HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:30 PM
Skyriser

St Ambrose has a PUD going for it.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu...Z/Z-28-15n.pdf

I'm kind of impressed by the design of the Presidential building. Much better than those crummy articulated facades that are everywhere.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
St Ambrose has a PUD going for it.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu...Z/Z-28-15n.pdf

I'm kind of impressed by the design of the Presidential building. Much better than those crummy articulated facades that are everywhere.
Are all these projects by that one developer, Michael Lafferty?? Looks like he's finally doing something...

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 12:12 AM

A friend just moved his architecture studio to Van Buren (about 14th Street) and other adaptive reuse projects are moving down the pipe, so as we have been talking about in the past the momentum in Eastlake and Garfield is in full swing. I just have no confidence that Mike Lafferty will ever do anything. He's been all talk for decades now.

I'm not saying Eastlake won't develop - it will - but I don't think Lafferty is going to be any part of it. We also need to remember that we are nearing a recession so while some in this chat like to tell me I'm a naysayer and argue about it, it's happening and it's going to affect anything that isn't already out of the ground most likely.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 1:17 AM
Skyriser

Didn't Lafferty do or at least start the complexes on 11th and 12th Sts? Those were very early to market.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

He got all the permitting done and sold the land to developers.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 4:49 PM

Yeah I thought this st Ambrose nonsense has been floating around for years? A toll brothers situation

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
A friend just moved his architecture studio to Van Buren (about 14th Street) and other adaptive reuse projects are moving down the pipe, so as we have been talking about in the past the momentum in Eastlake and Garfield is in full swing. I just have no confidence that Mike Lafferty will ever do anything. He's been all talk for decades now.

I'm not saying Eastlake won't develop - it will - but I don't think Lafferty is going to be any part of it. We also need to remember that we are nearing a recession so while some in this chat like to tell me I'm a naysayer and argue about it, it's happening and it's going to affect anything that isn't already out of the ground most likely.
Yes but nobody is expecting a “major” recession a la 2008. So it’s entirely possible if it’s something more “normal” like a 2000 or 1992 that the recession can come and go all in the planning and development phase of stuff in the pipeline, with little Impact on them coming to fruition

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 5:16 PM

Alliance Residential set to build another downtown Phoenix apartment project

Boom! Keep 'em coming!

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-downtown.html
Quote:
Alliance Residential Co. is set to break ground later this month on a 162-unit apartment community in downtown Phoenix on the northeast corner of Third and Portland streets.

Alliance paid $6.45 million for the 1.53 acres of land for the project, according to Vizzda LLC real estate database.

Ian Swiergol, managing director of the southwest division for Phoenix-based Alliance, told the Business Journal that total development costs for the project will be under $40 million. It is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2021.

While an official name has not yet been selected for the new apartments, its working title is Broadstone Portland.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 6:34 PM

One thing that has not been discussed is just how dense 3rd Street is getting, pretty soon it is going to be come a major residential hub. I wish they would get started on that project to repave and add bike lanes.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Its Paywalled:

Alliance Residential Co. is set to break ground later this month on a 162-unit apartment community in downtown Phoenix on the northeast corner of Third and Portland streets.

Alliance paid $6.45 million for the 1.53 acres of land for the project, according to Vizzda LLC real estate database.

Ian Swiergol, managing director of the southwest division for Phoenix-based Alliance, told the Business Journal that total development costs for the project will be under $40 million. It is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2021.

It will be built next to the 316-unit Broadstone Roosevelt, 330 E. Roosevelt St., which Alliance built in 2016 and sold in March to Weidner Apartment Homes for $84.2 million, according to Vizzda.

While an official name has not yet been selected for the new apartments, its working title is Broadstone Portland, Swiergol said, and basically is the second phase of Broadstone Roosevelt.

Monthly rental rates will range from the $1,400s to $3,000 for some of the top-level penthouse units, he said.

Swiergol said Alliance Residential had great success leasing Broadstone Roosevelt when the Phoenix company owned and managed it.

"Employment in the downtown area has grown so much, the demand for high-end apartments with highly amenitized pool area and fitness centers has grown," he said. "We see that market as one continuing to grow, playing off the successes of Phoenix attracting some high-end employers into the downtown market."

Downtown Phoenix has several high-end luxury apartments under construction and on the drawing board.

"I wouldn't tell you we're not in danger of overbuilding," Swiergol said. "I don't want to say that. We develop properties where people want to live. We see metro Phoenix as a market that's doing a good job of balancing its supply and demand. There may be areas that I tend to think are oversupplied, but overall as a market, we believe it's a very healthy market."

All the apartment communities Alliance Residential builds are branded with the Broadstone name.

It just finished spending over $40 million to build Broadstone Osborn at the northeast corner of Third Avenue and Osborn Road in midtown Phoenix. That 200-unit property is 40% leased, he said.

Also coming online is Broadstone Grand at Papago Park Center and Broadstone Rio Salado in Tempe, he said.

Those four projects — Broadstone Portland, Broadstone Osborn, Broadstone Grand and Broadstone Rio Salado — total nearly 937 units with total capitalization of just under $200 million, he said.

With 3,500 employees nationwide, Alliance Residential has invested in more than $10 billion of real estate and manage a $20 billion portfolio. It is an active buyer, builder and manager across 20 states and 33 metro areas.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 11:03 PM

A couple more final building plans were submitted. One is called Hance Park 2, which is at the southwest corner of Willetta and 3rd St - where the office building was recently demo'd. The number of units wasn't specified, but I would imagine it will be very similar to the first phase in scale and scope. The other is ECO, at the southwest corner of 3rd and Roosevelt, where another building was recently demo'd. This one is 70 units.

It's nice to see vacant lots not sit that way for very long, as opposed to the Los Olivos car wash site, which doesn't seem to have any activity at all.

LPRN 1906867 and LPRN 1906986 if you're interested.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 11:07 PM

Okay I lied about the Los Olivos site. There was a fact finding for a "Los Olivos Food Hall" or a 15,000 sq ft multi tenant retail site submitted last month. But fact findings are like pre-apps - very early in the process with little investment.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 3:16 AM

Yes, they're doing "boutique retail" there since the whole Enhance project has them scared of our condo market.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 4:19 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Yes, they're doing "boutique retail" there since the whole Enhance project has them scared of our condo market.
Enhance wasn't constructed well enough to sell as condo's and is in a spot that's still a little sketchy. They should look at Portland as an example, not Enhance. Portland had no problems selling.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 4:30 PM

One's perception is based on their own reality.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 6:04 PM
Modulator

Crane coming down on Columbus and Central today. Was hoping it would stay up until Novel had a crane up. Oh well.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 11:39 PM
Modulator

Construction fence is up and a backhoe onsite for the Broadstone development at 3rd St. and Portland.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 4:46 PM

Functionally this is Tempe but new apartment complex at Washington and the 202

http://azbex.com/luxury-multifamily-...st-washington/

Quote:
A unique, urban-style luxury multifamily residential development is being proposed just east of the SEC of Washington Street and the Loop 202 Freeway in Phoenix.

Applicant and Land Use Attorney Earl, Curley & Lagarde, P.C., on behalf of Santa Monica-based Banyan Residential, submitted a request to the City of Phoenix to rezone approximately 4.79 acres of underutilized land at 5321 E. Washington Street to Mixed-Use in order to construct the 223-unit multifamily community, dubbed Banyan Washington.

Banyan Washington will consist of three, five-story buildings that will house a mix of studio, one- two- and three-bedroom units. Interiors will feature “first-class finishes” including plank flooring, in-unit washer and dryers, walk-in showers and stainless steel appliances.

The project will provide several high-end community amenities for residents including a sauna, Sky Deck, resort-style pool with cabanas and lounge areas, bike repair facility and residential storage areas. A dog park, clubhouse with game room and fitness area, community center, barbeque grilles and connected walkways will also be provided.

According to the applicant’s narrative submitted to the city, “The overall design concept will create a unique, first-class design that places living units fronting onto Washington Street with some exterior balcony spaces to interact with the streetscape… A number of other units in the project will have exterior balconies to help maximize views and individual unit designs for residents.”

The unique design – with the use of different types of material and horizontal and vertical plane movement – and open space areas proposed will provide a high-end environment for residents

Access to the site will be from Washington Street. A mix of garage, surface and shaded surface parking will be provided for a total of 333 spaces. The site is also strategically located between two light rail stations.

The city discussed the request at its September 17th Camelback East Village Planning Committee meeting. No voting took place. According to Banyan Residential’s website, the project is expected to be complete in 2022.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Functionally this is Tempe but new apartment complex at Washington and the 202

http://azbex.com/luxury-multifamily-...st-washington/
I think this area will see a lot of development in the next 10 years or so. There are already two apartment buildings going up in that dead space between Tempe/Downtown--one at Washington/143 by the Desert Schools building, and another across the street from this proposal.

Still a lot of underutilized land along this stretch, and with the 50th St. light rail station complete, all of these projects should have reasonable rail access.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 11:58 PM

2nd Ave and Fillmore Apartments

Looks like this development where the O’Neil Printing building currently sits is looking to be on track (projected to start construction Early 2020). Final Site Plan was submitted last month.
https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/PDD/...ype=PlanReview
We could see three cranes on Fillmore St alone next year with this development, The Fillmore phase 1, and Aspire Fillmore across the street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest