HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
...but they really should expand the Trolley system to other areas of San Diego.
They are, and right now actually! You can even see all the construction for it on I-5 at the moment. This will be a pretty significant upgrade by San Diego standards because UTC La Jolla is a major job center and is next to UCSD. I would've ideally loved to see the trolley run up 5th avenue through Banker's Hill and all the way to Hillcrest, as well.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
They are, and right now actually! You can even see all the construction for it on I-5 at the moment. This will be a pretty significant upgrade by San Diego standards because UTC La Jolla is a major job center and is next to UCSD. I would've ideally loved to see the trolley run up 5th avenue through Banker's Hill and all the way to Hillcrest, as well.

Actually, we did see the construction of it on the way home from Hillcrest; we saw the elevated structures. I'm glad the Trolley is being expanded.

More expansion of the system would be really cool; a Hillcrest stop would be great, as would spurs to Ocean Beach/Pacific Beach, and into La Jolla Village.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 7:35 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
It's never taken me that long to get to San Diego; probably the longest it's taken me is 2.5 hours; maybe it depends on what part of LA you leave from, and what time of the week? And I guess it also depends on what part of San Diego you want to get to, too.
It's usually trafficky on the 5 through Commerce and into Norwalk, but then after you get through Santa Ana it opens up, and past the El Toro Y traffic often picks up even more. It helps to be able to use the carpool lane too. And I assume once the 5 Freeway widening project is done through Norwalk, the traffic will flow better (for a bit until traffic patterns become "normal" again).

If you're coming from the Inland Empire, I can see how taking the 15 to SD can be really trafficky.

For me, it's always been going to Santa Barbara where on a good day, you can get there in under 2 hours (sometimes even only 90 minutes), and other times it can take between 3 and 3-and-a-half hours, sometimes close to 4 hours. And then going HOME from Santa Barbara can also be a mess. For me leaving from/going back to South Pasadena, the drive through the SFV can be a nightmare.

But anyway, the point of this particular drive I took was to take it easy and enjoy the coastal towns that Interstate 5 bypasses.
Great little informational tour.

For me the highpoints are located between La Jolla and Oceanside, I love those beach towns of north county.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos