the rule of law and honour our international agreements and let the courts decide Meng's fate and not political expediency. It was so gratifying to see the Tory rep totally agreeing with the government on this one issue and her support of the gov't not capitulating nor trying to make cheap political points over such a grave situation was both gratifying and refreshing.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2019, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
No other government other Trudeau Sr.'s has been anywhere near as unethical as the current one.
You need to read about government in the early days of Canada.

And was Brian Mulroney's PC government any better than either Trudeau?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2019, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
When was the last time you heard any of the parties agree on anything except the day of the week?........ya, I can't remember such an occassion either. This is why I was very pleased when I was watching CTV Power Play the other day and the Liberal rep repudiated Chretien's stupid idea and said Canada must abide by the rule of law and honour our international agreements and let the courts decide Meng's fate and not political expediency. It was so gratifying to see the Tory rep totally agreeing with the government on this one issue and her support of the gov't not capitulating nor trying to make cheap political points over such a grave situation was both gratifying and refreshing.
They will often agree on international issues which include foreign relations and trade agreements. I'm sure that all parties agree that the Chinese government is bad and that Donald Trump is nuts. I believe all parties support Ukraine over what Putin has done.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 11:03 PM

China bans imports from another Canadian pork producer,claiming to have found the additive ractopmaine. How ironic to have the land of melamine-laced baby formula and lead-bearing toys reject pork for a harmless additive.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ny-frigo-royal

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 11:15 PM

Why are we still importing their cheap plastic crap?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 1:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
China bans imports from another Canadian pork producer,claiming to have found the additive ractopmaine. How ironic to have the land of melamine-laced baby formula and lead-bearing toys reject pork for a harmless additive.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ny-frigo-royal
Dude we have people try to sell crap or scam people all the time who are local. You can’t look out at China where the same thing happens and criticize. 100x our population= 100x the scams. They investigated prosecuted them the same as we would here. Probably faster. Aren’t we the land that sterilized First Nations?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
Dude we have people try to sell crap or scam people all the time who are local. You can’t look out at China where the same thing happens and criticize. 100x our population= 100x the scams. They investigated prosecuted them the same as we would here. Probably faster. Aren’t we the land that sterilized First Nations?
Okay dude, your apologist behavior has jumped the shark this time.

Yes, scams happen everywhere, and yes places with higher populations will generally have more instances of scams, but it is pretty well known that this isn’t just because there are more people. Quality control and work regulations have long been known to be far more relaxed in China than in Canada coupled with a higher level of government corruption due to the lack of an open media and political competition (in other words a lack of checks and balances).

The same way mass shootings are far more common in the US not just in sheer numbers due to more people, but also on a per capita basis.

If this weren’t the case then I wouldn’t regularly see entire tour groups of Mainland Chinese flooding drug stores here in Japan. They don’t do it because it is cheaper here but because they don’t trust their own drug stores / pharmacies back in China (knock offs / fakes are far too common). I don’t see people from Canada doing to same simply because they fear the medicine they buy at the pharmacy is fake...

And WTF does the native issue have to do with the topic at hand? Is it also fair to bring up China’s “purges” when discussing this issue??

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 3:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Okay dude, your apologist behavior has jumped the shark this time.

Yes, scams happen everywhere, and yes places with higher populations will generally have more instances of scams, but it is pretty well known that this isn’t just because there are more people. Quality control and work regulations have long been known to be far more relaxed in China than in Canada coupled with a higher level of government corruption due to the lack of an open media and political competition (in other words a lack of checks and balances).

The same way mass shootings are far more common in the US not just in sheer numbers due to more people, but also on a per capita basis.

If this weren’t the case then I wouldn’t regularly see entire tour groups of Mainland Chinese flooding drug stores here in Japan. They don’t do it because it is cheaper here but because they don’t trust their own drug stores / pharmacies back in China (knock offs / fakes are far too common). I don’t see people from Canada doing to same simply because they fear the medicine they buy at the pharmacy is fake...

And WTF does the native issue have to do with the topic at hand? Is it also fair to bring up China’s “purges” when discussing this issue??
The Chinese are currently rading Australian supermarkets and hoarding baby formula to ship back to China. There was even a Chinese warship in Sydney a few weeks ago, but no one knew the exact reason for it being there. Not even the bloody government. It was a mystery....until some leaked photos showed Chinese military loading up their ship with thousands of boxes of.........you guessed it..........baby formula. No one in China trusts their own formula to be safe, so now their country is looting others of their own. They also target Weetbix, an Aussie breakfast, as well. These products, as well as others that are also targeted by the Chinese, are now constantly in short supply for Australians because of the Chinese locusts. And that is exactly what they have turned into on a global scale; locusts. Stripping the rest of the world of its resources. Its bloody scary.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Uhhh didn’t you criticize Trudeau for trying to make amends for past behaviour toward the natives? And now you’re saying we shouldn’t criticize modern day China because of those past behaviours?

Honest question: how well does the CCP pay to be an apologist? I’m looking to make a few extra bucks in my spare time.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 8:44 AM

China ia a world pariah and the sooner the West acknowledges and brings it to it's knees the better off this planet will be. China offers the world nothing except bad news. It's amazing how Japan is such an incredibly refined, cultured, peaceful, creative, and well respected nation and then just a few hundred kms away you have China which is none of those things.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
China ia a world pariah and the sooner the West acknowledges and brings it to it's knees the better off this planet will be. China offers the world nothing except bad news. It's amazing how Japan is such an incredibly refined, cultured, peaceful, creative, and well respected nation and then just a few hundred kms away you have China which is none of those things.
Oh boy do you ever listen to yourself?

The same exact garbage was spewed about Japan in the 1940s. I guess all they needed was a good ass whooping and nuking in order to civilize them eh? Maybe we can try the same on those bloody chinks.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Oh boy do you ever listen to yourself?

The same exact garbage was spewed about Japan in the 1940s. I guess all they needed was a good ass whooping and nuking in order to civilize them eh? Maybe we can try the same on those bloody chinks.
So now you’re defending militaristic, fascist, expansionist Japan? That hardly adds credibility to your pro-Beijing rhetoric.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Do you reside in Canada or China? Your word usage resembles that of a paid troll.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
So now you’re defending militaristic, fascist, expansionist Japan? That hardly adds credibility to your pro-Beijing rhetoric.
I like to keep them guessing

I'm not pro-Beijing or Pro-Washington like some idiots here would have you believe, just simply anti-xenophobic assholes.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 8:34 PM

Quote:
I like to keep them guessing

I'm not pro-Beijing or Pro-Washington like some idiots here would have you believe, just simply anti-xenophobic assholes.
I don’t think that word means what you think it does.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 9:29 PM

what? Me being an anti-xenophopic-asshole? or an anti-xenophobic asshole? an anti-xenophobe, asshole?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 9:38 PM

Quote:
what? Me being an anti-xenophopic-asshole? or an anti-xenophobic asshole? an anti-xenophobe, asshole?
Xenophobic

Xenophobic is a fear of things that are foreign or strange.

Criticism of a specific state (Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, Communist China, etc.) is not xenophobia.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Is there a word for xenophobe in Chinese? Wouldn't it be just be business as usual because it's pretty much a given that you can't become "Chinese" ie a citizen of China. Even becoming a PR is very difficult. But Canadians are the real racists, dontcha know..

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Xenophobic

Xenophobic is a fear of things that are foreign or strange.

Criticism of a specific state (Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, Communist China, etc.) is not xenophobia.
Yeah umm, have you read ssiguy's posts? He goes off on Chinese PEOPLE constantly. Uses the guise of "China" to make his point sometimes but he slips up all the time. The only reason he cares is he hates to see his precious Vancouver (which he's a relative newcomer, ironically) overrun by yellow folk. The very definition of Xenophobia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Is there a word for xenophobe in Chinese? Wouldn't it be just be business as usual because it's pretty much a given that you can't become "Chinese" ie a citizen of China. Even becoming a PR is very difficult. But Canadians are the real racists, dontcha know..
When did I say Canadians were all xenophobes? Just a few bad apples but they don't spoil the bunch for the most part

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada