HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilroy97 View Post
Just noticed this building on Brant Drive, which I assume is a warehouse by the Metro self-storage on Kenmount Rd.

Drove in around but no signs to be seen.

Anyone know what it is? Just curious.

Thanks
Ed
This is the new cannabis growing facility.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 7:21 PM

From VOCMNews twitter feed. #nlsports

Stadium Partners NL held a news conference today at Glendenning Golf Club to reveal some concepts of the proposed Galway Ice Field.
The land is being donated by Danny Williams and Dewcor.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=60E98EE1

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8d&oe=60E86507

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:17 PM

Kenmount Crossing

Noticed a construction trailer next to Metro Self Storage along Kenmount Road. Was thinking it was for construction of Irving gas bar which I read about in the past in this forum but sign is up announcing future location of Kubota NL - May 2022.

Parking lot is now paved on opposite side of Metro Self Storage as well. Thinking this is owned/used by DRL for it's bus route??

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocchet22 View Post
Noticed a construction trailer next to Metro Self Storage along Kenmount Road. Was thinking it was for construction of Irving gas bar which I read about in the past in this forum but sign is up announcing future location of Kubota NL - May 2022.

Parking lot is now paved on opposite side of Metro Self Storage as well. Thinking this is owned/used by DRL for it's bus route??
The lot is some sort of carpooling hub.

An Irving was approved for one of the corners of this new intersection that was to include an Circle K and a fast food outlet/drive thru. There have been 5 proposed and approved gas stations in the last number of years that have not seen the light of day.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 6:15 PM

NL Kubota Limited are moving further west on Kenmount Road and are constructing a new building up next to Metro Self Storage on the corner of Kenmount rd and Nils Way. They have concept photo of new building on their Facebook page.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
NL Kubota Limited are moving further west on Kenmount Road and are constructing a new building up next to Metro Self Storage on the corner of Kenmount rd and Nils Way. They have concept photo of new building on their Facebook page.
Are there any more buildings/developments announced for that area?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2021, 11:22 AM

I have no idea of any other buildings going in that are. I would imagine the pandemic slowed down many developments. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if more buildings popped up in that area once there are a couple of more notable business that set up there. It’s quite a large industrial area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslue View Post
Are there any more buildings/developments announced for that area?

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 2:00 PM

CBS Retail Changes

Some new life going into the plaza next to Sobeys (same parking lot) in Long Pond which has been half empty for a while. Dollarama re-locating here to occupy middle space bookended by First Choice Haircutters and Easyhome Financial. Dominos pizza currently closed but said to be moving to a new space nearby.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 3:19 PM

Looks like there's additional development at the Octagon Pond Retail area in Paradise. An excavator was digging up some of the parking area in front of the building next to Starbucks. It looks as if a gas station fuel container is being installed. I believed this location was slated to be a gas station from the beginning - it's just taken a little time to get it started. I have no idea what gas station it is... any guesses?

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
Looks like there's additional development at the Octagon Pond Retail area in Paradise. An excavator was digging up some of the parking area in front of the building next to Starbucks. It looks as if a gas station fuel container is being installed. I believed this location was slated to be a gas station from the beginning - it's just taken a little time to get it started. I have no idea what gas station it is... any guesses?
That is great news. The area could use a gas station. Early on in the project, I heard it was Shell/Needs. There is a Needs in a strip mall just east of Sobeys which was to relocate to the new site.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
That is great news. The area could use a gas station. Early on in the project, I heard it was Shell/Needs. There is a Needs in a strip mall just east of Sobeys which was to relocate to the new site.
There's been some buzz on social media around a Circle-K gong into that location, so maybe another Irving?? This is purely speculative at this point. I've also heard (again, speculative) that a Tim Hortons will be going into the development. To be completely honest... I'm not that stoked about that one.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2021, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
There's been some buzz on social media around a Circle-K gong into that location, so maybe another Irving?? This is purely speculative at this point. I've also heard (again, speculative) that a Tim Hortons will be going into the development. To be completely honest... I'm not that stoked about that one.
It could be any brand of gas bar at this point as the originals may have pulled out after all this time. As for Tim's, it would be a great spot, but there's already a Starbucks in that development. Many larger chains have a non-compete clause in their leases.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
It could be any brand of gas bar at this point as the originals may have pulled out after all this time. As for Tim's, it would be a great spot, but there's already a Starbucks in that development. Many larger chains have a non-compete clause in their leases.
Looks like this is an Irving. I drove by it yesterday and noticed an Irving sign on the canopy that was being installed.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2022, 3:41 PM

It looks like there is being work done on the area where the largest building of the original plan for Paradise Plaza was supposed to go.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2022, 2:00 PM

The mun student apartment building complex next to Aquarena is back before council.

https://vocm.com/2022/02/14/st-johns...ents-near-mun/

Old Posted Feb 15, 2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
The mun student apartment building complex next to Aquarena is back before council.

https://vocm.com/2022/02/14/st-johns...ents-near-mun/
These look pretty neat! Much nicer than Burton's Pond apartments I must say...

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 1:42 PM

Werkliv Student Appnts. Approved

"St. John’s city council votes in favour of proposed three-building apartment complex behind Aquarena"

https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundlan...ena-100693785/

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 8:45 AM

I have been noticing a lot of activity in the area behind Walmart on Kelsey Drive lately. Anyone hear what might be going in that area, if anything at all?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdan1982 View Post
I have been noticing a lot of activity in the area behind Walmart on Kelsey Drive lately. Anyone hear what might be going in that area, if anything at all?
I think it's this: https://driveproducts.com/sites/defa...une%202021.pdf

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 12:49 PM

Proposal before St. John's city council includes plans for commercial and residential development on Kenmount Hill

https://www.saltwire.com/newfoundlan...ill-100719330/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's