HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 2:11 PM
Honored Member

Building interiors on Google Maps Street View

I noticed today that there are interior 360° virtual tours of a few buildings in Halifax. Here is a write up on this feature - http://google-latlong.blogspot.ca/20...-business.html

Here is the interior view of the St. Paul's Anglican Church (what a beautiful old chrurch) - https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.64739...7i13312!8i6656

There are a few others such as the Citadel, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Saint Mary's Cathedral Basilica; to see which are available go to the Map View and hover over the map with the small Street View Icon (yellow "person icon").

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 4:02 PM

It's interestign that they are doing this - I cannot imagine the effort and cost it takes. I was looking at Streetview in a US city recently and noticed the availability. In that case they took me into a small convenience store. Was fun to look around inside and see stuff on the shelves. So it isn't just iconic structures they are going into.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
It's interestign that they are doing this - I cannot imagine the effort and cost it takes. I was looking at Streetview in a US city recently and noticed the availability. In that case they took me into a small convenience store. Was fun to look around inside and see stuff on the shelves. So it isn't just iconic structures they are going into.
Hard to say, a little Googling shows any business can pay to have it done... probably not as expensive as one would think. They call it Google Business View.

They use local "Certified Street View Pros" to do the work; in Halifax, that would be Insideview.ca.

Very cool.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDono View Post
Hard to say, a little Googling shows any business can pay to have it done... probably not as expensive as one would think. They call it Google Business View.

They use local "Certified Street View Pros" to do the work; in Halifax, that would be Insideview.ca.

Very cool.
Yes, it is. I was inside the Atlantic Grill in the Flatiron District of NYC recently - from the comfort of my sofa.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General