HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 3:23 PM

Last edited by cdnguys; Oct 13, 2020 at 12:12 AM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
Thanks! Much better look at the rendering.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSJ View Post
Thanks! Much better look at the rendering.

Mike Cavanagh planned on 2 30 unit buildings in Millidgeville that was blocked by local residents. I’m wondering if he’ll build a second one in lower cove loop area. I also noticed land for sale at Tin Can Beach at end of Sydney st. Be a good location for a building

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Mike Cavanagh planned on 2 30 unit buildings in Millidgeville that was blocked by local residents. I’m wondering if he’ll build a second one in lower cove loop area. I also noticed land for sale at Tin Can Beach at end of Sydney st. Be a good location for a building
The Port is selling this wedge of land. Only 1/3 of an acre but definitely interesting. The city owns the little wedge between it and Germain.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...9137642426369/

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 4:23 PM
ハルウララ

Pretty incredible to see 'oceanside lofts' marketed in the Lower South End. A decade ago this would have been unfathomable. Awesome transformation in the Uptown these days.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 8:47 PM

Three sisters condos have at least 15 units for sale - never seen activity that high before. Wonder if it’s due to AIM? If there is any time to build phase 2 it would be now but there is just something about that place people buy then move out. So I doubt phase 2 will ever be built

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Scaffolding up at 61 King St (Cowie & Son building). Are they finally fixing the boarded up windows and ruined brickwork?
Looks like masonry work. And just in time. It's easily the most decrepit building on King.

Second floor framed off on the Telegraph, too. Digging's started along King St E and behind the old county courthouse.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Looks like masonry work. And just in time. It's easily the most decrepit building on King.

Second floor framed off on the Telegraph, too. Digging's started along King St E and behind the old county courthouse.
What's happening behind the courthouse?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Three sisters condos have at least 15 units for sale - never seen activity that high before. Wonder if it’s due to AIM? If there is any time to build phase 2 it would be now but there is just something about that place people buy then move out. So I doubt phase 2 will ever be built
Rocca posts on here from time to time so he's probably lurking. There was a point in time when several members of this site would critisize the poor quality of the building ad nauseam including issues like poor soundproofing, cheap finishes, low ceilings etc. I'm assuming they were owners or former owners. I don't expect a phase 2 at all, but it would be nice to at least have a few CRU's or even offices abut phase 1. The state of the current lot is an absolute disgrace.

Last edited by NewIreland; Oct 19, 2020 at 5:51 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:

What’s happening on King Street east?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 6:09 PM
ハルウララ

https://huddle.today/historica-enter...wn-properties/

Historica Enters Mid-Level Rental Market With Purchase Of Hazen’s Uptown Properties

The acquisition includes 20 buildings consisting of 150 apartments and approximately 150 parking spots. Historica also purchased a building Hazen owned on the city’s west side.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 10:55 PM

Construction status of The Wentworth an 83-unit luxury apartment building

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 11:03 PM

Construction status of The Telegraph, 32 unit mixed used development at Canterbury and Grannan

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 11:04 PM

Construction status of The Atlantic, a 29 unit luxury apartment building

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 5:03 PM
ハルウララ

Wentworth has a massive footprint.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:05 PM

Posted in the main Saint John so figured I repost it in here

Quote:
A little bird tells me the lot just east of Tin Can Beach has been sold (or will soon be) and a ~100-unit apartment building is planned. Concrete pad construction to avoid disturbing brownfield contaminants.
To be honest I'm a little disappointed to hear its down by Tin Can Beach only because I'd rather see something of that size go up in the denser neighborhoods of uptown and or south end. Furthermore I see on SNB the property assessment for that property sky rocketed over 100,000 for 2021 which may reflect a sale price?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSJ View Post
Posted in the main Saint John so figured I repost it in here

To be honest I'm a little disappointed to hear its down by Tin Can Beach only because I'd rather see something of that size go up in the denser neighborhoods of uptown and or south end. Furthermore I see on SNB the property assessment for that property sky rocketed over 100,000 for 2021 which may reflect a sale price?
I think that area will densify. The Atlantic and Three Sisters are just the start. So much land but the overwhelming issue is contamination in ground. So maybe concrete pad construction is the answer. Aside from that, apparently there are more projects to be announced soon in the uptown area

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 12:00 PM

Yeah- could be a busy corner. Extending Harbour Passage along it was smart- looking forward to the next phase from Sydney to Pitt. Quite a few employers down there too.

The port posted a long term lease opportunity for the wedge of land between Ross and Lower Cove Loop. About the same square footage as the Atlantic's footprint.

The block dominated by the pawn shop building is ripe for redevelopment too.

If someone picks up the plans and builds those four approved townhouses on Charlotte/Queen Square North, that's even more infill.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2020, 1:21 PM

Are there any recent land purchases in uptown Saint John. Rumours floating around of a major development to be announced soon that’s not Fundy Quay or Tin Can beach.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2020, 1:11 AM

SNB property tax database shows a sale registered Oct 30 for the tin can beach property for $425K
Hopefully announcement soon for development !

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces