HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 2:07 AM

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

At 80 Hogan Court framing is going up for the future strip mall including Pizza Co. Work has also begun on Unit C which according to the site plan will likely be a gas station.

Down Larry Uteck West at Brookline Plaza signage indicates The Village Tap House will be opening soon.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 12:31 PM

I took a walk around Brookline Plaza on Sunday, and saw a sign indicating a Pharmasave is going in there.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
"C" by the way is almost certainly a gas station with a carwash. The tiny store footprint indicates brands like Wilsons, Canadian Tire or Esso. Mobil are in Superstore parking lots but don't have carwashes. Petro Canada, Irving, and Fast Fuel are all nearby and usually build bigger stores. Shell tends to partner with Sobeys Express who would never build in a Superstore parking lot.
So building "C" at Hogan Court Plaza (Superstore) will be an Esso GO! Store. Onsite signage has confirmed this.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 3:24 AM

Innovation Towers North Building is now occupied.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 12:18 AM

There are a few updates out this way. A crane is up in the woods off Amesbury Gate. I think there are two Multics and townhouses planned here. This crane was what I thought could be the fourth for Richmond Yards, so maybe that will remain a three crane site.

Equipment and a crane section are on site for the lot on the northwest corner of Larry Uteck and Brookline. I think the is a two building site as well.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
There are a few updates out this way. A crane is up in the woods off Amesbury Gate. I think there are two Multics and townhouses planned here. This crane was what I thought could be the fourth for Richmond Yards, so maybe that will remain a three crane site.
That is Ledgegate Lane and the version getting approval right now is a six-storey multi-unit and 21 townhouses. Case 22980 Details.

Quote:
Equipment and a crane section are on site for the lot on the northwest corner of Larry Uteck and Brookline. I think the is a two building site as well.
If you're talking about the site immediately across Brookline Drive from Brookline Plaza that will be home to an identical retail plaza called Larry Uteck Plaza and one multi-unit. Their website has a recent concept plan for the area;

Last edited by Dmajackson; May 13, 2021 at 4:02 AM.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 1:43 PM

They might as well remove proposed Hwy113 from the concept. That will never be built.

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 3:04 AM

Plaza REIT has updated their site plan for Hogan Court Plaza. It confirms that Building 'B' will be an A&W. This will be standalone between Pizza Co and Superstore against the highway.

https://plaza.ca/plaza-properties/hogan-court-plaza/

This will be the fourth A&W in Bedford! Theres the one in Sunnyside, and two others have been built in the last five years (Damascus Road and Gary Martin Drive). Add in the new on in Dartmouth Crossing and my teen burger cravings will always be easy to satisfy.

Last edited by Dmajackson; May 20, 2021 at 3:18 AM.

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinja View Post
Looking at it more you're 100% right about C being a car wash and the pumps to the right.

Looking at B more there is what looks to be a dumpster to the right with 2 doors facing superstore and 1 door out towards the parking lot. I'm wondering if this could be an A&W?
Just bumping this so DigitalNinja can enjoy the glory of being the winner of the Halifax subforum today.

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 11:04 AM

Another A&W opening in Fall River soon as well

Old Posted May 20, 2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
This will be the fourth A&W in Bedford! Theres the one in Sunnyside, and two others have been built in the last five years (Damascus Road and Gary Martin Drive). Add in the new on in Dartmouth Crossing and my teen burger cravings will always be easy to satisfy.
Also one about to open in Eastern Passage on Cow Bay Road, in the new plaza with the Shell station (makes up for the closing a few months ago of the freestanding one on Pleasant Street near the Woodside ferry terminal).

By the way, I'm not sure how often you might get to Dartmouth Crossing, but the "new" A&W there has actually been open for about three years now.

They do seem to be popping up everywhere.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 5:38 PM

Looks like there is a preliminary application going through to develop Bedford West Sub area 12. I don't think this was included in the previous plan. I don't remember seeing any street design or anything for this one.

Looking at an additional 5200 people for Area 12. They are also looking to re-arrange density to move over to sub area 1 which I think is in the same general area?

Sub area 10 is also going through the development agreement process which fronts along the 102 between Larry U and Kearney Lake

https://www.halifax.ca/sites/default...0629rc1113.pdf

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinja View Post
Looks like there is a preliminary application going through to develop Bedford West Sub area 12. I don't think this was included in the previous plan. I don't remember seeing any street design or anything for this one.

Looking at an additional 5200 people for Area 12. They are also looking to re-arrange density to move over to sub area 1 which I think is in the same general area?

Sub area 10 is also going through the development agreement process which fronts along the 102 between Larry U and Kearney Lake

https://www.halifax.ca/sites/default...0629rc1113.pdf
Seven of the twelve sub areas have development agreements attached to them.

#1 - Is the lands between Peerless Subdivision and Larry Uteck Blvd and is part of this project. No DA issued for the area yet.

#2 - Cascades Park is fully built out for roads and low-density housing. Multis are still U/C.

#3 & #4 - Stonington Park / Innovation Drive / West Bedford Business Campus. Residential fully built out with the last few multis U/C.

#5 - Waterberry Park. Fully built out with the last few multis U/C.

#6 - Smallest sub-area at the northern intersection of Broad and LUB. No DA issued for the site but half is the site of the schools U/C and the other half is the rumoured future Sobeys plaza.

#7 - Brookline Park. Road extensions and low density housing U/C. Commercial is starting to be built. No multis yet.

#8 - North of #7. They've started road work but nothing is open yet. Rumour is a large three building project will be the first phase.

#9 - Hogan Court area. Road is open. Only multis and commercial are planned and some are U/C or open.

#10 - Keaney Lake Road between the interchanges. No DA issued but the rules and concept plan are being negotiated. Case 20401 Details

#11 - Kearney Lake subdivision. No DA issued. No details on this area.

#12 - Triangle area between HPR, Atlantic Acres, and Kingswood. No DA issued but it is the bulk of this project.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 2:09 AM

New Bedford school

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 6:05 PM

All photos taken by me. See my signature for link to my blog.

West Bedford PP - 9 School

Ella Lane (behind Larry Uteck Plaza)

Blue Mountain - Birch Cove Lakes WA Trailhead (Brookline Drive) - Brookline Park is now open to this site with the street paved through the Highway 113 corridor.

Broad Street Plaza (Broad Street @ Gary Martin Drive)

Hogan Court Plaza - Popeye's Chicken will be in the building on the far right. There is also an A&W being built out of frame.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 7:43 PM

A new crane is up at the lot diagonally SW to the new school, across Larry Uteck Boulevard on what I believe will be Brookline?

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 5:04 AM

^That is Brookline Drive (North). The concept plan shows three multi-unit buildings on that site. I can't find anything specific but if my memory is correct this is the only site in Bedford West that allows for up to 15 stories.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 7:03 PM

Would you have a link to the concept plan? Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmacneil View Post
Would you have a link to the concept plan? Thanks.
https://www.theparksofwestbedford.ca...line/#park-map

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 4:05 AM

Regarding the building at Brookline (North) at Larry Uteck with the crane pictured above unfortunately Halifax has stopped updating it's building permits reliably. The civic address updates are still updated weekly. This development will be on Rooksview Lane with four civic #'s 16 / 17 / 37 / 38.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs