HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
how much more time will be wasted discussing some random image that no one seems to be able to even properly identify. It won't happen. Time to move on. You can find all kinds of crap on the internet that has been proposed or discussed or suggested- that is a long way from something that is about to be built.

Could be helpful to actually look through the document but that would take more than 30 seconds. The purpose of the study is to look at a way to remove the roadway from in front of PMA and expand the "front yard" of the museum and create a larger unified park space. The technical info in the study relates to traffic movements and volumes and they are looking at ways to handle those traffic movements with a different road configuration that would remove the heavy traffic from the front door of the art museum. After the page with the schematic there are a few pages of analysis in which the issues with the design alternative are explained and recommendations are made for future alternatives.
Is it obvious to anyone else that this dude is mayor kenney?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
That is a normal post. Move on, find a new slant.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 7:51 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
AYO

Cardeza just has different views from us, I respect that he stands on his points even if it may be against the populous.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 9:45 PM

CDR is up for May. The most notable new renderings on there are the NOTO project: an 8 story building on the parking lot + one story overbuild of the existing building at 12th and vine, and a 6 story loft-style apartment building w decorative brick work and artist space near the York-Dauphin stop in East Kensington.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 11:56 PM

This entire area is going gangbusters!!!

70-Unit Project Planned in Fishtown on Front Street (31 E. Columbia Avenue)

Rendering:

Rendering:

Current site:

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/70-unit...-front-street/

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 12:10 AM

May CDR Submissions

1201 Vine Street
-In Callowhill/Loft District area of Center City
-120 residential units
-8 floors tall
PDF:
https://www.phila.gov/media/20210421...y-4-Review.pdf

1901 E. York Street
-In East Kensington
-127 residential units with ground floor artist-industrial/commercial/retail
-6 floors tall
PDF:

3800 Powelton Avenue
-Sigh... a parking garage... that will probably be approved because it's Penn
-8-story parking garage with ground floor retail
PDF:
https://www.phila.gov/media/20210421...021-Review.pdf

3600 Grant Avenue - Torresdale Manor Residences
-In Academy Gardens section of Northeast Philly
-30 single family and twin homes
-All 3-stories tall
PDF:
https://www.phila.gov/media/20210421...021-Review.pdf

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 10:53 AM

I wonder if the new parking garage at Penn Presbyterian means that the old parking garage on 38th street would go away. Would make sense as they could then build a new building medical building right in the middle of their campus.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 2:11 PM

1901 is setting expectations HIGH with the brick in those renders.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

Rendering:

Rendering:

Current site:

Read/view more here:
I walked around East Kensington the other day...the pocket around the Harbison Dairy. It's become such a charming little pocket of the neighborhood. Lots of high quality multi-family development combined with renovated SFH. And the streets are mostly tidy and well-kept...all right next to the El.

Front Street between Girard and Lehigh is going to be spectacular in a few years.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
I wonder if the new parking garage at Penn Presbyterian means that the old parking garage on 38th street would go away. Would make sense as they could then build a new building medical building right in the middle of their campus.
Good point. Probably exactly what is going on. If that's the case, I'll accept this. A new highrise here on 38th Street in place of that garage would be great

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 3:31 PM

Harris announces $710,578 grant for Schuylkill River Trail

Quote:
Following previous grant amounts totaling over $2.2 million, state Rep. Jordan Harris, D-Phila., House Democratic Whip, announced another grant for completion of the Schuylkill River Trail from the Commonwealth Financing Authority aimed at completing the Christian to Crescent segment of the trail.

“This additional $710,578 gets our community one step closer to the final completion of an entirely off-road path from Center City to Grays Ferry,” Harris said. “Connecting more neighborhoods with a safe greenspace for pedestrians and bicyclists alike will encourage people to experience our vibrant and growing neighborhoods and enjoy everything our communities have to offer.”
Read/view more here:
https://www.pahouse.com/Harris/InThe...9R1HnZ0_lJF890

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 3:34 PM

A giant circular floating deck is coming to the Schuylkill River next to Bartram’s Garden

Quote:
Soon you’ll be able to walk on water at the southern edge of the Schuylkill River, thanks to a giant, lime green pathway curving out from land near Bartram’s Garden.

The walkable art installation is a new project from Mural Arts. The circular structure will change in elevation as you walk around it — so at different points you’ll be walking above the water, and at others you’ll be eye level with the river.

Called FloatLab, the project is set to debut in fall 2022.

Funded by the William Penn Foundation and other sponsors, it will complement other forthcoming riverside projects at Bartram’s Garden, like a new watershed education center and freshwater mussel hatchery.
Read/view more here:
https://billypenn.com/2021/04/22/phi...jUyuPTrzM8PIHo

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 3:45 PM
Midrise

Quote:
May CDR Submissions
1901 E. York Street
-In East Kensington
-127 residential units with ground floor artist-industrial/commercial/retail
-6 floors tall
PDF:
This kind of amuses me, the part I've bolded below:
"Designed with the industrial context in mind, the building is massed with distinct articulations: (1) a dominant brick massing, that references the historic textile mills in the area, features a brick tower element at the corner of Jasper and East York, and steps down the 4 stories of brick with a corrugate metal “over-build” form along the remaining street frontages of East York, Jasper, and East Boston Streets; (2) two secondary massings with brick first floors and fiber cement façades for upper floors,"
So now we're not only doing industrial-chic design for new residential construction, but also trying to pretend they're older structures with overbuilds?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 5:20 PM

Quote:
A giant circular floating deck is coming to the Schuylkill River next to Bartram’s Garden

Read/view more here:
Very cool. I'm curious how much of a construction boom we'll see in Grays Ferry and West Philly as that section of the River Trail connects to the more popular segment.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 5:42 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Harris announces $710,578 grant for Schuylkill River Trail

Read/view more here:
https://www.pahouse.com/Harris/InThe...9R1HnZ0_lJF890
Quote:

Read/view more here:
Love it!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Very cool. I'm curious how much of a construction boom we'll see in Grays Ferry and West Philly as that section of the River Trail connects to the more popular segment.
Gray's Ferry is already turning the corner. New construction all over down there... so... I'm assuming this will only speed up momentum.

As for Southwest Philly, I think it'll be huge that people will be able to walk continuously from Center City to Bartram's Garden. I think this will spark a revitalization of parts of Southwest Philly for sure - especially the areas closest to Bartram's Garden (Bartram's Village and parts of Kingsessing).

I think everything form the Schuylkill River, to Chester Ave, and 58th Street up to the Squirrel Hill/Cedar Park/Clark Park area is fair game for revitalization once the Schuylkill Trail connects to the Grays Ferry Crescent and the rest of the trail. Especially since these areas both have active trolley routes, and have the real potential to add a Regional Rail stop as well.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I walked around East Kensington the other day...the pocket around the Harbison Dairy. It's become such a charming little pocket of the neighborhood. Lots of high quality multi-family development combined with renovated SFH. And the streets are mostly tidy and well-kept...all right next to the El.

Front Street between Girard and Lehigh is going to be spectacular in a few years.
That stretch of Front St is the next Frankfort Ave.

I love living in East Kensington. Soon, it’ll have commercial lining all the edges and the middle is so livable with commercial sprinkled around.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I have a buddy in Greys Ferry. Still very rough down there.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
no Im not. But based on my line of work I can read technical documents- and occasionally I am willing to take more than 30 seconds of reviewing something before commenting. outrageous I know

Not huge kenney fan but I wouldn't go so far as calling him spawn of Satan either- but I know people here aren't fans of middle ground or dissenting opinions- no place for that here.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2021, 12:35 PM
Philly Pholly

A good fit

Quote:

31 E Columbia Avenue

31 E Columbia

Current site:

Read/view more here:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development