HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
No, this thread is only for Salt Lake, Tooele, and Summit Counties.
Ogden may want to follow suit by having two threads. one for the city proper, and another for Davis and other counties that include Brigham City, Logan, and the town to the east (I forgot the name) I believe that would include both Davis and Cashe Counties. Same with Provo: one for the city proper, and a Utah County and Wasatch Counties thread.
There isn't enough going on in Davis/Weber Counties to warrant a second thread. For what its worth, I don't think that Utah County and Provo need separate threads either.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 2:42 PM

Here are the pictures of the Draper Temple:

march 12, 2008

april 23, 2008

And just in case anyone is interested, the State Capitol building with the cherry trees:

april 24, 2008

april 24, 20008

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 2:44 PM

^^^
^^^
I agree Ark, I've been meaning to ask Wasatch One if we could merge the two threads for Utah Valley together. Something like a 'Provo MSA Development Thread.' It would probably be best if we wait a week or so, and let the excess threads that we already voted to eliminate, get closed by a moderator or worked off of the first page.

Great Pics gbb, thanks for sharing. A couple a really cool things that I wouldn't have known from earlier posts, that I see in your pics. One, the Draper temple is being clad in a more subdued granite gray. I'm glad, I wasn't as keen on the white, that was shown in the renderings. Also, those cherry trees are a part of the New Grande promenade, aren't they? I was pretty excited about that when I first saw the rendering. I'm delighted that they planted trees that are already so large right out of the gate. Very cool.

Last edited by delts145; May 2, 2008 at 2:55 PM.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 3:54 PM

I had heard a rumor about problems with the Draper temple. That the foundations were starting to sink in one portion or something? Anyone else hear that?

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
There isn't enough going on in Davis/Weber Counties to warrant a second thread. For what its worth, I don't think that Utah County and Provo need separate threads either.
Ark, I have to agree with you. Here in Davis County, we really only have the Station Park in Farmington and the Eaglewood Village that is noteworthy. After my post the other day asking about posting it here I checked out the Ogden thread and don't really feel that I am going to post these in that thread. For hell's sake, Eaglewood Village is 7 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. A ton closer than the Draper Temple, Daybreak Temple, Cottonwood Mall project, Murray projects, etc. But I do understand that you guys want to keep the thread more organized with only developments from certain areas, so I will just keep these photos to myself, I guess. I don't understand how Tooele and Park City can be grouped with Salt Lake City, and North Salt Lake, Bountiful, Woods Cross, etc, which are by far closer to the city, are left out. Oh well, just my thoughts. Don't worry, I won't clog the thread with photos from Davis County.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 4:00 PM

I think that anything from Bountiful, West Bountiful, Woods Cross and North Salt Lake should be listed in this thread. I wouldn't even mind including Centerville as all of these places are closer to SLC then Ogden and at least should be considered in this thread as being in the MSA for Salt Lake.

I used to live around the corner from the Eaglewood Village project and don't get up there as often anymore. I would love to see updates on this project.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 4:11 PM

I haven't heard of any problems with the footings at the Draper Temple. I'll have to ask.

I would say the biggest reason for posting those southern Davis County projects in the Ogden thread is due to the fact that it is a part of the Ogden/Clearfield MSA. But I do agree, it is much closer to Salt Lake than it is to Ogden.

Delts, yes those trees are apart of the promenade that surrounds the Capitol. It is going to be great in 10 years when they are beginning to really enclose the path, it will be spectacular in the spring.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 4:31 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
But I do understand that you guys want to keep the thread more organized with only developments from certain areas, so I will just keep these photos to myself, I guess.

I have no issue with you posting those pics on here. I for one would like to see your photos of those projects. I always enjoy your photo updates.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 5:20 PM

I agree with Projects, For cry'n out loud T-Mac, You get us all excited about them and then you say you're going to keep them to yourself, " You big tease!!!" LOL. Listen, Post them on the Davis thread and place a note here that we requested that you also post them on this thread. That would be cool. You know darn well no one is going to snark about it over here.

Old Posted May 3, 2008, 5:33 AM

by the way, demolition has begun at the Market Station site. They've cleared several small buildings in the interior of the block.

Old Posted May 3, 2008, 5:13 PM

Eaglewood Village

There has already been a lot of site work done. They are having to build up the land because of the high water table.

These pictures are of the top portion of the project which will be all residential townhomes, condos, etc.

This will be the neighbor looking down on the project. I believe that it is an over 55 community building.

They are having to drain the moisture from the hillside. Notice the 2 large hoses on the hillside. I also understand that they are going to be doing some work to the hillside to support it. A lot of site issues to deal with here.

Old Posted May 4, 2008, 9:09 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
No, this thread is only for Salt Lake, Tooele, and Summit Counties.
Ogden may want to follow suit by having two threads. one for the city proper, and another for Davis and other counties that include Brigham City, Logan, and the town to the east (I forgot the name) I believe that would include both Davis and Cashe Counties. Same with Provo: one for the city proper, and a Utah County and Wasatch Counties thread.
I would have to disagree with you on putting Logan(cache Valley) into a Ogden MSA thread as Logan is a MSA of its own with Cache, UT and Franklin, ID counties. Living in Cache Valley myself, I feel no connection to Ogden or even Brigham City in any way. Let Cache Valley have its own thread as it does now.

Now if I could just get some of you to post in it when I post articles. There is a cool article from the local news paper here that was about an old trolley system Cache Valley had back in the early 1900's that ran from Ogden to Preston, ID. Just to think that such a small town as Logan back in the 1930's had quite the extensive trolley network. If you want to read it dig up the thread from the bottom of the page or on page 2

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb View Post

I would say the biggest reason for posting those southern Davis County projects in the Ogden thread is due to the fact that it is a part of the Ogden/Clearfield MSA. But I do agree, it is much closer to Salt Lake than it is to Ogden.
Why is it called the Ogden-Clearfield MSA? Clearfield's population is only about 26,000. While Layton is closer to 70,000. I should just be Ogden-Layton MSA or something. I think Layton is included in this MSA too. I don't see why they would include such a small city into the name. It just seems kinda weird that they did that in the first place.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevena07 View Post
Why is it called the Ogden-Clearfield MSA? Clearfield's population is only about 26,000. While Layton is closer to 70,000. I should just be Ogden-Layton MSA or something. I think Layton is included in this MSA too. I don't see why they would include such a small city into the name. It just seems kinda weird that they did that in the first place.
I've wondered that myself. I live in Clearfield, so I'm not complaining.
I wonder if it has something to do with the number of people that work in Clearfield? I think that between Hill AFB and the Freeport Center, more people work in Clearfield than live here.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevena07 View Post
I have often wondered that same thing, thinking that it should be Ogden-Layton or Ogden-Bountiful. But it is what it is.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 4:28 AM

I'm guessing it's based on the work force in Clearfield.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 3:54 PM

I was looking for something else on Bowen Studios' website this morning:
http://bowenstudios.com

And found these renderings:

One is for a Performing Arts Center in S. Jordan, the second is a condo project on 200 E S. of the Questar Bldg. and the last is for a remodel of the shamefully ugly Chase Building at 300 S & W. Temple.

Has anyone heard anything about any of these projects?
Bowen Studios is a rendering company, not an architectural firm, so these projects could easily have been proposed and abandoned already with no public announcement, just thought I'd share them and see if anyone knows anything.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 7:25 PM

lmao at the chase tower rendering. That thing still looks hideous! ... What bothers me about chase tower is that 2 story building that it is connected to at west temple and 300 south. That is a perfect location for something of real height. Same with the american plaza offices 200 s. and west temp. ... cool find though! ... Also, I really wish that developers would hold off on developing on that block that borders 200 E. State Street, 100 S and 200 S. ... That is dead center in our skyline and since the arts and cultural district which is one block west doesn't really have anything planned with real height that would cause a dramatic change to the skyline it keeps me hoping that this block before mentioned will eventually have some 40, 50 and 60 story towers in it.

p.s. maybe those renderings should've gone in the salt lake development thread since 2 of the renderings are for DT.

Old Posted May 5, 2008, 7:33 PM

Bowen studios & Chase reskin

As an architect, I think the reskin of the Chase buildings looks much more attractive than what is currently there. I hope they go through with the new skin design.

Old Posted May 6, 2008, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
As an architect, I think the reskin of the Chase buildings looks much more attractive than what is currently there. I hope they go through with the new skin design.

I agree! I like it, much better.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West