HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 10:47 PM

We're pouring the second floor slab on Monday.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 10:58 PM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

I drove by a few times in the past week. It seems that the River Tower is going to be quite a bit wider than the Residences.

Toemayo, there has been some contradicting information on the number of stories of the newer tower. Will it be 22, 23, or 25?

Also, is there any estimate on the height, and will the new tower have the same red aircraft warning lights?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2006, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D
I drove by a few times in the past week. It seems that the River Tower is going to be quite a bit wider than the Residences.

Toemayo, there has been some contradicting information on the number of stories of the newer tower. Will it be 22, 23, or 25?

Also, is there any estimate on the height, and will the new tower have the same red aircraft warning lights?
The new tower is going to be 27 stories then the roof. I don't know the height or anything about the warning lights.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2006, 8:43 PM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

Wow, 27 stories, eh? I'm really glad I asked that question. I thought I was pushing it citing the 25 stories I heard earlier on.

So, in other words, this tower will be quite a bit taller than the Residences, given the differences in the condo tower floor heights, plus the 5 extra floors.

This should be very, very interesting

So, 27 stories x 10 feet = 270 feet, +4 feet for Penthouses and Roof, 275 feet?

Should be 3rd Tallest in Wilm., then.

Last edited by Joey D; Mar 12, 2006 at 9:17 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2006, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D
Wow, 27 stories, eh? I'm really glad I asked that question. I thought I was pushing it citing the 25 stories I heard earlier on.

So, in other words, this tower will be quite a bit taller than the Residences, given the differences in the condo tower floor heights, plus the 5 extra floors.

This should be very, very interesting

So, 27 stories x 10 feet = 270 feet, +4 feet for Penthouses and Roof, 275 feet?

Should be 3rd Tallest in Wilm., then.
Yea there are less columns in this tower to. There's only about 20-25 of them. But there are more sheer walls. One at the end, 3 sided elevator pit and 4 at the other end. They're like t walls.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2006, 2:33 PM

toemayo-

What's the time frame for completing the tower? It seemed to take forever for the Apt tower to go up.... will this one go up any quicker?

Is the parking garage a totally seperate structure or is connected to the tower? If seperate... will this go up soon or at the end?

*** Anyone notice that the Barclay's parking garage seemed to go up overnight - shocked me.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

That's actually pretty funny you said that. I was thinking the other day, when I drove down there, just about nothing had been done with the steel (or so it seemed,) but then I drove down the street a little more to be surprised by the decent sized concrete garage.

By the way, if anyone ever gets a shot of the Apartment Tower between the AA, and the two Barclays buildings, it is quite a nice new vantage point. I think I may hit that up one of these days.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2006, 6:05 AM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

I did a little homework tonight (after my car broke down and I couldn't go get smashed).

I found this

http://www.healylongjevin.com/river_tower_ii.htm

This, from the construction firm, confirms that the new tower will be "27 stories of luxury condominiums."

'Tis time to change the title, Mglan. Actually, why not start a new thread for this one?

Last edited by Joey D; Mar 19, 2006 at 6:22 AM.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2006, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggpow
toemayo-

What's the time frame for completing the tower? It seemed to take forever for the Apt tower to go up.... will this one go up any quicker?

Is the parking garage a totally separate structure or is connected to the tower? If separate... will this go up soon or at the end?

*** Anyone notice that the Barclay's parking garage seemed to go up overnight - shocked me.
The schedule says around November, but who knows. It will probably run longer.

The parking garage is seperate from the second tower I believe.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2006, 2:40 PM

I think 27 stories includes the two smaller utility stories on the top of the building. That would explain why some are quoting 25 and some 27...25 is the main structure...27 is the entire building.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2006, 7:31 PM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggpow
I think 27 stories includes the two smaller utility stories on the top of the building. That would explain why some are quoting 25 and some 27...25 is the main structure...27 is the entire building.
So you think the website misworded that?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2006, 5:33 PM

eom

Last edited by greggpow; Apr 22, 2006 at 12:07 AM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2006, 6:33 PM

Sorry for butting in here, I've been lurking and reading all the posts with great interest over the past couple of months.

I too can't wait for it to be finished. I purchased a 17th floor NE corner unit in the Riverfront tower. When I purchased in early February, 90% of the units were sold. From what I understand now, there are but a few units left.

With the completion of the Tower and the addition of phase 4 (Justison's Landing) it will be very interesting to see the changes this residential density will bring first hand.

~ Lauden

Old Posted Mar 21, 2006, 4:50 AM

eom

Last edited by greggpow; Apr 22, 2006 at 12:08 AM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2006, 4:03 AM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

Welcome, Lauden.

Hope you will participate in the General Wilmington thread with us.

I was thinking... does anybody think Philly will be visible from the top of the River Tower? I was told it's visible from Chase Manhattan, and I've seen it from the 495 bridge, and the Del. Memorial Bridge.

Stupid notion, I know.. but it would be great to have a skyline view of two cities (given clear weather.)

BTW I found this sketch on Google. It seems like it may be vertically stretched to some extent, but nonetheless, here it is.

Last edited by Joey D; Mar 22, 2006 at 4:14 AM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2006, 11:06 PM
Gainfully Employed

^How the hell do you find that stuff Joe?

I'm sure you can see Philadelphia from the top, as long as nothing else is in the way (obviously). It's clearly visible from Fox Point park and that's only a few miles outside of town.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2006, 1:14 AM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglan80
^How the hell do you find that stuff Joe?

I'm sure you can see Philadelphia from the top, as long as nothing else is in the way (obviously). It's clearly visible from Fox Point park and that's only a few miles outside of town.
Well, old chap, it involves a car which won't start, being in between jobs, and having way too much time on your hands to look that shit up.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2006, 6:16 AM

Here's a link with Justison Landing renderings.

http://www.deldot.gov/static/pubs_fo...nal_fy2007.pdf

Old Posted Mar 31, 2006, 4:55 PM

Hello all,

I too have been reading all your posts with great interest. I have purchased a condo in the River Tower on the NW corner of the 23rd Floor. I have recently been told to expect to go to settlement in March or April 2007.

I am very excited about all the develpment on the Riverfront. I had an office in the DART building which has been demolished for Justison Landing. I now work in the old duPont building on Beech Street.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 9:14 AM
I ate your kids. Sorry.

Welcome, 2301

Last edited by Joey D; Apr 1, 2006 at 9:17 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive