HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 3:06 AM

Manassas Park, VA

Manassas Park is an independent city in northern Virginia, about 14 miles south of Dulles International Airport. The population is around 18,000. The city is surrounded on almost all sides by Prince William County, but also borders Manassas in its northwest corner.

Manassas Park was once the smallest city in Virginia With the annexation of land to the east in 1990, west of Birmingham Road, Manassas Park grew to 1,573 acres, making it bigger than Falls Church by 14 acres.

Manassas Drive is the spine of the city, linking everything in the east and west sections. Centerville Road is possibly the main cross-section that divides the city into east and west, and also divides Manassas Park into its older section to the west, and newer section to the east.

Mixed-use buildings on Manassas Drive at Manassas Drive & Market Street. This area of Manassas Park is being developed as the city's "Downtown", and center of cultural life in the municipality.

Manassas Park City Hall, on Park Center Court. The city hall was built in the 1980s.

The Village at Manassas Park construction site, at Manassas Drive & Park Center Court. The development will include condominiums, a movie theater, a new city hall, a library, and a public plaza.

The Artena Manassas apartment building, on Lara Street. The structure was built in 2018.

The Conner House, on Conner Drive. The house was built in 1810, and was the headquarters of General Joseph E. Johnston, commander of the Confederate Army, from July to November 1861.

An apartment building on Railroad Drive.

A Civil War monument, on Signal View Drive. The monument commemorates the first battlefield telecommunication in US history. At this site, Confederate observers spotted Union Army troops attempting to cross Sudley Ford in 1861, leading to the Battle of Bull Run.

Houses on Carondelet Drive.

Houses on Brandon Street.

Townhouses on Jessica Court.

Townhouses on Digital Drive at Carondelet Drive, in the Dominion Crossing neighborhood.

Townhouses on Sumter Court.

A restaurant at Centerville Road & Manassas Drive.

Houses on Evans Street.

Houses on Manassas Drive.

First Bible Baptist Church, on Manassas Drive.

Houses on Courtney Drive.

Houses on Moseby Drive.

Houses on Mace Street.

A restaurant on Manassas Drive.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 1:37 AM
cities|transit|croissants

Well that's not a place I ever expected to see on SSP. Manassas maybe, but Manassas Park? Ha. Anyway, none of that town center stuff or the taller buildings were there when I last went through. Guess it's been awhile.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 3:33 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

it seems fine for a newish suburb that is showing its development place in time.

i do wonder what rebel capt. alexander would think of this place today? probably that he was turned.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2021, 7:07 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

One of my favourite albums from the 70s is Stephen Stills' Manassas, I guess this isn't quite the same place, but now I know where he got his inspiration from, sort of, I think.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post

Townhouses on Digital Drive at Carondelet Drive, in the Dominion Crossing neighborhood.

These boxes are so well-sited.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos