HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 2:48 PM

Hopefully the development is actually in an urban, walkable format. I'm not really a fan of the way that part of Atlanta is developing. Lots of suburban-esque development like single family homes subdivision and strip malls. The zoning in that part of Atlanta is atrocious.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Hopefully the development is actually in an urban, walkable format. I'm not really a fan of the way that part of Atlanta is developing. Lots of suburban-esque development like single family homes subdivision and strip malls. The zoning in that part of Atlanta is atrocious.
I hope we can concentrate the high density development in areas near transit, and leave these car dependent areas low density, IMO

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I hope we can concentrate the high density development in areas near transit, and leave these car dependent areas low density, IMO
Plenty of low density in the suburbs. Maybe we an actually build affordable mid-high density in these outer parts of Atlanta. Last thing Atlanta needs is more subdivision when that's 95% of the metro area.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
As someone pointed out there's an existing Kroger just a few blocks from the 17th & Northside site - 1715 Howell Mill. But Kroger already purchased the land parcel a couple years ago for 10+ million.
Right, that's the one I go too currently but I'd love to make the switch to this one. Even thought its a mile or two apart, its still more convenient. I wonder if they are shopping the land.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 8:10 PM

Quote:
From the map on the page prior, it’s pretty suburban patterns it’s developing. Hardly any commercial nodes and those that are are essentially auto dependent. Atlanta could be so much more, but it’s choosing to not be.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
From the map on the page prior, it’s pretty suburban patterns it’s developing. Hardly any commercial nodes and those that are are essentially auto dependent. Atlanta could be so much more, but it’s choosing to not be.
It's taking way too long for Tim Keane to reform the zoning codes of the city especially in the midst of the biggest boom the city has seen since the 40s.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
It's taking way too long for Tim Keane to reform the zoning codes of the city especially in the midst of the biggest boom the city has seen since the 40s.
O4W’s Fourth Ward Alliance is soliciting feedback of the MR-MU zoning at their next meeting. There’s an online survey, too. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...invFA/viewform

IMO, DCP’s proposals need to be the bare minimum for all Atlanta neighborhoods. From there, neighborhoods need to build off of and enhance to create their own unique feel.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 6:07 PM

New Brock Built homes coming to 2081 Hollywood Rd NW.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
New Brock Built homes coming to 2081 Hollywood Rd NW.

I wish they could've found a way to renovate the current apartments so the residents could stay. However, I figured it was only a matter of time. These apartments are majority Latino and low income and are similar to the apartments that they're renovating off Lenox Rd. & Woodland Ave. This area has been improving for the past several years which made these apartments seem more and more out of place. I wonder where the people who currently live here will end up getting dispersed to.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 12:01 AM

All for more subdivision-like developments. God the Upper Westside area is so awful and suburban like. Doubt I'll ever really spend any time up there though...might as well be Smyrna.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:15 PM

New York post production studio expands to The Works

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...source=twitter

Quote:
A New York post production studio is expanding into Atlanta for the first time.

Uppercut, based in the Chelsea area of Manhattan, is moving into a new adaptive reuse project in Atlanta’s Upper Westside district. It will occupy just under 10,000 square feet in the first phase of The Works, an 80-acre industrial site along Chattahoochee Avenue that is being transformed into a mixed-use project for makers, new businesses, shops and restaurants.

The $200 million first phase of the project is well underway.

Atlanta real estate company Selig Enterprises owns the development.

Uppercut will move into 1255 Makers Way, a 65-year-old former warehouse that is being redeveloped into 47,000 square feet of modern office space.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 11:52 PM

The Works at Chattahoochee

Fox Bros is opening its second location at The Works.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B37PjHwJAt6/

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 1:20 AM

The Works at Chattahoochee

Interesting parking deck treatment

https://twitter.com/theworksatl/stat...94714612707329

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 12:24 AM

How a converted 80-year-old warehouse shifts the future Beltline landscape

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline
Quote:
A new development will convert nearly 80-year-old warehouses into creative office space and provide an important link for the future Beltline in northwest Atlanta.

A joint venture of Atlanta-based developer Third & Urban and Maryland private equity firm FCP bought 15 acres of the former The Atlanta Paper Co. plant at 950 West Marietta.

The joint venture also worked out an agreement with Atlanta Beltline Inc. to allow the multi-use trail to run through the site. That's potentially significant for the build-out of the Beltline on the northwest side of the city because it provides potential links to planned extensions of the Westside Trail and a new trail to downtown from the PATH Foundation.

Third & Urban and FCP worked out a deal with Overland Park, Kan.-based QTS Realty Inc. to acquire the buildings. QTS will maintain a long-term ground lease, as warehouses are redesigned for creative office space and retail.

The renovations will also feature new construction that will increase the height of the buildings to about four stories, providing skyline views of the city.

The project is directly across from the King Plow Arts Center and adjacent to Puritan Mill, a project that Faussemagne worked on.

The redevelopment of the plant is also within walking distance of several new projects underway in West Midtown and close to the forthcoming Westside Park at Bellwood Quarry. Westside Park will one day be Atlanta’s largest green space; the first phase is set to open in spring 2020.

Construction on the adaptive reuse of the plant is expected to begin the third quarter of 2020.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
So are there going to be two NW Beltline routes? I'm confused. If only one, surely the folks at Quarry Yards are not happy.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 12:32 AM

Legal feud reveals real estate gold rush on the Westside

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...OmFCg0EywoBeK/
Quote:
The real estate gold rush ignited on Atlanta’s Westside by the Beltline and what will become the city’s biggest park has triggered a war between a well-known home builder and one of northwest Atlanta’s largest land holders.

The Westside Park’s $26 million first phase is expected to open this spring, and it will connect to a future section of the Beltline. In anticipation, speculators have spent more than $100 million in recent years buying nearby property, and the hype surrounding big projects like Quarry Yards could attract hundreds of millions more in investor cash.

Brock, who is seeking more than $11.5 million in damages, alleges real estate investor and broker Gregory Todey induced him into spending millions buying property and hiring consultants to craft a sweeping master plan including apartments, blocks of townhouses and detached homes, parks, schools and retail. The development they envisioned lay near Quarry Yards and the Beltline.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 4:02 PM

Progress on Novel Upper Westside. Unfortunately, it looks like the retail portion isn't under construction yet.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
Progress on Novel Upper Westside. Unfortunately, it looks like the retail portion isn't under construction yet.

Thanks for posting the pics! I forgot this one was under construction. Really wish our HRT extended to Moore’s Mill. Seems as if it would connect a lot of new residential development.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 7:04 PM

Sure thing. Its shaping up to be a cool little area around there. The possibility of the comet/ beltine connection would help even further.

What does HRT stand for? Heavy Rail Transit?

If so, me too. I think I saw a future MARTA map that had a "Bolton" stop included in it along with a number of stops along Marietta but I'm not holding my breath. The area is served by the 1, 37, and 14 bus lines but as you know those get stuck in traffic just like cars.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 12:46 AM

Chattahoochee Food Works renderings

Quote:
Opening soon, this 30-vendor #FoodHall will be a melting pot of local, national and international fare.

https://twitter.com/theworksatl/stat...09255525015552

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Feb 6, 2020 at 1:11 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta