HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed Kandi View Post
I heard a coworker talking about this earlier today. Apparently some homeless guy climbed up to the top white car last night and was caught sleeping inside it.
The modern mythology got started even before it was completed!

One of the things I love about art installations like this is watching and listening to the reactions of people. It's already a success if it's (in)famous and stories are circulating about it before it was even finished. April Fool's Day will be the first full day for the car drivers below to admire the completed work and ponder it's message.

I think that's Marcus Bowcott (the artist) in the first pic below.

March 31 '15, all my pics

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 4:10 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Terry Gilliam called, he wants his 1980s drawing back.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 4:39 AM

It's part of the Vancouver Biennale, so no, it's not (necessarily) permanent. If someone wanted to buy it and donate it to the city, then it could be... But I suspect this one won't be quite as popular as A-maze-ing Laughter. The mural on the concrete silos at Granville Island is permanent though.

That being said, I love the biennale. I wish we could keep more pieces, or if the public could vote on the best one and the City would buy it or something.
http://www.vancouverbiennale.com/

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 4:47 AM

I walked by just now, and the top car is lit on the inside with a bright green light that matches all the park protest lights in all the surrounding buildings. Somehow I doubt the City is especially happy about that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment