HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 16, 2020, 5:06 PM

There's a Bund League football game on right now with no fans. It's pretty dead. I switched the channel to Scooby-Doo.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
That's totally unreasonable and arbitrary. The team will fold long before then without substantial handouts if they have their gate revenues cut off that much. I dont think that this is a realistic long term policy plan. By the end of the calendar year if we still cant host large events its going to start to kill off all sorts of cultural institutions.
Its interesting though if you at it on a venue by venue basis. Assuming we leave spaces between people and maybe start with half capacity or something, a venue like the Concert Hall is set up fantastically for this as there's an entrance for every couple rows. Probably close to the same amount of vomitories in the Concert Hall as the arena, but for like a tenth of the people. There's also much more leg room at CH vs. arena, for when you need to pass someone.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 4:59 PM

With 6 feet between people what could they do at BellMTS Place? Are the exits, washrooms, and concourse the bottlenecks?

Maybe 3,000 fans.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 5:06 PM

Those are all issues, but apparently the biggest one is the small vomitories (the actual entrances to the bowl). Smallest in the NHL.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 5:46 PM

edit

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 3:48 PM

I have to say it - the Jets suck.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I have to say it - the Jets suck.
That was a brutal season. No defense and hardly any grit anymore and it cost in every area of the game, except possibly for demonstrating that Hellebuyck is a beast (too bad his talent was just wasted).

Byfuglien's decision definitely hurt but you can't put the blame on one player, what was Chevy thinking letting almost our entire D core go and not doing anything to fill in the void.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 5:28 PM

Time for an overhaul.

Defence definitely needs work.

Time to seriously consider trading Laine while we can still get someone for him. Never been a fan of him.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 7:08 PM
What could go wrong?

Hey, I’m looking at the upside....win the draft lottery for Lafreniere and trade him to Buffalo for Eichel.

Eichel isn’t happy in Buffalo, we need another quality centre, we throw in a third rounder and we win the cup next year......I know we need some defensive help too but...
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 8:28 PM

Lets not revolt because we lost a series after losing a quarter of our goal production. Not to mention if that production was there the Flames likely would have had less control of each game. This series could have been much closer. With the money we will have for next year we could bolster our defense and be much better.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 8:33 PM

Fundamentally the bufyglien situation, and to a lesser extent Bryan Little injuries, really hurt them team overall. Tied up like $10 million in salary and left them with limited options

Then the injuries in the qualifier, just brutal. Shaking up the lineup does not help at all vs a strong Calgary team.

We'll see what happens in the lottery, which could be interesting if they do actually win. A shake-up in the off season, with the salary from Buff. Whats gonna happen with Little? They need to bring in a big gun on D. Not just Travis Hamonic or someone like that. They need a star.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 8:38 PM

What also hurts is we already won the draft lottery once... kind of. Only the Jets are lucky enough to win the lottery from that high and still not get it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 11:35 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

So what we need is this...

- A 2nd line centreman
- An actual defensive core. JoMo needs help back there, and Pionk has grown on me, but they need size and presence as well. Kulikov has been frustrating all season, and Poolman shows up when he can.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:01 PM

According to Mike McIntyre, the Jets will either now pick 1st (win lottery) 9th (MIN wins series) or 10th (MIN loses). I'm not overly upset with a guaranteed top 10 pick and a legit shot at 1st overall.

Obviously if Scheif and Laine were in this series could have gone very differently, but I don't think we had the defence to go past the second round at best. So I'll take a good pick from stacked draft.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
What also hurts is we already won the draft lottery once... kind of. Only the Jets are lucky enough to win the lottery from that high and still not get it.
Get what? I don't really understand the comment. It sounds like you feel the Jets have somehow uniquely failed as an organization because they once had the #2 pick and haven't won the cup? Confused.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Get what? I don't really understand the comment. It sounds like you feel the Jets have somehow uniquely failed as an organization because they once had the #2 pick and haven't won the cup? Confused.
It could be worse, we could be the Oilers...

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
According to Mike McIntyre, the Jets will either now pick 1st (win lottery) 9th (MIN wins series) or 10th (MIN loses). I'm not overly upset with a guaranteed top 10 pick and a legit shot at 1st overall.

Obviously if Scheif and Laine were in this series could have gone very differently, but I don't think we had the defence to go past the second round at best. So I'll take a good pick from stacked draft.
It's:

1st if Winnipeg wins the lottery.
9th if Minnesota wins the lottery.
10th if anyone else wins the lottery.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 7:21 PM

My own view is enough is enough with Chevy and Maurice. They have had their run and one time advancing to the second round has been the best result so far, and we have regression the past few years. Jets need to change it up if they are to advance further.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 8:04 PM
Formerly rypinion

Quote:
My own view is enough is enough with Chevy and Maurice. They have had their run and one time advancing to the second round has been the best result so far, and we have regression the past few years. Jets need to change it up if they are to advance further.
Third round.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Agree fully. It was the 3rd round but that was all since Maurice joined them in Jan 2014 I believe. Not much in 6.5 years. Time for a change of both of them!

What concerns me is that without Schiefle and Laine they showed absolutely no depth in their current roster. They tried but they simply were not good enough and that does not speak well for the future with this roster

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan