HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 10:06 AM

amazing man i alreay have one of the towers build using the drawings from 9/11 research i looked on the site again yesterday but indeet two prints are not in there the level were occ was and another level both are b1 and b2 i hear from lots of people that they got the drawings from the pa but they al signed a form i want to do the same thing but its very hard for me to find out the exact adres to request them a frend of mine is in new york in april but i dont think he can do allot if i want those i think i have to come with him you are doing amazing work man did you do the mezzanene lighting to the litle spots under the balkony they are very hard to make

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 9:13 PM

here is a screenshot of the model im building now i dont have a render engine and i use google sketchup 8

By wtcrebuild at 2011-03-13

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 9:29 PM

compare this one to the models you made STR youres are better ofcourse i do this build as a memorial recreating every space were the public once could walk in like the mall i found some good videos on youtube showing the mall almost in its intirely including the path mezzanene on top of the tracks those videos realy gives good refernce points and good textures i have a treat on this model on skyscraper city the model is deu to be finnich on september 1 this year and please keep on modeling youre work is realy incredible

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 10:00 PM

heres my treat about the model i have build the path to including the train
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...10#post5199210

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 1:10 AM
Because I'm Clever!

You're new here, so I'll put this nicely: Use the edit button. it's annoying to have 4 posts in a row from one guy all posted within an hour of each other. It clutters up threads and makes it harder to keep in order.

Getting back to my project, did some interior work and testing on materials.
The testing and tweaking of materials was interesting, since the building is highly reflective. Just changing the surroundings makes for a marked difference.

And the interior work.

Comparing bases.

Last edited by STR; Mar 14, 2011 at 5:23 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 6:00 AM
Astorian

Good job though on your computer drawings.

Last edited by NYCLuver; Mar 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 6:31 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Exterior largely complete to the 110th floor slab. Just need to add the roof and it's all interior details from here on out.

Last edited by STR; Mar 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 8:21 AM

ok i understand. the intirior of the model you made looks very good im amazed are you also doing the intirior stuf like desks plants and such to get even more realistic i have some posters that you could hang up in the windows on the plaza side they are not highly detailed but with a bit of photoshopping it wil look very awesome just let me now an il post them i caint wait until you beat my path station you are truly an amazing artist with 3d

about the last photo
how is it possible to render like that wen i look at my tower from a distands it looks like the collums are swimming al the way are you using 3ds for construction??

world trade center paper model i notisted you have paper wtc models made heres a new facade you could use for the ones wo wants to build big its extreemly detailed wen you like it i have two other facades to for the plaza side with posters in windows nort and south tower

By wtcrebuild at 2011-03-14
im sorry that its so big but this would be a great paper model

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 9:15 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowersII-2011 View Post
about the last photo
how is it possible to render like that wen i look at my tower from a distands it looks like the collums are swimming al the way are you using 3ds for construction??
What do you mean the "columns are swimming all the way"? I do not understand.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
What do you mean the "columns are swimming all the way"? I do not understand.
wen i look at youre model all the vertical collums are staying vertical even from a distance wen i try that with my model from close they are vertical and wen i zoom out they are starting to swim is it the texturing or the program itself that causes the problem add me on messenger and i show you wat i mean im sorry about the last image i did not now it felt out that huge i made the facade myself and i have printed it out to build a real life model and it realy looks good im giving it to you because you made paper models maibe you could try it also with this one let me now if you like it

ive got almost rid of the wirls in it now ive edited the prefernces in sketchup to get more out of it

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 7:32 PM
Because I'm Clever!

I think the word you're looking for is "wave" instead of "swim." What you're seeing is called the Moiré effect, and is occurs when your antialiasing is set too low, or is off.

New Tower 1368'0" to parapet. Old Tower: 1362'0" to Parapet, 1368'7" to roof peak, which rounds out to the tower actually being 1,369 feet tall. Interesting.

Last edited by STR; Mar 15, 2011 at 6:45 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 6:42 AM

yes i called a good frend of me because yesterday amayor problem occure on friday my computer wil be checked and repared new parts wil be instaled also to get it faster and better graphics out of it today i wil start on the top arches of the facade but first i have to get rid of some bugs
about the tower you are building wen you are starting on the south tower are you doing the escalator in the skylobby to you now the one that gows to the observationdeck on the roof it would be great to see that in 3d
and did you try out that facedade i posted here to build a paper model of it anyway great work keep on going man you are doing great

compare to the new tower it a big differnce of architecture at the end nobody wil ever see that two great twins ruled the skyline only two voids wil remember us atleast they could have used a bit of the old twin towers in the new one those arches would have looked awesome on top of the new one a bit of art deco is never wrong to use but wat can we do about it nothing at al we can only see it grow in to the skyline and hopefully we are able to go to the top of the new tower if ward is not scrapping the observatory to like he did with the restaurant

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 10:28 PM
Because I'm Clever!

It always sucks to have PC issues.

Continuing work on the roof.

Most of the exterior is done.

Railing added. Thanks to some foresight, this actually took only a few minutes to create.

4 World Trade Center, Under Construction

4 World Trade Center, Under Construction

Last edited by STR; Mar 16, 2011 at 5:54 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 6:43 AM

wow the facade of the lower building amaze me even more that buildings are hard to make bit with a bit of time everyting works out wel

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 16, 2011 at 2:44 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 8:36 PM
Closed account

Truly amazing, STR.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 8:41 PM
Because I'm Clever!

I've seen a half dozen other models, and none of them ever came close to getting the plaza buildings correct.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 10:44 PM

amazing but i dont believe the roofs edge is like thatbut anyway who cares this is almost perfect i anyway is having a break my setchup gave up on me today wen i was working on the top skylobby but it wil be solved this weekent hopefully the building you made is 4 wtc on the parts were on street level were the window is one pease they are vents i have some videos found on you tube i wil sent tomorrow early that shows them very good maibe you can use some store texturing for that to get the finniching touches
for my model i wil use texturing on al of the buildings the old models were crap i am building them for 5 years every time i build new one to get better in modeling now with the new towers im building its getting even more realistic now i wil try to get ass close to detailing as the ones you are building we wil see

By wtcrebuild at 2011-03-16

Last edited by twintowersII-2011; Mar 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 11:29 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintowersII-2011 View Post
amazing but i dont believe the roofs edge is like that
I'm going off blueprints. Aside from some missing details, that's precisely what it looked like.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 11:44 PM
Basket Case

Ya, the roof edge looked exactly like that.

In fact you can see it (although still under construction) in this video from the 1973 movie Godspell.

At the end of the song (All For The Best) you see the actors dancing and singing on the roof of the North Tower, and as the camera pulls out at the finale you can see the roof's edge.

-EDIT-
Also there's this other video, that looks to have been recorded at about the same time, that shows off the North Tower's roof much better then Godspell does.

Last edited by OptimumPx; Mar 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2011, 3:47 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Anyway, I really dig the overhangs on the plaza buildings. It's organic, yet geometric, giving a sense of order that's generally lacking in modern attempts at organic architecture.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art