HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 2:29 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
tems.
Do you observe any movement (as we've seen in other places with other names) towards a more phonetic way of saying it, à la "taymz".

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 2:38 AM
The Vomit Bag.

yeah, that is how I sounded it when I moved here 16 years ago, and was roundly ridiculed by my drinking buddy fellow professors. (Taymz, said I, to hoots and hollers).
To which I replied, what the hell is the point of the H, the A, and the E in the word "Thames"?
They then called me a "stupid frenchie" (in jest...they know I am from Quebec, and they know I am an anglo, and they just felt like yanking my chain...which was made all the more funny by the fact that the guy that said it to me has an old-stock Quebecois name and whose ancestors hail from la belle province).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 3:01 PM

No sign of any workers on project. Appear to just be waiting on paving contractor to start paving the pathways. They must be busy elsewhere otherwise this could have opened weeks ago.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 6:23 PM

Paving of ramps towards both bridges is now done. Can't tell if the path between the bridges has been paved as of yet.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 10:11 PM

CTV News reporting the new trail opens this weekend.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2020, 10:01 PM

Decades late but finally here. - https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...valley-parkway

Next up is the multi-use pathway connecting the pieces thru the Medway Creek valley. City Hall where are your visionary planners? Let's get the Medway Valley path built ASAP.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 8:22 PM

Great work on the TVP new portion. Even has link to housing south of Windamere.

Sadly the losers with dogs have already let their pets shit on it. Soon enough it will be littered in drink cups, cans, bottles and food wrappers. People have no respect.

Would like to see the city install waste cans at all the access points and signage. And some bylaw enforcement would also help.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 11:37 PM

Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 11:00 AM

A compromise plan goes to planning committee next week.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...ion-compromise

https://london.ca/business-developme...dway-esa-south

No bridges in this version and no linking of the route north of Fanshawe Rd to Western campus and the main TVP. Sadly it will not satisfy anyone which is the nature of compromise.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 5:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Please, please, please, please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please,please, please build a pedestrian bridge over medway creek near the windermere-gainsborough axis. Please.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 1:17 PM

City seeking funding to make some minor enhancements to network. Sadly no mention of building the gap in the Medway Valley link.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...arkway-to-love

Old Posted Jun 19, 2022, 6:35 PM

I came up with a map showing a potential future of the Thames Valley Parkway. There is so much insane connecting potential of the network to various peripheral natural areas across London and I would love to see it one day fully realized.

Thames Valley Parkway by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Old Posted Jun 19, 2022, 7:30 PM

Nice work.

Some edits to consider:

The section of the Medway Valley between Fanshawe and Sunningdale is complete with almost all fully paved except for a small section. The plan is to extend the path north of Sunningdale on the north side of Tricar's condo towers and along the border of the golf course east to Richmond St. Where a new pedestrian bridge gateway will cross Richmond. Eventually the thinking is to continue the path east along the city limits and behind and thru the subdivisions that will be built and already exist all the way to Adelaide St. All the more reason to build a proper multi use path south thru Medway Valley connecting to Western University. Hopefully those running for City councilor in these Wards make that part of their campaigns.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 11:44 AM

Although not part of the official TVP this lookout over Highland woods is being considered to be removed after only 2 years. Sadly we have too many people who won't respect our trail systems and dump their garbage and litter and use them as their dogs toilet. Would love to see an education campaign to educate people about proper respect for our trails and the do's and don't.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/after-just...oods-1.6614290

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 9:42 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Although not part of the official TVP this lookout over Highland woods is being considered to be removed after only 2 years. Sadly we have too many people who won't respect our trail systems and dump their garbage and litter and use them as their dogs toilet. Would love to see an education campaign to educate people about proper respect for our trails and the do's and don't.
Some people just don't get it, or the effort to reach and educate them would be too great compared to the impact.

What I find funny is these people probably have to spend hours toodling around in their vehicles hauling their trash and wasting their own time, at a cost far above the $10 or whatever to drop it off at the local dump.

People do this crap despite free bulk pickup by most waste collectors (just need to place a call or send a message), despite being able drop off items like tires and old appliances and metals for free at waste transfer stations... heck, put just about anything of substance out front on garbage day and some picker will probably come by in the night and take it away.

It's a big problem here too.

And I hope there's a special place in hell for some dog owners who let their pets defecate everywhere but don't clean it up. Every spring, as the snowpiles melt, major and very public trails in Hamilton literally smell like sh!t. Because as it turns out, snow does not dissolve dog poop and make the ground smell like cotton candy.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2024, 12:54 PM

City planning upgrades to both the Greenway and Adelaide waste water treatment plants to add earthen berms to protect them from flooding as well as some internal plant upgrades. This work will impact TVP access and will remove some trees.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/video/c284...ction-upgrades

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 6:02 PM

Some trail planning in the Medway Valley to be discussed in upcoming PEC committee.

https://pub-london.escribemeetings.c...umentId=106388

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 12:51 PM

CTV piece on the planned improvement to the Glouchester Rd access point trail.

The local Nimbys are of course still fighting any improvements.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/accessible...ance-1.6778450

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 2:22 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I want a pedestrian bridge over Medway creek, roughly where Windermere and Gainsborough (should) meet up. There are three (THREE) such crossings to the north of Fanshawe Park road, none below.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 2:27 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
CTV piece on the planned improvement to the Glouchester Rd access point trail.

The local Nimbys are of course still fighting any improvements.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/accessible...ance-1.6778450

the same nimbys in the same neighborhood that killed the planned 402 highway routing north of London.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure