HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Guessing Voila hasn’t reached Saskatchewan yet?
Nope.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 7:00 PM

I haven't seen anyone post this yet, so I will mention that Bath & Body works has moved into their temporary location (former Gap location). There are navy blue boards covering the front of the permanent location, as well as the former Ardene/Regina Pats spot. They have their White Barn logo painted on the boards but not B&BW (except for small print). Opening in June 2021. I know it will just be an enlarged store, with perhaps a White Barn section?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I haven't seen anyone post this yet, so I will mention that Bath & Body works has moved into their temporary location (former Gap location). There are navy blue boards covering the front of the permanent location, as well as the former Ardene/Regina Pats spot. They have their White Barn logo painted on the boards but not B&BW (except for small print). Opening in June 2021. I know it will just be an enlarged store, with perhaps a White Barn section?
This was rumored for a few years. Yes, a Bath & Body Works store with White Barn brand section expanded area. It’s the most updated version of their stores. Glad the Ardene former spot will be used finally.

Probably similar to this...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 2:55 AM

Yeah, I know that. I talk to the store employees when I shop there. I was just pointing out that the renovations have started for those who may not go to Cornwall Centre often.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:26 PM

What's the difference between WB and BBW? Or is it sort of like Cleo & Rickis?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
What's the difference between WB and BBW? Or is it sort of like Cleo & Rickis?
From their website:

“WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHITE BARN AND BATH & BODY WORKS HOME FRAGRANCES?

From the World’s Best 3-Wick Candles to always-on Wallflowers and more – we have so many ways to fill your house (and heart) with wonderful fragrances. Our White Barn Candle Collection was one of our first home fragrance collections and has been a favorite since it was founded in 1998.

Our White Barn Candle Collection provides sophisticated fragrances, more neutral wax colors, and timeless décor options that will fit into any room of your home.

Our Bath & Body Works Collection captures the scents, colors, and spirit of the seasons while embodying your favorite experiences throughout the year in fun, seasonal, vibrant colors and designs.”

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 7:41 PM

I noticed that T+A and Core Coffee have once again moved, this time to 13th and Halifax. Not sure why as this is now their 3rd location in only a few years.

Does anyone know what is going on just south of the Fat Badger? It says the space is leased and it looks like they’re building a patio out front (might just be expanding the Badger)

Also what’s going in where Hunter Gatherer used to be? Seemed to be doing a decent bit of work today

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
I noticed that T+A and Core Coffee have once again moved, this time to 13th and Halifax. Not sure why as this is now their 3rd location in only a few years.

Does anyone know what is going on just south of the Fat Badger? It says the space is leased and it looks like they’re building a patio out front (might just be expanding the Badger)

Also what’s going in where Hunter Gatherer used to be? Seemed to be doing a decent bit of work today
T + A outgrew their old location and also expanded or plan to expand their food offering.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
I have been told a new breakfast/diner type place is going in there. Not vegetarian, which is what Hunter Gatherer was.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 8:30 PM

Cornwall Centre

Aeropostale to replace Eddie Bauer this summer. Kind of a good thing for the Cornwall to get another national brand in there so quickly.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Aeropostale to replace Eddie Bauer this summer. Kind of a good thing for the Cornwall to get another national brand in there so quickly.
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...efront-photos/

Same group in connection to Forever 21 re-entering Canada. Maybe Cornwall Centre?

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ysical-stores/

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Apr 18, 2021 at 9:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 12:13 AM

Quote:
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...efront-photos/

Same group in connection to Forever 21 re-entering Canada. Maybe Cornwall Centre?

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ysical-stores/
Welcome back, Aeropostale. The former Eddie Bauer spot should be better for them (higher visibility) than their original Cornwall Centre spot.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Welcome back, Aeropostale. The former Eddie Bauer spot should be better for them (higher visibility) than their original Cornwall Centre spot.
Whereabouts were they located the first time? As for Forever 21, I wonder if Urban Planet gets rebranded. Alternately, it would fit well in the Gap space

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Whereabouts were they located the first time? As for Forever 21, I wonder if Urban Planet gets rebranded. Alternately, it would fit well in the Gap space
Where Boathouse is on the first level. I was thinking Forever 21 would be a good fit for the GAP, BUT a Zara or Artizia or higher quality brand would be better.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 12:06 AM

New Aeropostale location hoarding in former Eddie Bauer spot

Temporary Bath & Body Works in former GAP/GAP Kids during renovations

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 11:57 PM

Has Pet Valu opened at the Southland Mall yet?

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 3:54 AM

I was in Southland today for the first time in a year or maybe longer. I know malls are a dying breed, but it was shocking to see how many empty stores there are. Even a few with stock like Northern Reflections were dark and locked up.

I didn't see PetValu but I wasn't looking for it.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 6:52 AM

Quote:
This was rumored for a few years. Yes, a Bath & Body Works store with White Barn brand section expanded area. It’s the most updated version of their stores. Glad the Ardene former spot will be used finally.

Probably similar to this...

they've been redoing some of the stores here in BC they are a white barn housed inside a bath and body works now. and then the back of the store is B&BW again.

source

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
I was in Southland today for the first time in a year or maybe longer. I know malls are a dying breed, but it was shocking to see how many empty stores there are. Even a few with stock like Northern Reflections were dark and locked up.

I didn't see PetValu but I wasn't looking for it.
I wonder if maybe some stores are on shorter opening hours? Or maybe waiting for full opening to save money?
With Strathallen moving tenants away from the north side chunk to make room for their Medical Hub redevelopment, that might be the visual reason to see more empty spaces. I’ve heard that that the Medical Hub idea hasn’t been successful in finding doctor/health tenants to relocate to the Southland Mall. It might however allow in the end for a larger leasable space for Planet Fitness or something to open on the north side of the mall.

PS. The Pharmacy (former Smitty’s) is where Pet Valu is apparently going. Looks like Strathallen wasn’t successful in leasing a Rexall or comparable pharmacy.

Updated Southland leasing map:
https://www.southlandshoppingcentre....and-Mall-1.pdf

Medical Hub Leasing Brochure:
https://www.southlandshoppingcentre....edical_V09.pdf

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; May 13, 2021 at 6:07 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 9:03 PM

Late night shopping on Wed-Fri at Southland is now only until 7pm, not 9pm, but I don't know if that's recent.

It's too bad about that mall. When CT/Sportchek/Atmosphere went in, it seemed to really perk up the whole mall. I think turning it into a gym and health centre could kill the rest of the mall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan