HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Mar 24, 2010, 2:41 PM

There is now a tower crane for the building in the 2nd photo above, so that makes two side by side and three in the general area. Bedford DJ you must be pretty pumped! The other lots in the area are in various stages of development, work on the footings for the strip mall across from the new school have begun.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2010, 10:35 PM

March 27, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
There is now a tower crane for the building in the 2nd photo above, so that makes two side by side and three in the general area. Bedford DJ you must be pretty pumped! The other lots in the area are in various stages of development, work on the footings for the strip mall across from the new school have begun.
Oh yah I'm defenitely pumped for all this new growth!

Some photos from over the weekend;

Gardens Luxury Apartments:

Unknown Building:

Commercial Plaza (Southgate @ Larry Uteck):

Larry Uteck Drive Extension:

The Trio:

Here's to continued Bedford growth!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2010, 3:48 AM

The commercial building at the corner of Southgate and Larry Uteck has now begun erecting steel framing.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2010, 1:04 AM

Most of the steel framing appears to be up for the commercial builing. It appears to be a small rectangular box style.

They were installing power lines down Larry Uteck Blvd today so I'm assuming they will pave the road soon.

Also two more sites have been cleared for development immediately up the hill and down the hill from the six storey building under construction.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2010, 1:42 AM

The steel frame building will be a small strip mall, it took them only two days to put up the steel. Foundation forms are going up across from the two buildings with the tower cranes (beside the single building). The road would be paved May 1st at the earliest, that's when Dexter will open their asphalt plants, but even then I don't think there's a real rush for the paving at the moment, lots of other work to be done. The lot just to the east of the school is currently being cleared and the lot to the west of the field is clear and has had many visitors in the last few days. Definitely lots of activity in the area, most of it is concentrated near the highway side working on the underground infrastructure on those streets.

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 10:48 PM

Major Update Spring 2010

From the weekend (all photos by me, map redone by me but orginally from www.claytondev.com);

Construction Map:
red - complete
blue - under construction

Ecole Secondaire:

Larry Uteck Drive Ext:

Pharmasave Medical Centre

Gardens Luxury I:

Gardens Luxury II:

Unknown #1:

Unknown #2:

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 2:26 AM

So the six-storey building is now called The Birchview;

Old Posted Jul 1, 2010, 6:48 PM

No photos however land is being cleared for two of the residential buildings west of Southgate Drive (towards the interchange) and it appears one other lot across from the sportsfield has already been cleared.

Larry Uteck is now paved to the far end of the sportsfield. Part of the Larry Uteck/Starboard/Nine Mile roundabout has been poured and it will be one lane by the look of it.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2010, 5:46 PM

I didn't bother trying to sneak photos of the area stretching down to the roundabouts since construction crews were on site however here are some other photos from the area;

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 2:31 AM

From the weekend;

The Birchview;

Unknown Building I;

Unknown Building II;

Unknown Building III;

Gardens Luxury II;

Larry Uteck Drive Extension;

Roundabout (Landscaping, Nine Mile Drive, Larry Uteck Drive West, and Starboard Drive respectively);

Larry Uteck Interchange (from the Bi-Hi);

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 4:17 AM

Looking good. I was talking to a friend of mine who says the subdivision on the otherside (by the RIM offices) is already starting to take shape and they are selling house plans already.

He emailed some to me; as I was thinking of getting in early when they were cheap - they look pretty impressive. I'm quite happy that Halifax hasn't taken on the snout house crazy like the western provinces have; with the enormous garage's sticking out front of the houses. God - they are just tacky.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns View Post
Looking good. I was talking to a friend of mine who says the subdivision on the otherside (by the RIM offices) is already starting to take shape and they are selling house plans already.

He emailed some to me; as I was thinking of getting in early when they were cheap - they look pretty impressive. I'm quite happy that Halifax hasn't taken on the snout house crazy like the western provinces have; with the enormous garage's sticking out front of the houses. God - they are just tacky.
I think you mean Stonington Park in the Parks of West Bedford

Here's the official website as well; http://www.theparksofwestbedford.ca/

Old Posted Aug 6, 2010, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Unknown Building III;

Sept. 15, 2010 Public information meeting
Basinview Drive Community School (cafeteria)
273 Basinview Drive, Bedford - 7:00 p.m.

Case 16213 - Application by Cresco Holdings Limited, for the lands of Cresco Holdings Limited, to amend the Neighbourhood B development agreement and Neighbourhood F development agreement of Bedford South to permit the transfer of density from Neighbourhood F to Neighbourhood B and to amend the height of two apartment buildings on Larry Uteck Boulevard from 10 to 12 storeys.

Case 16312 Details

Old Posted Aug 6, 2010, 9:54 PM

That will add some nice height to this area.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinja View Post
That will add some nice height to this area.
Great! It still bugs me though that we just can't infill the peninsula with nice 12 story density.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 1:30 AM

The site for 630 Larry Uteck (just past the soccer field);

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Sept. 15, 2010 Public information meeting
Basinview Drive Community School (cafeteria)
273 Basinview Drive, Bedford - 7:00 p.m.

Case 16213 - Application by Cresco Holdings Limited, for the lands of Cresco Holdings Limited, to amend the Neighbourhood B development agreement and Neighbourhood F development agreement of Bedford South to permit the transfer of density from Neighbourhood F to Neighbourhood B and to amend the height of two apartment buildings on Larry Uteck Boulevard from 10 to 12 storeys.

Case 16312 Details
This 12 storey building will be quite attractive. The architect on it is Lydon Lynch - not typically who you would expect to be doing an apartment building in the suburbs. Features lots of glass & spandrel & will have a sweet 2 level penthouse suite on the 11th/12th floor - lots of glass & fabulous views. If memory serves, it is pushing 3000SF. Apparently going to be a second 'twin' tower later on.

The rent will have to be pretty steep in this one to make the cost/benefit ratio attractive!

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northend Guy View Post
This 12 storey building will be quite attractive. The architect on it is Lydon Lynch - not typically who you would expect to be doing an apartment building in the suburbs. Features lots of glass & spandrel & will have a sweet 2 level penthouse suite on the 11th/12th floor - lots of glass & fabulous views. If memory serves, it is pushing 3000SF. Apparently going to be a second 'twin' tower later on.

The rent will have to be pretty steep in this one to make the cost/benefit ratio attractive!
Good to hear.

This building will be very visible along the Basin so its good to hear it will be high quality.

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2010, 1:19 AM

These photos are from over the last week. One of the buildings is now working on the fifth floor so its on the compilation list;

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 9:07 PM

^I apparently forgot to mention this above but the Pharmasave at the corner of Southgate and Larry Uteck is now open along with the school across the street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs