HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 4:57 PM
New Yorker for life

I change my mind again. This is the best one yet...

Quote:
You should share more of these in the Freedom Tower thread.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 8:58 PM
Because I'm Clever!

I don't know why a thread on a Miami building would want to include these, but if they want to see all of them, they'll have to come here.

Or look through every NY thread in the P&C section.

Last edited by STR; Jan 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 9:13 PM

Your work is the work of an excellent architect. You are awesome.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 9:24 PM

Oh man, the last photo on the previous page is bananas. The transportation hub alone would be an attraction, I always forget how gorgeous it is. Throw the rest of the complex in with Calatrava's hub, and this will be the best urban space in the US without a doubt when it's done.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 6:18 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
Your work is the work of an excellent architect. You are awesome.

The sole update for today, and it's not exactly the mind blowing hi-def newness that most of these are. I'm replacing the last of the original buildings from my 2006 model. Tower 7 wasn't even done in real life when I made it. It should be a good opportunity to adjust my materials again. Tomorrow will bring the finished 7WTC and some new pics of the re-done Manhattan West twin-ish towers.

During my research, I found out there's actually a church that's open to the public that's leased space on the 40th floor of 7WTC. http://rivernyc.org That's kinda cool. Wonder if they have a room with a view...

Last edited by STR; Jan 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 12:24 AM

Hey STR I posted your future Manhattan Skyline render from the Statue of Liberty on the One World Trade Center thread. I hope you won't mind since someone requested it, and yours is one of the best one out there. Don't get mad though I gave the credits to you.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 12:29 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^No biggie. Just leave a link in this thread next time so I can track responses.

From the Skylobby in 1 World Trade Center. It's a unique space, over 700 feet in the air with a double height space in the north part of the floor.

Also revamped the OP into a "Best of" roll of the various buildings. Since the link in my sig lands people on Page 1, I figure it's a good idea to keep it updated with the newer work which totally blows away the old stuff.

Last edited by STR; Jan 15, 2011 at 5:19 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 3:34 PM

The renders get better and better, MW and 15 Penn are behemoths. This is probably a dumb question, but is the unrefined grey building in a few of the renders the first Hudson Yards building?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 4:49 PM

Things just keep getting better.

Question regarding that skylobby: is it just to provide an awesome view for the workers? Will that be the location of their cafeteria or some such? Either way, nice view!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 6:19 PM

Nope a sky lobby is where people change elevators from one to another. It was in the original World Trade Center Twin Towers too.

Here is proof

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 10:29 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^Yep. The WTC was the first building to utilize skylobbies and an integrated express/local elevator system. It was modeled after the NYC subway system. It was a controversial design choice at the time, but it freed up well over a million square feet of space.

C57

Last edited by STR; Jan 16, 2011 at 5:06 AM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 1:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but is the unrefined grey building in a few of the renders the first Hudson Yards building?
Looks like the Girasole (3 Hudson Blvd), potentially the first office tower of the Hudson Yards.

Those renderings are incredible...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
^Yep. The WTC was the first building to utilize skylobbies and an integrated express/local elevator system. It was modeled after the NYC subway system. It was a controversial design choice at the time, but it freed up well over a million square feet of space.
I know what skylobbies are - I was asking about the double height floor on only the north side. Is there a structural reason for this?

Looking back at the original post it did seem like I was asking what a skylobby was, though. My bad.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2011, 5:42 PM
Closed account

Amazing work!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 10:46 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^^^

Port Authority Bus Terminal Tower at 20 Times Square.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 12:42 PM

STR, can you, please, show us more of Carnegie but down from the 58th street..I was wondering about those few floors down there..Thanks..

And I'm reposting those renders to the Skyscrapercity's Carnegie thread..

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 11:09 PM

whoever did these renderings is a fricken genius!!! haha i wanna know how I can do that kind of art work!! But someone should do a rendering of midtown with the whole hudson yards project finished and all of the proposed buildings in the rendering as well!!!! That would be unbelievable!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 11:16 PM
Because I'm Clever!

^I'm not doing the entirety of the Hudson Yards until there's specific proposals for each site. It takes too much time to make a building look right only to have to delete it and start over from scratch.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 11:28 PM

^true that man. it was just a thought though. Yet there are some buildings that i think should be put into a rendering. For instance the new four seasons in downtown and PA terminal HQ but if only i knew how to do it i would haha.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2011, 11:33 PM
Because I'm Clever!

I just did the PABT Tower, and 99 Church is up next.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art