HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos

Old Posted Oct 25, 2011, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Queen Elizabeth today in front of Summit Place
what a wonderful ship

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 2:31 PM

Halifax in summer is still fresh (with 21°c). We're melting in Italy with 40°c (in the shadow)...Uff..Another one year and i transfer in Halifax for the rest of my life and i'll say "STOP" of this climate condition .

(I Know, my english is terrible, but i will learn)

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vl@dy View Post
Halifax in summer is still fresh (with 21°c). We're melting in Italy with 40°c (in the shadow)...Uff..Another one year and i transfer in Halifax for the rest of my life and i'll say "STOP" of this climate condition .

(I Know, my english is terrible, but i will learn)
Well, it's not 40°c, but the last week or so has been really miserable, with warm temps and lots of humidity. Today was like a steam bath when the sun came out, though it has cooled off now.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 10:28 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Well, it's not 40°c, but the last week or so has been really miserable, with warm temps and lots of humidity. Today was like a steam bath when the sun came out, though it has cooled off now.
I don't know how people deal with it in place like Atlanta were it is hot and humid for half the year. I suspect summer down there is like winter up here, or maybe worse. Mexico's similar. It's fun for a few days when you're on holiday but I wouldn't want to live in that.

Halifax weather is far from perfect but I've been a bit nostalgic about it lately. Here in Vancouver we've had a really bad year with long stretches of zero sun and very cold summer temperatures (days of 13 or 14 and rain in June).

I'm not even sure I like Vancouver winters more than Halifax winters, except for the lack of wind here. Halifax gets sunny winter days that Vancouverites would just about kill for come January. Spring here on the West Coast is better though.

The nicest climate I think is San Francisco. It is like a dry version of Halifax or Vancouver from May to October. Of course, Italy has roughly the same mild Mediterranean winters.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post

Oh, i would pay for some humidity.
I don't know if you ever hear Crotone (my city, in the south of Italy). In my country there's the sun shining constantly, and the hot is insupportable.
But during the winter, the temperature fly down (in my city 7/8 c°, and if are lucky, -2/-3 °c).

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
The nicest climate I think is San Francisco. It is like a dry version of Halifax or Vancouver from May to October. Of course, Italy has roughly the same mild Mediterranean winters.
Yes, here (i stay near "Mar Ionio") is good during the winter. But i love the cold and i think Halifax is perfect for the people looks like me.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:31 PM

A question :
In Halifax (or near Halifax) there's a beach?

Thanks.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 11:50 PM

There are many beautiful beaches nearby, but the water can be pretty cold. Nice and refreshing when its hot out though!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchipman View Post
There are many beautiful beaches nearby, but the water can be pretty cold. Nice and refreshing when its hot out though!
Ah ok.
At the end is only a matter of habit .
The italian water is cold during the morning, but in the afternoon (when the sun is most strong) heats and is really nice.

Old Posted May 21, 2013, 12:52 AM
BANNED

My main reason for taking this picture was because of the lighting, so I guess I'll post this here:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Photos